i cant make a free for all server

Best answers
i mostly play offline with bots because i suck at this game too much to play with other people, but still love the game. anyways, whenever i go to create my own server, even though i have free fight or whatever its called selected, it still makes a team game. is there maybe some console command i can use to force the server to free for all?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
console command is mp_gamemode 0

than you nead to type restart in aswell

Best answers
i tried that and it didnt work :(

any other suggestions or reasons why it isnt working?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The command Grega posted should of worked... I know one version of the bots it forces the game to a team game even though you have Free for all selected. Do you have the latest version of ESF (1.2.3)?

Best answers
yeah i have version 1.2.3, also another thing i realized is it doesnt force "real teams" or whatever

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if this will work, but it can't hurt trying. Go into your ESF folder and open up the listenserver.cfg file. Just add the line mp_gamemode 0 at the bottom and save changes.

edit: If that didn't work, look in your ESF folder for file called game.cfg. If you do have a file in there called game.cfg, just delete the file and then go back into the game and type mp_gamemode 0 in console then change map. That should work.

Best answers
Sub said:
I'm not sure if this will work, but it can't hurt trying. Go into your ESF folder and open up the listenserver.cfg file. Just add the line mp_gamemode 0 at the bottom and save changes.

edit: If that didn't work, look in your ESF folder for file called game.cfg. If you do have a file in there called game.cfg, just delete the file and then go back into the game and type mp_gamemode 0 in console then change map. That should work.
the first one you listed worked, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread