👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
omfg have u some more excuses?
cant just help.

First you want me to give a proof and now u want me to give any folder name?
Please share your Half-Life folder name Cancel.

Best answers
Do you mean

Steam\SteamApps\[I DONT TELL]\half-life\

---------- Double Post below was added at 06:44 PM has been merged with this post created at 06:39 PM ----------

What now?

Did i drifted your languag away?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And, where's ESF in your list? In the image you provided:

I don't see the mod. Besides, the point. I just noticed all kind of Half-Life 2 mods in your game list, and you claim the Half-Life is really half-life? It's impossible to play Half-Life 2 mods without installing Half-Life first. That makes me believe even more that you don't own Half-Life yourself through steam.

Best answers
What did i said lol.

You search any excuse to make yourself rite.

GTFH can someone other help pls.

If posted enough proofs and now ill stop dude your just dumb ez.

If you dont wanna help, then leave here.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is how it works here:

If you do not have a legitimate copy of Half-Life or don't use Steam, then you will not receive help from us.

And you're not fooling anyone.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Cancel, I'm a forum administrator.. Really, saying that is the wrong thing to do. Sorry, but you don't own Half-Life at all:

1), Wrong HL icon
2), ESF is not in the "my games" list
3), I only see HL2 mods in your game list while you claim not to own Half-Life 2

Really, can't you just stop making excuses yourself? Get a valid copy of Half-Life through steam and we'll help you further. If you refuse to do so and attempting to fool us, then you are the one who is not welcome here.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What did i said lol.

You search any excuse to make yourself rite.

GTFH can someone other help pls.

If posted enough proofs and now ill stop dude your just dumb ez.

If you dont wanna help, then leave here.
Sky's doing his best, it's hard to help someone over the internet with so few details :p.

Here's a request from me, show us a picture of your Half Life in game menu. Showing us that will tell us if HL is running through STEAM.

Best answers
loL i wanted to play your game, but if you wont me oks then not.

i am owning my own halflife but ok if you dont trust me..

What can i do to get your trust or your help damit.

Cant just tell me how to fix it?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It's not that we don't trust you, we just need to see what's installed and where. Showing us screenshots is the best way to do it.

We all don't work for Valve, we're not going to report you for having an illegal copy of HL (that's if you do, we're not out to get you).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Take a screenshot of your Half-Life folder (that is, from inside it).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
We can't help you if you refuse to share your set of details. We understand that you wish to play the modification, but lying to us that you own Half-Life through Steam is not the answer. So far, you only have shown that you own Half-Life 2 through Steam, and that's great! How ever, that's not going to work for ESF.

The steam path is something anyone can show by text. Images with proof is something we more need that you really do own Half-Life through steam. Heck, I didn't even saw Earth's Special Forces in the "my games" list of your Steam account with the picture you provided. We believe you if you can provide the following:

1), As mentioned above post, your Half-life folder screenshot. Including a txt file with your forum name on it.
2), A image showing Earth's Special Forces in your game list.
3), An image of the menu of Half-Life (the game) - Where you can select single player, options, etc.

If you require some 'private' matter help, you can always add me on steam under the email [email protected]

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cancel, you're an idiot if you think that people here are idiots who you can fool.

Best answers
Lmao....sorry if this is off topic...but umm he has problems with ESF...he doesn't seem to give up trying to fool people over here at the very heart of ESF...he's got some talent...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I agree with hleV. He is an idiot if he thinks he can fool us. He has installed Half Life 2, and changed the folder name to Half Life so he can fool us. How do I know? Well, he just happens to have HL2 mods installed, that wouldn't install without HL2. He has CSS, HL2:DM and HL2:LC, all which came in the original HL2 package. That and although I am not sure of this one, but if you activate Half Life on Steam these days, automatically games like Ricochet and Team Fortress Classic should be added to the "Not Installed" section (Like I said, not sure of this one, could be a GOTY edition only option, mine did anyway). Last and not least, like said, the icon is HL2's.

Now he tries to tell us his ESF doesn't work while he clearly hasn't installed ESF the Steam way (not added in the Installed game section). Mix that all up and it is pretty clear he either doesn't have a valid HL, or he just won't listen and install the game properly. I'm thinking the first.

Cancel, we don't care if you want to play the game or not. But unless you buy HL legally, we won't even bother to help you any further. And if you do, we will gladly help you.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another administrator here. Let's tone down the insults, please. The very simple fact is that ESF WILL NOT work without a legit copy of HL and Steam. It might be possible to get it running using illegal copies, but as I recall, it's still buggy as hell. If you have a legitimate CD Key for HL, you can use the "activate product" or whatever option. So please, stop asking how to get it to work without a legit copy. Even beyond the fact that we don't want to support someone trying to use a pirated version of the game, the method of getting it to work is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what we know how to do. So this is entirely the wrong place for looking for help with illegal versions because we don't really know how it's done. I don't care to know. So buy HL or stop bothering us.

If you keep this behavior up, this thread is going to go bye bye.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about we all calm down and stop jumping down each others throats. If you guys are going to question him instead of help him because of an assumption, then I'll help him myself.

If you bought a copy of Half-Life 1, then delete your Half-Life folder in your steamapps directory, open up steam, go to My Games, click Activate a Product on Steam, and enter the cd-key that can be found on your Half-Life 1 case. After that, follow the instructions, wait for Half-Life to finish downloading, open it up, and THEN install ESF 1.2.3. You're getting the client.dll error because ESF 1.2 and above only supports Steam and legit copies of Half-Life 1 (non pirated versions).

From the looks of the screenshot you posted, the icon next to Half-Life is the Half-Life 2 icon, which must mean that you most likely re-named Half-Life 2 to Half-Life 1. Look at my screenshot below to see what the Half-Life 1 icon is.

Hope I helped. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Dam, with all the information he has shared in all his posts.. It's pretty obvious he attempted to fool us in playing ESF on a non-steam version. I've already linked him to the FAQ as well which pretty much explains how to get Half-Life on steam. As you may have already seen, I've also added this screenshot within one of my posts:

Which also shows Half-Life on the list, like yours. So actually, I have helped him. He just refused to help us in the end.

Last edited:
Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
omfg have u some more excuses?
cant just help.

First you want me to give a proof and now u want me to give any folder name?
Dude just post a image of your half-life folder.

Best answers
Okay i'll do all this later, when i am back.

But i also got C.S 1.6 with Steam (from CD)

and if i install esf in it and try to open Cs it gives me an other error lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom