How much can you benchpress?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 29, 5'8", 260lbs, and I bench 300 (last time I checked with a good spotter) I can easily rep 250 20 times for 3 sets with a small break between each for stretching and cool down. I can military press 180 with little problems, 10 reps for 3 sets. I'm not sure what my leg press ability is, as I have not yet met a legpress machine that can stop even one of my legs from doing 3 sets of 30 reps. (You heard that right, 3 sets of 30 with the pin all the way down on one leg.) Sadly, I can't support that weight up top, so I can never truly test my leg strength. My weight is very high because of my solid build, much of it comes from my legs.

Best answers
see the problem with that is that it is a universal...when i do leg press i do vertical incline which uses gravity to further intensify the weight...that way you get more feel to it since you are going up instead of outward...I have been working on my dead left recently...I almost hit 300 pounds clean and jerk...still a pain in the ass to do...and for the 250 30 times or what not...nice job..i did 225 45 times for football, broke the record in my school and LI so i was quite happy...i think someone broke it recently with 50...bastard

Best answers
How mutch is a pound on kilos?
A year a go i lifted 50kg 10 times in a row without mutch effort.

Best answers
50 kilos = 110.2 pounds

so i squatted around 320 kilos

benched 170 kilos

and leg pressed

590 kilos

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Man...that's more than half a ton...That'll show the pussies that think kicking in a fight is lame.

@Mad_AxMan: What kind of workout would you recommend to increase upper body strength? I know push up work, but how many in how much tiem for how long and stuff. I'm pretty fast, I just need to increase arm strength.
Well im not lee but i can tell you that you sould do 28 push ups ... then after 1-2 hours do it again... do it like always when you got free time ;) i should do that too.. but well i prefer training my sixpack again... i had such a nice sixpack befor my bad 3 months of pain :-\

<_< Lee... you think i´m tiny?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. I´m 14
2. My dad is like 1,90 m
<_< ... might my face look like im tiny and cute ;P but im not small believe me ;) im like the tallest in my class over all classes in my grade (instead of some weak tall ones)

fact is... tryforce is not tiny ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being tall doesnt make you any less tiny :p

im taller than your dad :p

and im broader, stockier, just... bigger. like i said, hight doesnt = size, in fact, being tall and thin is worse than being tiny =/

Tripp

T
Ha. I'm so going to take some advices I found on here. ;)

Oh and I forgot who said it but I'm 19 and I weigh 138lbs.. I'm underweight I think. ;)

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
50 kilos = 110.2 pounds

so i squatted around 320 kilos

benched 170 kilos

and leg pressed

590 kilos
I dont belive it. Either you got your math wrong ore you are a searios power house.

500 kg = 0,5 tons
So you leg pressed abaut half a car?
If this is true then you should compeet for the titel of "The Worlds strongest man" and you could win.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Corefinder said:
I dont belive it. Either you got your math wrong ore you are a searios power house.

500 kg = 0,5 tons
So you leg pressed abaut half a car?
If this is true then you should compeet for the titel of "The Worlds strongest man" and you could win.
Have you seen the pics of Saru? He's a huge wrestler.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
huge, being a huge understatement...

Best answers
I feel weak too... Last time I did the like 90 or it was like 98 or something bench press was three months ago and i'd never worked out before then. I'v grown about 2 inches since then too. I'm 14 and I'm 5 foot 10 inches maybe like 5"9' and 3/4... I weight like 180-190... I'm built pretty big though.

Best answers
well from now on every time i walk in to my room im gonna do 10 push ups and every hr after 7pm till 10pm im gonna do 50 push ups...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i meant how many pushups you can do :p
I used to work out alot. Just home stuff. Hmm... 4 sets of 20 pushups (the slow kind, not the 12345678910...20 DONE... More like, 1 2 3 4 5.... the real kind that hurts) I didn't see much improvement, but I felt it in my chest. I stopped cause I got lazy. :p I also did situps/crunches, but I think I was doing them wrong, so I stopped. Anybody got tips on the right way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom