• Never read it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Fav one so far.

• Not bad...

• God it was bad -_-"

• What? Come on Im still reading it, gimmie some time!

• I found it quite good, though not the best

• Total voters
Best answers
I'm guessing Harry can take two paths in this situation.. I kinda veiw Harry as Anakin, voldemort as The Emporer, and Dumbledore as Obi... Harry potter is actually quite similar to Star Wars if you look at the characters. Harry probably won't falll to the dark side, but it'd be neat to see him do some dark magic against the death eaters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morrone said:
Read the chapter please. I'm not talking about the loop. You need to understand what I'm talking about. Before Harry even went back in time he saved himself. It's impossible to go back in time to save yourself because you would be dead before you could go back in time. Yes time travel is an infinite loop but the loop starts somewhere and it could have never began in that situation.
Example A:

You go back in time and pick up a glass of water, drink it, then go back to your time. This makes a "loop" since its started, and can go on forever.

Example B:

Your Shot. Your Dead. No going back intime to save yourself, its impossable, as you have to alive to go back in time.

I belive this is what Morrone is saying, time is so vast, complex and weird, that any book or film with it in has to do it VERY well, in order for it to be beliveable.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aaaahhhh, finally with my job going on, and reading a chapter a day. My sister was done with it in 3 days of continuous reading, and I could only eye her enviously of all the time she has on her hands :S .But finally I'm done. And according to my opinion, this was tons better than the goblet and this has been the best HP book out of the 5 IMO.

Now about the book:

The thing that I loved the best was seeing Harry's hatred. Now this might sound wierd, and trust me I'm not wierd :p , but when Harry used the cruciatous curse for the first time on belatrix, I was literally jumping. I had always pictured that at some point in the future, Harry would jump out of nowhere and being led by his anger and pain, would suddenly do a dramatic unforgivable curse. Well it wasn't anything of that sort in book 5, but I would love to see Harry doing the avada kedavra on Belatrix in book 6 or 7 to avenge Sirius' death.

Now the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort (don't flinch if you hear the name :p ), was short but exceptionally interesting at the same time. The way Dumbledore moved and did his stunts, when we see his true fighting for the first time, reminded me when we see yoda fighting for the first time when 'attack of the clones' was released. Also reading Dumbledore admitting that Voldemort is much more powerful in his full strength and is the greatest wizard alive, sorta gives us a sneak peak about what 'might' happen in the future books.

And I was also pretty err, 'satisfied' when Umbridge was dragged away by the centaurs, and was hoping they would find her body somewhere wheras the jolly ol' Dumbledore had to rescue her. :S

And yea the thing between Harry and Cho was pretty sloppery the way Harry handled things, but I'm sure this will get better in the future books. I would definetly like to see Ron and Hermione finally getting into that zone as well.

One thing I found really stupid was Sirius dying of a simple stunning 'stupefy' spell..... I mean it's supposed to STUN no matter how hard it is, even if on the chest... not kill someone off! And it had to be Sirius. :\ Well if this helps bring out the 'anger' and the 'power that Voldemort doesn't have' (like the prophecy said), then I guess it's ok.

His so called powers will most probably be love and compassion like Cuc pointed out, but I would love to see a "RAGING" Harry like I mentioned before.

Anyway, that was my 2 bits, I'd love to hear what others think about this. =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was not KILLED by the spell, he was knocked into the land of the dead (behind the vail) and died, silly

Best answers
Dammit groovy I told you before Elisha Cuthbert is too hot for these forums :p.

Anyways yea I sort of see the Star Wars connection except I dont think there is any chance of him going to the Dark Side because Voldemort killed his parents and all so he really hates Voldemort too much but Harry himself might turn evil with all that anger inside him who knows?

As for the Dumbledore Voldy fight it was great. Dumbledore wasn't even trying though he used the statues to block all the spells.

As for the love lives I hope Harry is either with Hermione (which i think JKR said wasn't going to happen) or is alone cuz I dont like Cho. And Hermione is too good for Ron.

Hopefully in the next book Harry will start getting really powerful and start practicing dark magic.

Lid

L
Harry will end up with someone maybe, Cho is obviously getting written out. Yet i can not stress the fact that Ron and Hermione will need up together... look up most book relationships and a lot of them fall under "opposites attract". Even the book showed the deep loathing Lily had of James.

EDIT: and what was that about dark arts and Harry?

Best answers
I know Ron and Hermione are destined to be together but I'd prefer it to be her and Harry.

And by dark arts I mean start practicing more powerful curses and jinxes.

Best answers
yeah well Harry's obviously been getting into Linkin Park and becoming angsty and rebellious so he doesn't really care...

off topic: WHAT YOU TALKIN ABOUT??!! LINKIN PARK IS ONE OF THE BEST BANDS KNOWN BY ME!!! so good things about linkin park only :p

ontopic: i did not read the hp5 book yet, but i wanna read it!!! or else i go *fat buu voice* boom boom! (lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom