HOWing, what's your take?

What is your take on HOWing?

• HOWing is for newbies only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOWing should be widely accepted.

• HOWing should be done only in moderation.

• Total voters
Best answers
Hes not asking you to agree with it, he says he terminated the HOW term. He basically made up the term, and I believe he has all right to destroy it as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always try to charge my ki up.. yet there are exeptions.. If I think its more rewardable to continue the attack I will..

But I sure hell am not planning on running low on ki in melee.. :D

Best answers
I'm a newb...can someone tell me wtf "howing" is all the information i got was : Head on whores?

Best answers
If you don't get the entire topic, don't post here. Just READ all of what is posted here, people even explain it with the detail. HOW is declared death, so don't use it.

If you've read it all and still don't get it? Leave this thread alone and search for something else you DO understand.

Best answers
Now now Lynxy, that last comment

Lynxy said:
If you've read it all and still don't get it? Leave this thread alone and search for something else you DO understand.
was uncalled for. Being as you're from a European country, I would expect you might be tolerant of people who sometimes don't understand.

As much as he was at fault, there was no need to get nasty.

Best answers
He SHOULDN'T be posting here if he doesn't get the darn clue. Reading does miracles you know? Instead of reading the last reply and not understanding a term, read everything for a change.

Even if your a noob, should you act stupid and just save yourself an effort to read? I think not, instead he should read EVERYTHING, then ask.
-Lynx-

Best answers
Oh, you're quite right, Lynx.

But there's no need to be nasty about it.

Best answers
I'm not getting nasty, you take it as if I am. If you imagine a little smiley in there, it's nice and lovely all of the sudden. Anyway read it as you please, as long as the point gets through you.
-Lynx-

Best answers
lynx is right, he should have just searched this whole entire thread. The answer lies there.

Best answers
YES I, realise HE WAS AT FAULT. He SHOULD HAVE READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

But this line
"If you've read it all and still don't get it? Leave this thread alone and search for something else you DO understand."
is simply insulting and over the top. Sorry, I just don't like *******s, no matter where I find them.

Best answers
It's not over the top unless your stupid and read it like that. And if you don't like it, don't reply at all. I'm a concrete person, I don't want to speak fancy or anything. It's yes or no, not something inbetween.

He was at fault, as we know. Don't get all emotional/sentimental and cry a river for it, instead build a bridge and get over it.

[PS: What your doing is insulting, you might want to read more carefully.]
-Lynx-

Best answers
Just remember that next time you need something from someone Lynx, and they instead slap you down unnecessarily.

I'm finished.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A wise person told me that he wishes this thread should never have existed, and I couldn't agree with him more.

As for this commotion:

@Bihal: You were the first to post an off-topic post and disrupted the chain of 'on-topic' posts and led to this. So here's a friendly reminder not to waver off-topic again. What you should have done is PM a mod about Lynx's attitude or PM him directly.

@Lynx: I can understand your point and I agree that he should have read the actual thread's contents completely before asking the most obvious question... but I also agree that your last sentence in that post was a bit harsh. Therefore, please be more considerate over people who are not that well versed with forum ethiquates.

---

Coming back to the topic, my god - you can write a 10 page thesis on HOW'ing with all of this. I think everyone has had a healthy (or unhealthy) enough discussion on this, so my personal opinion - no point in dragging this on and on.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed, grOOvy, this is just taking too many twists, turns, etc. plus it's causing off-topic posts (spam), flaming, debates that are simply too heated for a supportive community. The concern of HOW-ing is simply temporary, at any rate, since 1.2 won't have the same melee system. For now, yes, people can be concerned, but this argument has gone on long enough to spawn too many mini-debates and flames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom