Hiding your True Power!!!!!

Best answers
In the show characters will often hide their true power level until they get into a really big fight. I was thinking of there being a secondary powerup function that could raise or lower your powerlevel. While this does seem useless.... A cool option could be:

EXP: Your "True" powerlevel is 1,500,000 and you see a guy who you want to fight who is at 800,000. Normally you wouldn't gain that much power from fighting him with a powerlevel of 1,500,000, but you could lower your powerlevel to 800,000, fight the guy, and go up to 1,000,000 during the fight. Since you gained 200,000 during that fight when you power back up you would be at 1,700,000. This would add a cool DBZ aspect to the show and help people with permanent tranformations gain power. They could lower their powerlevel so when they fight they won't lose that much power and they will still gain a lot. And it would be funny to see the look on someones face to go from 800,000 to 5,000,000 when they fight you :laff:

Best answers
T :] hat would be great like when ur fighting someone with vegeta and you got him to 2.000.000 you lower ur power level too 800.000 and while ur fighting u slowly raise ur power level it would totally surprise the guy ur fighting :laff:

Best answers
you see only 1 thing about the lowering power level about to kill the guy ... you should be able to gain pl depending on your max pl cause that would just suck getting 20mil in one victory against a guy who is at 999mil other than tht part idea could work..ppl would abuse this when helping out a friend or sometihng by letting themselves be killed

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's see, this must be the 40th thread about this, next time use the search button. I like the idea though, but none of the mods ever paid interest to it.

Best answers
Its not that bad ... yea I mean at least this idea is a bit different from the other 40+ threads steel is talking about

The others all/most say "hiding your PL" as in droping your PL to 5 so you cant be detected and since ESF is a fast paced game thats a big no no

I think every character should be able to drop his PL to his starting PL ... but it should be gradualy ... not instant :p

Best answers
instant would be bad because you could powerdown to your lowest right before a kill and get 1337 pl O-o

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thinking! Now i really like the idea, i'm sure Nretep will read this, he's really active in the suggestions forum nowadays.

Best answers
Maybe it should lower to the starting PL, and gradually power back up, but once you descend to starting PL, you cant regain your regular PL until you die/until you regain the PL. Sound good?

Best answers
Wow so many replies! I don't like the idea of raising or lowering your powerlevel just to make it realistic to the sho or to hide yourself. I prefer doing it so that I can still gain power when I transform. I was mystic Krilling for once and I got knocked back down to 2,000,000 in 3 kills. It is for people that who choose those permanent transformation characters that will like this idea. The main problem is deciding how fast you should be able to lower or raise your powerlevel. I suggest that depenign on how powerful you already are should decide. The higher your power the faster you can change your powerlevel so more powerful characters can not lose power when killed. Maybe this should ony be for the permanent transformation characters?...... o_o

Originally Posted by Nakiro
ppl would abuse this when helping out a friend or sometihng by letting themselves be killed

So then it should be made that you can't gain pl by killing your ally or you gradually gain less is you kill a person over and over again unless it is 1v1.

Best answers
So then it should be made that you can't gain pl by killing your ally or you gradually gain less is you kill a person over and over again unless it is 1v1.
yeah i meant 1 on 1 and even if playing teams 1 person could just let him kill him there wouldn't really be a problem there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grrr said:
instant would be bad because you could powerdown to your lowest right before a kill and get 1337 pl O-o
Well I am sure they could save your as they would have to because once you decrease you will want to go back up to where you were wouldn't you? Or else if you tried to go back up you could just keep going, just make it so it effects your actual pl not your turned down one.

As for the idea as a whole it is a good idea, but by the time you get it down, then go find someone to fight you'll be dead before you power back up. ESF is a fast paced game! Its not a three hour fight between two guys like in the show, it is at average 2-3 minutes, in my opinion it would be a waste of time. Hiding your powerlevel doesn't do much because how many of you check your opponents pl before you attack. I don't usually unless I join a game and he is alread SSJ :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
concidering this idea was planned for like 1.0 but rejected because it was useless and a waste of coding its not gonna be in

Best answers
What I am hearing the problem is that the speed at which you increase your powerlevel is something that needs to be decided. On darknavigator Thread there is a good idea with the turbo option but there still needs to be a rate at which you gain power that needs to be decided. The bottom line for me is that there needs to be a way for a person with a high powerlevel, especially one of the permanent transformation powerlevels to be able to gain/regain power or not lose it. I though that by powering up or down might help, and hell, it would be cool to scare the ***** out of someone by gaining 1,000,000 right infront of them.

Originally Posted by !XxShAdOwxX!
As for the idea as a whole it is a good idea, but by the time you get it down, then go find someone to fight you'll be dead before you power back up. ESF is a fast paced game! Its not a three hour fight between two guys like in the show, it is at average 2-3 minutes, in my opinion it would be a waste of time. Hiding your powerlevel doesn't do much because how many of you check your opponents pl before you attack. I don't usually unless I join a game and he is alread SSJ .

Not always true, In ESF I find that unless I or someone else starts to beam spam the only thing that really gets me active instead of floating around is Melee. If everyone is meleeing I find that for example I could go off as if I was going to transform to find myself a nice spot to power down and then fight my choosen opponent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what's about controlling your PL in the other direction, too ??? you (2Mill) wanna fight a 20Mill guy ... then (to make it a fair fight) you raise your PL to 20Mill

why not adding a powerlevel command ... then every player can choose his PL ... that would be fun

common guys ... this would ruin the gameplay completly ... then you could play around with your PL ... you're transformed (speed, KI) and gain 100x as much PL as before ...then you lower it again ... what's the point with lowering if you would everytimes lower it ???

example:
I join a server (PLcatchup disabled). I take Buu and start with 1.5 Mill. because I'm better than everyone, I lower my PL to 1. Because I'm so fast with Buu, noone is able to hurt me (would be an instant kill). I use melee and kick one enemy. Then I would have gained about 30,000 PL (Multiplier = 30,000). then I would go back to my real power. It would be 45,000,000,000 (1,500,000 * 30,000). Then I would transform (4.5*10^10 * 1.5 = 67,500,000,000) and make with uber speed one-hit-insta-kills (with just melee). there's no nee of turning it on, but with turbo it would look better. My final PL would be (6,75*10^10 * 1.25) 84,375,000,000. YEEHAA ... what did I do ??? lowered PL to 1 and kicked once ...

if I would have so much PL, I could control my powerlevel freely ...

this would ruin the gameplay so much ... if you want a fair match, descend/ turn turbo off/ tell the enemy to turn his turbo on

Best answers
Im suprised this thread wasnt closed as soon as it was posted considering hiding ur power level in ESF a fast paced game is completely insane. People would be 1 hit killing you and also no 1 would be able to transform considering everybody would be hiding there power levels. And with Nretep's example it clearly shows what would happen if some people didnt hide there power level so quit mentioning hiding power levels im sick of seeing them.

Best answers
Originally Posted by Nretep
take Buu and start with 1.5 Mill. because I'm better than everyone, I lower my PL to 1. Because I'm so fast with Buu, noone is able to hurt me (would be an instant kill). I use melee and kick one enemy. Then I would have gained about 30,000 PL (Multiplier = 30,000). then I would go back to my real power. It would be 45,000,000,000 (1,500,000 * 30,000). Then I would transform (4.5*10^10 * 1.5 = 67,500,000,000) and make with uber speed one-hit-insta-kills (with just melee). there's no nee of turning it on, but with turbo it would look better. My final PL would be (6,75*10^10 * 1.25) 84,375,000,000. YEEHAA ... what did I do ??? lowered PL to 1 and kicked once ...

A lot of you are making your own assumptions about what this idea could be if it was put into the game. If it would be cheap if you could lower your PL to one then don't create it so that you can lower your PL to one. I understand that this idea can be easily abused, but hell, this is a game, there are a lot of suggestions that can be made into cheap tricks for people and there are some elements of ESF already that are cheap (SBC Spamming LOL :rolleyes: ). Instead of telling that the idea is a waste of time how about we all decide how this idea can be made to work for ESF instead of how it can't :\ . The things that I know off the top of my head that need to be decided for this idea is

1.- The rate you gain and lose power?

2.- When you can gain or lose power?

3.- How much power you can lose?

4.-How much power can you gain?

Answer these questions to yourself before saying that this is a bad idea. If you have any other questions about it like the those above please incluide them!!!:laff:

Best answers
personally it shouldn't matter what other person's pl is you just have to be more careful if it's too high

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it is a very good idea
but since the mods team unlished Nretep to it its probably wont be anyway!

but since Hibiki cleared that out I dont see a point in continuing this thread... whatever
actually I was going to post that suggestion myself but ssjFajita took the shame+\+blame for me lol

oh Nretep Nretep nretep....... again playing "SMART"?

you knowbs that they meant something else and anyway Hibiki said
they wont include it and he is a V.I.P or something lol J\k!

anyway it needs a lot of coding probably but its a super idea

maybe it will be resuggested to put in beta 1.8 when they will be out of "easy to add" ideas
and will start to work like donkeys... (" in Hebrew it sounds better " lol! )

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:
what's about controlling your PL in the other direction, too ??? you (2Mill) wanna fight a 20Mill guy ... then (to make it a fair fight) you raise your PL to 20Mill

why not adding a powerlevel command ... then every player can choose his PL ... that would be fun

common guys ... this would ruin the gameplay completly ... then you could play around with your PL ... you're transformed (speed, KI) and gain 100x as much PL as before ...then you lower it again ... what's the point with lowering if you would everytimes lower it ???

example:
I join a server (PLcatchup disabled). I take Buu and start with 1.5 Mill. because I'm better than everyone, I lower my PL to 1. Because I'm so fast with Buu, noone is able to hurt me (would be an instant kill). I use melee and kick one enemy. Then I would have gained about 30,000 PL (Multiplier = 30,000). then I would go back to my real power. It would be 45,000,000,000 (1,500,000 * 30,000). Then I would transform (4.5*10^10 * 1.5 = 67,500,000,000) and make with uber speed one-hit-insta-kills (with just melee). there's no nee of turning it on, but with turbo it would look better. My final PL would be (6,75*10^10 * 1.25) 84,375,000,000. YEEHAA ... what did I do ??? lowered PL to 1 and kicked once ...

Then why not make it so you cant gain pl while lower power level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom