HOWing, what's your take?

What is your take on HOWing?

• HOWing is for newbies only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOWing should be widely accepted.

• HOWing should be done only in moderation.

• Total voters
Best answers
Another way to think of howing is it doesnt matter. The only time it should be used carefully is when its for an important match, i.e. tourny, or clan match.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
h0wing is just one of the many ways you can stike a blow, people dont like it because its "cheap"

the reason its called that is because it involves less skill, but with every up, theres a down, h0wing leaves its advantages, like there rear and so on

i dont call lame because it dosnt take skill, if your retarded enough to fly head on into someone who has been powering up longer, more the fool you, h0wing is barly a problem, if you have to play the damm standing quet game, hurl a few ki blasts to make him think theres a chance, then make your move, but as long as a game is still beta, there will be at least one bug people will exploit, no matter how small, i wonder what 1.2's is gonna be ^_^

Best answers
Well, i think HOWing is just a word used as an excuse. There isn't a real way to play the game. Everybody (well almost) plays the game by there own means. Like me, though i'd luv to just disk everybody with Krillin like i did in 1.0, people say its cheap. If disking is cheap, what is the point and having it in the game? Also this goes for melee too. I get complants from people that I'm cheap and i dont know how to melee. When i'm low of ki, i swoop and into or behind something then start recharging. Then when i'm done or the person sees me, i go ahead and rush at him/her. There is no real way to melee, beam, or play the game itself. There are rules to limit the ways a person can play, so i dont see any problem, do you? The words "cheap", "HOWing", or saying your a newb because you killed him and he didn't accept the way you did it, are plainly excuses. There's ALWAYS things you can do to get around your situation. Like me, if i have under 10 life, i try to kamikazi (beam someone at point blank) and hope that i kill him/her in the process of dieing, is that what you call cheap?
**In anycase, everybody plays differently. If you dont accept the way that person plays, dont complain about it, and find a way to get around it.**
I think i'm missing something, but i thought to hard on what i was missing and lost my place :\ . I'll have to get back to that...
(CRAP, i thought i made this short ;( )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i consider HOWing an exploit, you come across at least 1 HOWer in every server you go to. I used to how before i realized that it was pretty unfair and unhonorable. Since then i've stopped completley. I agree with Bio, it does sadden me when people start boasting about their skill ussually with the line " i pwn!". then you watch them just wait and swoop after their enemy does. There is no skill in it, and if it's the only thing that a player can do to win in melee, then he/she is without skill :/. there are poeple that do it every now and then, or do it without realizing, and that isn't as bad. But all in all, i think it's a poor way of fighting. forget that, it's not even fighting in my opinion. It's not that hard to get around, but it's still annoying. :\

Best answers
As I am the one that actually created the term, I think I should know the definition, eh?

HOW is basically what whoever coined LSM as. It's annoying to sit there and fight someone who does nothing but try to line up head ons, no matter the situation they try to do it, from noobish to advanced. I personally never had a solution for changing how head ons are to be handled, but I know that it annoyed me to no end in that it took out the skill of the game. Changing head ons from being decided from an uncontrollable situation to a controllable one sways the balance of melee so radically that it's not even funny. Since I came up with the term, I've gotten better at getting around it, but it's the fact that it exists is what makes me mad. Moves like that take skill away from the game, and makes it that much more pointless to actually get or have skill. Should a person who can charge ki and sit there for a head on be rewarded moreso than someone who teleports around to get in position, loops around them to the fake them out would? 1.2 will fix it all, so it doesn't really matter any more, but to me anyone who uses the head on tactic as part of their main strategy, as however complex it might be, is not a good player.

1.2, where are you.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I totally agree with Halorin. It's not really the part when all they do is HOW that get's to me, It get's to me when I am fighting a total n00b who HOW's to no end then if he kill's you call's you a n00b. That greatly anger's me because they think that by them HOWing they are the best player's. It pisses me off just talking about it, when it happen's to leet player's it's like a slap in the face, it make's you feel like you can't do **** because these HOWer's have no skill.

THe day HOWing is gone is the day us leet player's will dominate over ESF again...which I see coming very soon, so ALL of you HOWer's and HOWing alike better get ready because once HOWing is no more me, Halorin, GMan, Bi0 Brolli, SSJ Panther, -|DS|-Kakarotto, grOOvy, -]IoD[-Darkside, Optional, ForeverZero, Majin Saiya-Jin and all the other leet ESF player's will be on your ass and will make you regret ever HOWing us. Peace!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me either :cry: :cry:

but he did setup a nice ass forum for my clan, greeeeeeat job on that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EviLCHiMP said:
THe day HOWing is gone is the day us leet player's will dominate over ESF again...which I see coming very soon, so ALL of you HOWer's and HOWing alike better get ready because once HOWing is no more me, Halorin, GMan, Bi0 Brolli, SSJ Panther, -|DS|-Kakarotto, grOOvy, -]IoD[-Darkside, Optional, ForeverZero, Majin Saiya-Jin and all the other leet ESF player's will be on your ass and will make you regret ever HOWing us. Peace!
*Clears throat* Me also. :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yes, cell is quite a good esf player. And i agree, 1.2 will come out and all the n00bs will think they got "rusty"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UltraPerfectCel said:
*Clears throat* Me also. :rolleyes:

Ehehe.. when HOWing is gone I think you would recieve a downgrade, Cell. :tired:

Nah, I'm playin.

Or am I?

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNN

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan said:
Ehehe.. when HOWing is gone I think you would recieve a downgrade, Cell. :tired:

Nah, I'm playin.

Or am I?

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNN
I would doubt a downgrade, more like an upgrade atleast. I dont how and if I do its maybe once a round because Im recharging and you catch me off gaurd, :/.

You how once and awhile.

Nah, I'm playin.

Or am I?

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNN

Best answers
HOWing is a topic that really pisses me of about ESF. why was it put on? people don't like it!!

i dont really understand what HOWing really is...i swoop around and hit, but sometimes i hit head-on, BUT i dont go on a straight line. i teleport around, and sometimes, once in awhile, i get a chance to hit them right in front of their face, i do it cuz i know i am going to win, but i dont if i know i am going to lose.

against newbies, i HOW ALOT, cz its the easiest and fastest way to win against them most of the time. against more advanced players, i swoop around. but i dont like swooping! it usually takes way too long to kill someone.

but there are some swoopers who kills me really fast. we fly past each other, and then some how, the guy is able to hit me from the back, and i start flying the direction that i was swooping. i dont get how people are able to do that, their sensitivty must be really high.

i go HOW against HOWers, and a mix of swooping and HOWing against swoopers. but i dont HOW as much against swoopers, and i am always teleporting around.

i think that HOWing should be acceptable, BUT something really needs to be done about it.

Best answers
Pfft.. if you think about it, ANYTHING can be considered cheap. I dont know why people even think like this but I find it pathetic. You use your own custom binds and its considered scripting hacks followed with an aimbot comment.
If you always do head ons its considered cheap cuz.. well... its head on? lol
The only thing that really annoys me in this mod is the whiners, accusers and those who turtle(waits for you to strike 1st and then swoops right after you which would end up giving them the win most times).
Also I get accused of aimbotting cuz i happen to see players in the field of view where they still have little markers visible, that and I have a good card and fps. WIth that said... oh and I forgot to say how big the hitboxes are. So anyways it is concluded that you(me in this case) is using aimhack.

Anyways enough of that.. as far as head on whoring goes im up for it. If my opponent cant find a way around it then its his own damn fault. Same goes with my half to full circle center teleport binds ;) Some of you seen me do it. Some found ways to counter while some just linger in the center and get smacked around and then accuses me of hacking.
EVerything can be countered if its legit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG U SIT IN A CORNER AND BIG BANG ME, YOU BIG BANG WHORE, LETS ALL ***** AT THE GUY THAT USES SOMETHING PUT INTO THE GAME TO BEAT THE OTHER PEOPLE, CUZ ITS SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!

*please note, sarcasm here is thick enough to cut with a knife*

Best answers
Personally i find if ur a nice person u play nice.
To put it simple you dont attack lame style you play for fun not to win if you dont wait only and dont attack i mean its a game ppl you have to play normal if you want fun and not making it I MUST WIN contest and then calling ppl a HOW or beam spammer.

I never spam never play lame always try to have a good duell (preferrable 1v1).

I we al played like this then nobody would complain about it.

Simple line but says it all: A game is ment to be fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just wants ta say....
HOWing is head on whoring/abusing the ki system..

no matter what you can still head on whore on any one of the new melee systems.. you just wont have an automatic hit. but i mean that what everyone praises for... there will still be something as cheap... cheapness comes with change change is caused by cheapness.. its a ruthless circle.. you need to play both sides

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
howing is ok when you use it sometimes..... when you have a total hower its verry annoying when he runs away you do a long swoop and then he hows so when u do short swoop and then attack again they run away again i TOTALLY hate this

Best answers
those kind of HOWers are annoying, but what i really hate is the HOWers that base their whole fighting style on HOWing so they pull off fancy HOWing moves on you.. grrr *shakes fist*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom