How long wil 1.2 mele fites generly be??

Best answers
I personally think it will take with all the combo's....it might be me but the new melee system looks E Cer to block so i would think longer, but we still have to wait and see what the outcome will be

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It all depends what your going to do. You still have the option of using a smash (beta 1.1 melee) but it does less damage. If you enter into an advanced melee fight you might be looking at 10-30 seconds. It all depends on how much people retaliate and how many moves they queue up.

Sound Artist
Best answers
If two people block every move it could go on forever. Every move missed takes away time, it goes back and forth. That and if your last hit is a strong attack and they miss THAT one. It will power blast your opponent away.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like masta said, it all depends. DT and myself had a single melee fight going on for about 7-10 minutes. The cvar "am_maxextanges" stores how many times fighters can go back and forth before it breaks the fight automatically. It's set to 6 by default, I usually set it to some rediculous value like 200 when DT joins my server.
One reason the melee fights are longer now is because of the new block hud that was implemented. Attacks are queued up on the blockers end differently then before and they actually change color if you block/miss that direction. If you're good you can literally go 5 minutes with both guys landing a total of 3 or 4 punches.
Before you ask, yes, that is bad :p We're planning on increasing the difficulty of blocking by adding some (slight) random elements and other small tweaks. If you guys have suggestions about the block system though, feel free to suggest. We may have overlooked a thing or two, expecially since we've been working on this system for 3/4ths of a year now.
On a positive note, we can use this new blocking hud to our advantage by increasing the overall speed of advanced melee.

Best answers
are the blocking icons still those fading fists? they seem a lil out of place to me. maybe have something small and less intrusive show up.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't want something small and less intrusive to show up in the middle of a battle. You need to see and hit those combonations first and look at the pretty combat animations later.

Anyway I'd suggest some kind of small miss=stun system where if you screw up and hit the wrong key you get a very short delay before you can continue the sequence and try to block the rest of the attacks. I'd have it vary depending on the strength of the hit you failed to block. If you fail to block a weak attack there's no reason to create a stun because it isn't all that significant, but if you miss a medium hit we'll say, it should take you a small amount of time to recover, which would take away from the total amount of time you have to block before you start getting wailed on. Same with a big hit, only longer. On the show whenever somebody got hit hard they were stunned long enough to get smacked around with some weak hits (or weak-er if it was a huge hit). That way it might still take forever to get hit but at least if you land a solid blow it'll count more and maybe throw your opponent off of his key-smashing rhythm (sp?). Just a thought.

Best answers
im not saying that you dont need to see what youre blocking. im just saying that those "flying fists of fury" look a lil out of place thats all.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But when you're in melee battle, you really aren't focusing on any but your opponent. So the fading fists really arent that bad.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster, I like the idea but as it stands it's next to impossible to hit a skilled player :p If you cant hit him, the extra stun time for hits are useless. I think I might implement it though, I'll talk it over with mastasurf.
And with the fading fist, we're going to get new sprites but it actually doesnt look that bad in the new hud design.

Best answers
wousen't 7-10 get a but dul o_O,specily since theyel be alot of beemers waiten 2 finish off te winer :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
wousen't 7-10 get a but dul o_O,specily since theyel be alot of beemers waiten 2 finish off te winer :p
Had to read that like 4 times before I understood it -_-
Players in a advanced battle cannot be harmed.. Also when the battle ends a huge shockwave is sent out that knocks back all incomming players and beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you could also do the harder the hit that was missed, the longer they will be stunned.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS: Greatness.. Joe surprised me a number of times on his Melee system.. it had things that was just like.. whoa!! SWEETNESS!! :D

so... hehehe.. I wonder when we'll make a public video to show you what we mean?

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah DarktoothDKD, can you guys please make a video of all the ingame effects that have been added. Also, PCJoe is possible for you guys to post a picture of the new block hud? Pretty Please !!!!!!! I beg of you! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: , I have no more tears O_O !!!!

Best answers
Yea that would be cool, all this new stuff is makin me antsy to play it!

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Had to read that like 4 times before I understood it -_-
Players in a advanced battle cannot be harmed.. Also when the battle ends a huge shockwave is sent out that knocks back all incomming players and beams.
:p dint read te messige over just typed,then exited itnernet exploer -_-', i like te shockwave though,it sounds like if don rite can fry alota ppls :D

Best answers
Is this going to "slow down" ESF, since you guys say that it is designed to be a fast paced game?

Discord Member
Best answers
ssjFajita said:
Is this going to "slow down" ESF, since you guys say that it is designed to be a fast paced game?

The horse is dead man...leave it be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom