Hp and beam suggestions.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
No i think the beams r good the way there r maybe to make the splash dmg lower but like greaga sayid the beam's r planet destroyesr and if your a good melee player then there will be no way you can get killd whita a beam tere is teleport, beam jumping , many things to douge a beam and if you do theath he will be draind of ki and you can esely kick his ass but if it's somene like me then your in trobule because i know melee :D ,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And ESF WILL NOT BE LIKE EVM IN EVM BEAM SPAMING IT'S LAME AND YOU DON'T NEED ANY SKILL'S BUT ESF IT'S ESF NOT EVM(JUNK)
Correction right now 2 teleports arnt enough to save you from splash damage let alone 1 as you said.

The splash damage would have to be decreased in size and capped at that size. Its true that beams were planet destroyers but they never blew up on command. They allways faded out.

Best answers
Hrmm I thought about this carefully and here is what i came up with..

When a beam hits an object other then player models it should have It's Normal explosion radius..

But for spam reducing purposes, when a beam is detonated it should have a much smaller splash damage radios. I mean comon lets face it when your ssj your kameha is really strong and it takes nearly no skill to hit anyone with a detonated kameha.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but beam jumps will help you and not only 2 teleports like 5 or 6

Force Pit Member
Best answers
john_volkov said:
but beam jumps will help you and not only 2 teleports like 5 or 6
Beam jump speed is going to be slower in 1.3.
Calling big beams finishing attacks isn't necessarily true. Yea they used beams to finish off opponents but after they were severely weakened. In esf, beams can kill opponents who have full hp or almost full hp. See the difference? Get the opponent weak and then kill him off with a beam. There's your finishing move.
TonyTheTiger123 said:
They also used beams frequently throughout the show to weaken their opponents, just like what melee is used for right now, not only as finishing moves.
TonyTheTiger123 said:
If beam damage was lowered..
-Ki blasts/generics would not take away so much hp when you hit the opponent into the ground and he is recovering.
-compared to melee, they take very little skill and yet do SO much damage.. why? Its bad for gameplay and it was not even like that in the show.
Basically all the characters from frieza and on had the power to destroy planets with their power. That doesn't mean it was always strong enough to kill the dbz character. Beams might be "raw energy" as you call them.. but these guys aren't regular people. They can withstand the blasts pretty well.
TonyTheTiger123 said:
Since there is no way to shield players from splash damage, I think blocking should shield all hp damage from beams that are detonated in the air.

That would help with blast radius issues, instead of having to decrease the size of them.
I dont think the size is the problem. There would still be easy instant kills in the game. If the damage was lowered by alot, you could still hurt multiple enemies but not kill them so easy.

It also would not get spammed so much because compared to melee, they would do about the same damage. That would turn beams into a weapon that is used best when you have an open opportunity and not be overpowered.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
John, I understand what you're saying, but don't call EVM junk....anyways, the beams are good as they are, but it's pretty frustrating to get blasted along with the rest of the map, what if the beam is coming straight at you, but you have no ki left, it takes a few seconds to regenerate to full ki, because all of you know that one teleport won't be enough too get out of the beam's radius...

So maybe make the radius smaller, but NOT for generic beams or just if the guy's pl is lower than the server average, you guys know how small those freakin stuff are, then ki blasts are the strongest attack o.- so maybe make the radius of that a bit bigger, but low damage.

Or maybe just make it, when a huge beam gets detonated in range with you, if you hold the block key then it blocks about 90% of the initial damage, but maybe say that it drains a bit of ki or something.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think the size is the problem. There would still be easy instant kills in the game. If the damage was lowered by alot, you could still hurt multiple enemies but not kill them so easy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
so if there will be 2 or 3 or 4 or 10 beam spamer you could kill a hole team ?
because i'v try whit al beam spamer detonating the hole map and LoL what will happend here ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK this is one of my old ideas. New players may say WTF about it but its balanced out.

There is a min and max splash damage.

The lower your PL the closer the splash radious is to the max area. The higher your PL the closer the splash radius is to the nim area.

Basicly the more power you have the smaller area you detonate.

This aint a bit realistic but it would:
-give people that join later in the game a small advantage
-beamspam would only be possible with lower PL levels but due to low PLs the beam wouldnt do to mutch damage.
-if a big PL would detonate a beam he would only blow up an area of about 1 teleport

Its balanced and it works but it may get people to go "WTF when im stronger my beam explosion radius is smaller."

And as for planetdestroyer cant kill a DBZ char. Than howcome cell had to evade Vegetas Final Flash. If he wouldnt evade hed die. Thats all there is to it.

The DBZ chars have the ability to use there KI as a shield in order to block the beam. But if they dont block it with that they die to.

My example. Cell fires a genball that would kill Vegeta (still not strong enough to destroy the planet). Youll say Vegeta was weakend at that time and its true. But Gohan wasnt. And his arm got hurt badly.

Also this is movie reference but still. Brolly movie 10. Btolly was nowhere near beeing weakend by melee and that huge Kamehameha wave killed him on site.

Want more ill find them.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you sayid this once grega but i think you you be invincibil at a normal pl I will not even go to SSJ just in mai normal form and i will kill a SSJ 2 or SSJ 3 hahaha lol

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
you sayid this once grega but i think you you be invincibil at a normal pl I will not even go to SSJ just in mai normal form and i will kill a SSJ 2 or SSJ 3 hahaha lol
You forgot a point. Youll hit more people in normal mode. But your PL will be weak. So you wont do mutch damage.

And if you get as strong in normal as a SSJ2 or 3 than your blast radius would be small. And if you transform after that your blast radius will be small but the others will have a bigger blast radius cause they will bea waker in PL.

The only problem is the fact that more power = less splash range. Wich is in reality imposible but since this is a game it would balance out teh pros and cons of beamspam VS melee fights. And it would also give people who join very late teh oportunity to gain PL faster untill tehy can transform and keep up with the SSJs in the server.

Best answers
I think the hp should be raised if the hitting is more like hitting em 9 times thats just *** but if they gonna do it they should increase the health by like 70 to each player or sumtin around there. IMO

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes the health will be increse but not theath much your SSJ form's will incresse your life , btw i think the normal forms need a big increse of life like you sayid gero (maybe they will add you in the nu esf)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And grega i think the explosion radius suld be smalar not what you sayid

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Dr.Gero-20 said:
I think the hp should be raised if the hitting is more like hitting em 9 times thats just *** but if they gonna do it they should increase the health by like 70 to each player or sumtin around there. IMO
An increase in hp is good for melee reasons but beam damage needs to be lowered to work together with it. If not, then that makes beams even more overpowered because they are the attacks that do the most damage.. with ease.

Best answers
Grega said:
You forgot a point. Youll hit more people in normal mode. But your PL will be weak. So you wont do mutch damage.

And if you get as strong in normal as a SSJ2 or 3 than your blast radius would be small. And if you transform after that your blast radius will be small but the others will have a bigger blast radius cause they will bea waker in PL.

The only problem is the fact that more power = less splash range. Wich is in reality imposible but since this is a game it would balance out teh pros and cons of beamspam VS melee fights. And it would also give people who join very late teh oportunity to gain PL faster untill tehy can transform and keep up with the SSJs in the server.
Here Check this out guys i think i got a better idea..

Ok listen up... All players should have a SET EXPLOSION range, so no matter how stronger the player gets The splash damage Range doesn't increase.
BUT what does increase is the Knock Back Range(KBR).
The Knock Back Range(KBR) Lets say you barely escape the explosion You'll still get hit with the KBR and your player will be knocked off balance and will most likely be knocked into a wall or floor to take damage depending On how close you are to the beam when it exploads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom