How to make shortcut for the games from Steam

Best answers
I formated my computer and i lost my shortcuts of all games in Steam.So now for example how can I make HF2 shortcut on my desktop?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure you just right click on whatever game it is in the Games section of Steam, then create a desktop shortcut there. I could be wrong though, I don't care about desktop shortcuts for Steam.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Open up Steam and go to your "My games" tab. Right-click on the game you want a desktop shortcut for and select "Create desktop shortcut".

Edit

Delta beat me to it.

Best answers
Ok thanks for that.Now how can i make Counter Strike 1.6 "direct" shortcut.I mean to open CS direct.Now i have to open Half Life first and then to make Change Game to play CS.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MinioN said:
Ok thanks for that.Now how can i make Counter Strike 1.6 "direct" shortcut.I mean to open CS direct.Now i have to open Half Life first and then to make Change Game to play CS.
Wait, what? You shouldn't have to do that if you're using Steam. You should be able to launch CS from the games list directly...

Best answers
It doesn't.I can't launch CS directly.The only shortcut in "My games" list is launching Half Life.Where i have HF installed there is "cstrike" folder witch is the mod(Counter Strike) and inside of him there is no exe for launching CS.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...It doesn't even recognize it as a third-party game? That doesn't make any sense. Sounds like you completely buggered the installation.

Best answers
Look Delta.It was same before.But the shortcut had something in "Target: blablabla"(When you press right-click > properties on the CS shortcut).I think it was something like this: Target: "blablabla/half life/hl.exe" -nomaster -game cstrike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom