I hate double tapping

Best answers
In the show they didnt have to swoop away most of the time when they got away the teleported out of the way. If you cant handle the new system by all means uninstall it and go find 1.1 and install that at least that way I willnt have to hear you complain about a game that just got released and your complaining about it like its been out for months.

If I piss anyone off which I know I will. Just remember that the game has only been out for just over a week and everybody (besides the people that tested the game) all had to deal with the same issues as you did at the sametime and most of them arent complaining like you are. Why because they have learned to play the game if you cant do that or wont do that cause you think your better than the game dont play it it is as simple as that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Double-Tap gets on my nerves from time to time, but overall it's awesome compared to what we had in v1.1

Best answers
I have a suggestion on how to fix the targetting: As is, pressing primary punch while just standing doesn't do anything... Not only is this counter-productive, it's also maddening. Why not use it for a targetting button when standing still?

I have problems with the double taps too, but my real beef is that I can't go down, and it's too damned difficult already just to get GOING, but even worse to try and switch directions.... And there aren't any diagonals :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ultimate 17 said:
I can understand that it would be nice to get around faster without being targeted to someone, but i personally think its easier to fight when you don't have both hands going crazy at once. I played one-handed pretty much in 1.0 and 1.1 with the exception of ki charging and the jump button-- all my controls were on my mouse. Now I gotta move with the arrows and manuvuer with the mouse. I liked the swoop toggling of 1.1 instead of having to hold the arrow down in 1.2. It would be cool if you could double tap your arrow key then let off to start ur swoop... after that if u want to change direction just hit any other direction. Hitting the same direction while in the swoop will stop the swoop. If you hit -> -> you would go right until the swoop time ends or you could tap -> again and your swoop stops manually.
Are you saying you are upset that you have to actually use both hands?

I can understand people wanting the "Hold button + direction" method as it would make the whole thing a lot more fast and responsive, but think of it like this: then you could swoop CONSTANTLY and without even really trying, and you would never get even a four second breather from being adv meleed all over the map. PLUS you'd never hit ANYONE with a beam EVER AGAIN, and if you play someone who hasn't had a lobotomy, he'll use the swoop button to avoid you and no one will ever get anywhere.

I think the biggest problem with the double-tap system is that everyone thinks you have to do it really quickly. It's actually a very slow, methodical two taps. Once I learned that, I can now use it with confidence and it doesn't "hurt my hand" like some other guy claimed it did earlier.

It's still a computer game, guys. This isn't an SNES--the team understands that encouraging the rapid smashing a keyboard is NOT a good idea...they always have, actually. Just look at their old stances on "rapidly click to powerstruggle/melee/whatever else" types of ideas.

I'd say if anything I like it how it is. It means that swooping takes TALENT and deliberate effort and attention.

Someone in here said the 1.1 system was best. I'm sorry, but only being able to attack one enemy at a time was boring compared to this version. I like the freedom, I like the fact that a skilled player actually has to be good at the game, and I like the fact that once you learn it, the double tap is pretty responsive compared to the old targeting system.

If you went up against a player who was using double taps versus you with lock on, you'd lose every time...cause I would swoop up, left, right, forward, etc...and you wouldn't even be able to GET a lock on me. And knowing that you have to turn every time, I'd just sideswoop out of the way every time you came near me and you'd miss.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i have problems with it time to time, but its only ever my fault because i dont press the keys right, I think its great ^_^ i really prefer the swooping now, because i can manuver much easier, also ive noticed how very few people use swoop well, not many strafe using it, or go backwards, or upward, but i find that its more useful doing that than teleporting now, i hardly ever teleport in 1.2, because its a waist of ki, i only ever use it for confusion. I love the swooping in 1.2, i dont think it should be changed at all.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to good at double tapping and then once you are you will teleport more. It just works hand in hand but it is so different than 1.1 how they work together so its hard to find it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol... when I only swoop I got for myself a small fix:
UP\DOWN\RIGHT\LEFT - arrow keys for camera
KYPADS 8,5,4,6 - for double tapping swooping
like BIND KP_UP "+foreward;+foreward"
something like that I think, thats when I only swoop and its really fun

and also use the normal keys for direction as in WASD

besides, you dont have to press the keys hard to break them or something
(CARTMAN:"you know something? you need a friend,
a <strike>chocolat</strike>keyboard friend!
the keyboard doesnt care if you press it hard and break it! it will still be your best friend" - lol)
anyway just double click it like you double click a mouse botton
no pressure, not too hard... be gentle with your keyboard and it will be back to you! }P-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom