Guys, RapidShare is on drugs...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

See what I mean? Did anyone else experience this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:

See what I mean? Did anyone else experience this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?
I never had that problem before. Try using regular Internet Explorer to see if it works.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try normal Internet exploler maybe it will work that way

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wee. The other side of the fence. Someone asks for help with (x) browser and members of the opposite side of the fence immediately say:

Why are you using Firefox? It's incompatible with SO many websites! Use Internet Explorer!

:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) It isn't in the browser, it's the site. When I tried it with Mozilla the same error appeared.
2) I will never use Internet Explorer again, I have uninstalled it, and it has made my system crash due to allowing Spyware to come through. And it is slow.

and 3) MegaUpload, FileWire and other hosting sites work perfectly with Firefox and Mozilla. So there. That's the last time I host something on RapidShare. Only MegaUpload from now on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Wee. The other side of the fence. Someone asks for help with (x) browser and members of the opposite side of the fence immediately say:

Why are you using Firefox? It's incompatible with SO many websites! Use Internet Explorer!

And then some members don't help at all.

Ext your web browser, disable javascript, re-enable javascript, and then hit okay. See if that works. If not, I'm not too sure how to help you. But sometimes turning something off, then turning it back on works. Not sure why but sometimes it does.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
And then some members don't help at all.

Ext your web browser, disable javascript, re-enable javascript, and then hit okay. See if that works. If not, I'm not too sure how to help you. But sometimes turning something off, then turning it back on works. Not sure why but sometimes it does.
I was making the point that anytime anyone makes a thread saying "I need help with Internet Explorer," a hundred people jump on them and criticize them for not using Firefox. I am making the opposite point, which I find funny. Internet Explorer is more compatible with websites, in my experience. I have never had to switch from IE to Firefox to make a site work, but I've had to switch from Firefox to IE to make a site work hundreds of times.

Best answers
That's strange, have only once had to use IE to make a site work, but have encountered many sites with text "Best viewed with firefox" or something alike... I don't want to start a war between IE and FF. Each one has his/her own opinion. I only use FF because i fear things like spyware and such.
And i recommend using Megaupload. It has never bugged on me.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
1) It isn't in the browser, it's the site. When I tried it with Mozilla the same error appeared.
2) I will never use Internet Explorer again, I have uninstalled it, and it has made my system crash due to allowing Spyware to come through. And it is slow.
Firefox and Mozilla are both produced by the Mozilla corporation and use most of the same code so far as I can tell, so any incompatibilities with one will happen in the other. You should always keep internet explorer installed if only due to the fact that so many websites really are incompatible with Mozilla browsers and Spyware cannot attack you through IE if you don't visit a site that will give you spyware. Try the Opera browser or something like that and see if it works.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
I only use FF because i fear things like spyware and such.
dan_esf_fanatic said:
These made me lol. I'd go into a rant about it being your own fault for "allowing Spyware to come through" but I don't want to get too far off-topic.
SailorAlea said:
I was making the point that anytime anyone makes a thread saying "I need help with Internet Explorer," a hundred people jump on them and criticize them for not using Firefox. I am making the opposite point, which I find funny. Internet Explorer is more compatible with websites, in my experience. I have never had to switch from IE to Firefox to make a site work, but I've had to switch from Firefox to IE to make a site work hundreds of times.
Amen sista!

Best answers
Well i don't have spyware(least that i know of) on my computer but i don't intend to get any. To make sure, i use firefox which is said to be much safer from such attacks. Well this is my own computer, but i have used another computer which was infested with spyware. And i just didnt like using it...laggy and all.
That's why its best to use all means necessary to protect my computer from such things.
So what im trying to say is, it's not my fault! I never allowed it to "come through"! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Opera FTW!

opera is safer as much more secure.

just lags sometimes in flash previews, therefor i use IE.

if you get probs with that renew your javascript or change to another browser.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't a discussion about which browser is best.

I personally have always disliked RapidShare, and I myself always use www.yousendit.com. Their upload/download speed may not be as high, but I find their site to be more user-friendly and more pleasant to look at, with much less of the annoying advertising of their service.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
As was I making a point that when someone makes an "I need help" thread, some people don't help at all.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You could always use FileFront.com also for file upload/download. Either way, try re-installing Java?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
As was I making a point that when someone makes an "I need help" thread, some people don't help at all.
Yes, which was the point I was making about the other threads, in which anyone asking for help with IE gets extremely useful replies of "Switch to Firefox."

Do you care to repeat this back-and-forth cycle indefinitely?

Best answers
Pain said:
These made me lol. I'd go into a rant about it being your own fault for "allowing Spyware to come through" but I don't want to get too far off-topic.
QFT
And I can't say much about why it's not working but Rapidshare does bug out on me sometimes so it may not be too unusual.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:

I wasn't asking to switch to Internet Explorer, and I don't think John_Volkov was either. Whenever I have a site that doesn't display or work properly with Mozilla FireFox, I just open that site in Internet Explorer and do what I need to do then go back to Mozilla FireFox.

dan_esf_fanatic said:
and 3) MegaUpload, FileWire and other hosting sites work perfectly with Firefox and Mozilla. So there. That's the last time I host something on RapidShare. Only MegaUpload from now on.
RapidShare works fine on my end and I use Mozilla FireFox. I just used it a few seconds ago and it loaded fine.

You can try:

• Cleaning out your cookies.
  • Cleaning out your temporary internet files folder.
  • Clearing your browsing history.
  • Download the latest version of Java from the official site.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I wasn't asking to switch to Internet Explorer, and I don't think John_Volkov was either. Whenever I have a site that doesn't display or work properly with Mozilla FireFox, I just open that site in Internet Explorer and do what I need to do then go back to Mozilla FireFox.
I realize. However, I was just pointing out the ironic nature of the request, considering all the previously mentioned threads where instead of help being offered, "Switch to (the other browser)" is the only offered solution. Hence the 'irony' portion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom