GTA: San Andreas Outline

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just bought the game, along with the new tiny PS2. Here's what the game mostly has to offer. This should explain why IGN gave it a 9.9/10 (The highest rating they've ever given.)
<html>
<ul>
<li>Car mod shops - Customize your ride with nitro, chrome bumpers, custom roofing, custom exhaust, custom paint jobs, custom wheels, bass boosters (For your stereo), and hydrolics.</li>
<li>Recruit gang members - Get random members of your gang to follow you to do drive bys, territory takovers, or perhaps for protection going through a bad "hood".</li>
<li>Swimming - You can now swim! You no longer have to worry about dying when you hit the water!</li>
<li>Jetpacks - One of my favorites. Fly around for countless hours, anywhere on the map. If you go into locked terrotory, you get a 4 star wanted level (To prevent cheating, I guess).</li>
<li>Eating - You can eat when you're low on health, or when you need more fat</li>
<li>The Gym - Bench press, run on the treadmill, spar with a boxer to learn new moves, or maybe run on the bike thingy.</li>
<li>New Sounds - Engines, weapons,and even the people sound more realistic.</li>
<li>Barber Shops - Get a different hairstyle if you like. My character currently has blonde cornrows.</li>
<li>Clothing Shops - Get some *Bling bling*, sunglasses, hoodies, t-shirts, pendants, shoes, hats, and watches.</li>
<li>Tattoo Parlor - Get a tattoo... Or eight. Lots of tattoos to choose from, and you get to choose where it's put. You can remove tattoos for $400.</li>
<li>Towing - Get a rig and tow trailers, or get a tractor and tow cars.</li>
<li>Cars - Wide range of cars to choose from. Take pride in your ride.</li>
<li>Property - Buy property (Safehouses).</li>
<li>Missions - Tons of cool missions, and tons of new people to meet.</li>
<li>Map - HUGE map. 3 main cities, and alot of roads. 45 mins to drive in a circle around the map. HUGE.</li>
<li>Bikes - Bikes, BMX, new motorcycles (Which are really cool on the new engine)</li>
<li>Spraypaint - Tag some turf, show people that you're in charge.</li>
<li>Prologue *Spoiler* - The prologue to GTA3 is in San Andreas. The mute guy (The guy you play) and Catalina (That chick that betrays him in the beginning) lose a race and go to Liberty City.</li>
<li>Flying - New planes, helicopters, and the jetpacks (Mentioned above). All of these look really good on the new engine, more realistic. They're harder to fly, but more fun when you get the hang of it. Especially the helicopters. ;)</li>
<li>Freefalling/bailing - You can bail from a plane now. When you bail, you go into a freefall, and your weapon icon changes to that of a parachute. You can open the chute at any time, but it's better to do so when you're closer to the ground.
</ul>
That's all I've covered so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I plan on buying this game.....in a month or so, damn money. >_>

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Don't forget you can fly in military jet planes (the game calls it 'Hydra'). You can lock on to any vehicle and shoot homing missils at it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and what about the new bikes? camera? dont forget those too >.>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget one of the largest changes (size wise) that Rockstar made from Vice City was that the 3 islands are actually one gigantic map, meaning there's no load times when going between them. Rock! :yes:

Best answers
I dont personally like the GTA games, sure they are sort of like a Genre in their own right. but all the newer ones dont really offer to much in improved gameplay... only features. I think they need a new Engine also. (considering it is still using the same engine as GTA 3, and its looking rather out-dated).
But I am sure to Give GTA San Andreas a shot. I liked GTA 3 for a bit. Vice City, well that was just a re-vamp of the origional so I didnt play it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WHAT!? Are you blind!? The game is not using the GTA3 engine any more. It's almost an all new engine. It still uses PARTS of the GTA3 engine, but that's all. And as for gameplay, well, I think you should play and then come back to this thread.

And for those of you thinking I was leaving stuff out, read the LAST thing I said in the thread.

Amnestometh said:
That's all I've covered so far

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gta san andreas engine is updated, it looks far better then the GTA 3 or Vice city, and dont forget, ps2 is getting old and as soon as ps3 gets released it will look alot better, and u shouldnt look at the graphix anyway, since its the story line and the cool feature what makes the game...i would rather play a good game with 2d graphix then a sucking game with 3d-halflife 2 graphix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom