How much can you benchpress?

Best answers
holy **** saru, god thats insaine, 1300 pounds on leg press? Crap man. I feel like a pussy now, i can only bench my own body weight.

Wolf Devil - you are only 17?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Legs = 4 times stronger than arms ;) so while yes, that is actually a lot, its also comparitive to his upper body strength.

in short... Sarutobi, if i ever got in a fight with you, id grab you by the nuts and twist D:

anyway, wolf devil, why do you have to go to a gym? just use your own body weight o_O thats all you need.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
20 years old

Weight: 350
Bench: 375
Leg press: 1300 pounds
Squat: 700 pounds ((2 reps))
Strong ass mother ****er....

Man, I really gotta stop reading this thread. I'm starting to feel weak.... REALLY weak... :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
20 years old

Man...that's more than half a ton...That'll show the pussies that think kicking in a fight is lame.

@Mad_AxMan: What kind of workout would you recommend to increase upper body strength? I know push up work, but how many in how much tiem for how long and stuff. I'm pretty fast, I just need to increase arm strength.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your just using your own body weight?

id need to know how much you can comfortably do as a maximum first.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Machines dont hurt either o_O. They work out certain muscle groups which is great cause certain exercises where you need to use your own body weight suck ass. For example, doing hand-stand pushups. I can do 20 and then I dont feel like exercising my upper body for the rest of the day. With machines, you can do just your arms or just your chest, etc.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
Legs = 4 times stronger than arms ;) so while yes, that is actually a lot, its also comparitive to his upper body strength.

in short... Sarutobi, if i ever got in a fight with you, id grab you by the nuts and twist D:

anyway, wolf devil, why do you have to go to a gym? just use your own body weight o_O thats all you need.
I'm with Gir on the nut twisting! You take him from the front, I'll reach between his legs from behind...

Why gym: for starters to get a better idea of what I can do at the moment... Not so much for increasing my current capacity, but for better understanding what my capacity is at right now. A gym that changes weight per excercise (121 lbs bench = 86 lbs leg press) is not very affective...

@ Walmart: As of August 26th, yes (I'm still upset noone made me a thread..)... this is a surprise?

@ Kain: Right with ya, kiddo...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
problem with resistance machines though, is that your only exercising a specific group, a specific way, you dont have the freedom of movement you do with freeweights or bodyweight.

also, you have to pay for gym membership, bodyweight is free ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
if your just using your own body weight?

id need to know how much you can comfortably do as a maximum first.

Well if it's own body weight, its 150 lbs, if that what you mean.

And Zeonix, yeah I've used machines tha work out specific parts of the body, but I really don't have a local gym except for the one in my school, which I use anytime I get the chance. I just regarded push-up since they are simple enough and actually do something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i meant how many pushups you can do :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After breaking my neck, my left arm got all weak and its been really hard to bench press and do chin ups. Push ups are breeze for me (can do about 30 per set). Bench press i can do 25 pounds on each side, using a olympic benchpressing bar. Don't know how much weight that is but I can almost to 8 reps of 3 sets. Only thing holding me back is my left arm. It gives out before my right arm is even tired.

Advice to everyone, Don't break your neck.

Oh, 5'10 145 lbs. I'm suppose to be 160 to 170 pounds and Im way under.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i meant how many pushups you can do :p

I can do about 20 without having to take a small break.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
20 years old

More cushion for the pushin' baby. ;)

As for everyone else. I feel so weak :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I can do about 20 without having to take a small break.

ok, sounds good for a start.

before you do ANY exercise, warm up properly, and not just your arms, you wanna warm up your whole upper body. stretch down a lot. im sure you can remember stretches from gym class that you can use.

and remember to stretch down AFTERWARD as well!

anyway. do 20 pushups. then take a 2 minute rest, then do 25, take a 5 minute rest, then do 20 more, and thats your lot. 3 sets is enough. if you feel up to it, do as many pullups as you can on a tree branch, between 3-10 is fine, dont try to over do yourself.

what i like to do, is do a set of pushups (20), then do a set of situps (30) then do the next set of pushups (25), then the next set of situps (40), then the last sets, which are 20, and 30 respectively.

then on sunday, i dont do sets, i either do training without the backpack, and time myself, see how many i can do in 2 minutes, or just do a lot, with the weights, and then break that record the following sunday.

ive found that gives me good results but itll be different for everyone.

im sure sarutobi will agree as well, Diet plays a huge role in muscle build, you want to eat a lot of complext carbohydrates, like oats, bread, banana's etc. which will give you energy. and also lots of protiens. Tuna is almust pure protien, red meat is great too. and so are eggs (as long as they arent fried, fried eggs = cholesterol).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, well you sure didn't miss anything, thanks for the accurate tips.

I think my diet is pretty good for something like this, when regarding protein.

Now if I followed your work out plan you gave me, I did that for 5-7 days a week, probably incresing the amount as I go, how long woud you estimate it would take for me to start noticing a difference?

Best answers
yea mad max i read up the thread a bit i wanna know my evaluation

Ontopic: last time i benched i was 11 and less then 90 lbs and could do 70lbs for 2sets of 10 reps... now im 13 and 100lbs... dunno how much i can do now. and im 5'4

i can do around 40-50 push ups comfortably around 20-25 long push ups confortably. and i can do 6 pull ups. so how should i improve upper body strenght and prehaps my speed... i can jog about for 8 mins comfortably.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be honest bioball, before your 16, benching and looking for whether your growing "accurately" is stupid, because your natural growth will distort it somewhat.

Chakra, ill be blunt, i dont know how to notice the difference, i noticed after about 2 weeks, that doing the same amount wasnt making me strain anymore, so i added more to it, but thats the only real way to tell. when your ready to add more, youve obviously improved.

something to bear in mind, you should work muscle groups in pairs, so as well as doing pushups, you should do inclined pullups. which look like this:

basically, the pushups will exercise your pectorals, biceps, and deltoids. the inclined pullups, which are done, by laying down, and pulling yourself up to the bar which is arms distance away (basically a backward push up) will exercise your tricep, and rhomboids, along with your trapezius (upper back).

Best answers
ah ic... a quik question... sum times when im doing pushups my abs feel like they are gettin worked out too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why wouldnt they? look at the position your body is in, and what you have to do to keep it in that position, your body is completely straight, when if your muscles were relaxed, your belly would dip down and your back would arch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom