Hosting ESF on Cable w/ Linksys

Best answers
I'm currently on a linksys router and in ESF I always host, but nobody joins (for the past few months). On BYOND, I set my port that is open, and people can join my game, but on Half-Life, I didn't see an option to set a port when hosting. If you know how, please let me know.

Best answers
hl port is 27015, the client port is 27010. Change your router settings to forward those ports to you. Also you can change the port with HLDS (which makes a dedicated server) by putting "-port xxxx" in the command line. I'm not sure if that is the real command though.

Best answers
Most Linksys routers have built in firewalls, try disabling the fw. My router's firewall is the reason I can't start games on Battle.Net, never tried it on HL tho.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xavior Trikiri, please don't spam, it's a waste of your's and others' time.

Best answers
Excuse me? That is not spam, it is a question to Abe Froman. So don't come telling me i'm spamming. Trust me, it is not wasting my time at all. Ok, thanks goodbye.

Best answers
All i can say is ROFLMFAO, don't go there Xavior.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Xavior Trikiri
Excuse me? That is not spam, it is a question to Abe Froman. So don't come telling me i'm spamming. Trust me, it is not wasting my time at all. Ok, thanks goodbye.
Ah, I wasn't aware that the Sausage King of Chicago was directly related to LinkSys routers. What I mean by spam is that you aren't adhereing to the topic...unless I'm horribly mistaken and the Sausage King of Chicago has everything to do with routers, I would strongly recommend you stay on topic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok...I had this same problem. You have to get the latest version of HLDS, then copy your esf folder into there. The newest HLDS bypasses the modem problem, if you have the right ports forwarded. It worked really well for me too...I have cable and a linksys and the newest HLDS was the ONLY WAY I could get it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom