How much can you benchpress?

Best answers
hmm i dont really know about pounds so ill say mine in kg
bench:120kg 5 reps if im really energetic or showing off but i stick around the70-80kg mark
weight:105kg
height: not sure..notacably taller than my mates though not by much
can anyone convert that to pounds for me?

EDIT: i forgot to mention on days i cant go to a gym i do 80 pushups morning and night.
(i dont know if this is correct but i heard doing stuff like pushups just before sleeping helps the muscle develop during your sleep making it slightly more effective can anyone let me know bout this?)

Best answers
I have also heard that and i believe it, when you work out right before bed it allows the muscles not to be disrupted while they rebuild themselves. If you work out after you sleep you still have all day for your muscles to be disrupted during the rebuilding effort. Sorry if this doesnt make sense but thats how i think it works.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, good luck sleeping while your body is full of adrenaline.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh i can partially understand the science behind that theory, but then again, like opti said, good luck actually sleeping :p

why not have your morning workout, then rest for like, and hour or something?

Best answers
You are right. Your muscles grow better while asleep.
(Sleeping shouldnt be a problem, hasnt been for me)

--To those ho suggested that to do 10 push ups every hour.--
Thanks. Im doing 20 pushups every hour of my freetime. In addition to my old "programm" 40 pushups
bewore i go to bed. It has better effect than i expected.
I have done this for 4 days ore was it 5 days and my strenght is growing
signifficantly more than it use to.
(sorry for bad english)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont you think you should spend more time studying english than doing pushups? if you read a chapter of an english book every hour, your english would be much better.

(that wasnt a dig by the way, just a suggestion).

oh, and your muscles will go into distrophy in about 6 months with your current workout :yes:

Best answers
I'm 18 and I bench 105 kg.

I have no clue how much LBS/Pounds that is.

Best answers
That sleeping thing i saw it from some science movie on tv.
(what is distrophy)
If you mean that my training is intence then it isnt but it should be more than now.

But so what if my english is bad. I understrand most of stuff but dont nearly use it eny plase but this foorum.

1kg ~ 2 pounds (if im correct)

Best answers
Graive said:
hmm i dont really know about pounds so ill say mine in kg
bench:120kg 5 reps if im really energetic or showing off but i stick around the70-80kg mark
weight:105kg
height: not sure..notacably taller than my mates though not by much
can anyone convert that to pounds for me?

EDIT: i forgot to mention on days i cant go to a gym i do 80 pushups morning and night.
(i dont know if this is correct but i heard doing stuff like pushups just before sleeping helps the muscle develop during your sleep making it slightly more effective can anyone let me know bout this?)

By the way, what bull**** is this?
Your 16 and you can bench 120KG? What the hell? Did you get born mutated?

I've been working out for 3 years, and I can barely push 105kg more then 3-4 times , and here you come telling me your a 16 year old benching 120 kg?
Post a picture of yourself doing so please, because I think its the highest bull**** I've ever read on any forum, almost.

Also, I've been following a workout plan all the time I've been training, so unless you really eat protein stuff along with other musclemass savings, along with hard workout several times a week, that's not possible. Not to mention you _16_ and doing 120 bench 5 times? That just literally takes the breath away ;x.

The possibility of what you wrote there is _very_ slim.
I mean sure, in theory you CAN be 16 years old and bench that, but then you have to have a body of a solid construct.
My coach is 24 years old, and has been training for over 10 years, literally a musclemonster. I Have seen him bench 150kg 2 times, never more.

You want to tell me your secret? I'd really like to know.

EDIT: And a man benching that much should have alot of knowledge on how muscles work.
And yes, I'll explain. Everyone who is doing bodybuilding require 8 hours of sleep daily, mostly. This is because of the development yes. The same goes for any kind of exercise you do before going to sleep. As long as you push it a bit til it hurts, maybe several times or so, you have a __SLIGHT__ efficiency when you sleep. And that efficiency developes better if you sleep rather then staying awake, that's true too.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its bad to exercise within 4 hours of when you sleep.

Max: 180 lbs.

I stopped benching and started to train in Martial Arts again. The only time I use my bench is when I need to work on the endurance in my arms and legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom