Ground Fighting Advantage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking, most ESF players fight up in the air, but I like fighting on the ground. Also it seems a bit strange that you lose ki while floating, but can recharge it in a few seconds. So my idea is; eliminate charging in mid-air, so you can charge up, fly, have a fight, then come back down when you need more energy, so you can't just fire, charge, fire, charge, you have to keep your eye on the ki gauge.

Either that or have it recharge at one third the speed, not as severe, but it'll slow down people who float up into the corner of a map and spam the server with deathballs or whatever.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a certain aspect of this idea is a good idea, the charging at a quarter (i would say a third) speed we do this and yeah you have a reason to watch your ki gauge: if your in a fight and you run out your completely screwed, not like now where you just charge inbetween hits and your full in 3 seconds

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, reduces beam spam considerably.

Best answers
Sounds like a good idea RavenDust.
Although you would find yourself falling to the ground alot. Maybe the swoop and teleport cost could be lowered if mid-air charging were to be removed.
Then fighting in the air would be more reserved for the transformed players with larger ki pools. ^_^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure it would reduce spam, but it would also ruin melee and every other aspect of the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, melee in b1.3 is going to be based on a stamina meter and not ki (*looks at outline*) so I fail to see how it would ruin the game unless you're a beamspammer, in which case, I don't care.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt melee will no longer use ki. The stamina thing is probably just for advanced melee and not things like swooping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then lower the swoop cost...it's far too high at the moment as it is, it should be like 1/4th (ground charging only) or 1/2 (reduced mid-air charging) of what it is now.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, if you want to stop beam spammers, you don't need to go to such extreme lengths. Changing to much is a bad thing and overcomplicating things is a bad thing. They just need to put in a stamina bar for beams and there done. You use beams to much, you drain your stamina, you have to wait for it to regenerate. Everyone is happy (except the beam spammers ofcourse).

If you want the idea in there just because you like ground fights better or you want to add more strategy to the game or whatever, then no. Like I said before, it would ruin every aspect of the game.

Best answers
Hybrid said:
Look, if you want to stop beam spammers, you don't need to go to such extreme lengths. Changing to much is a bad thing and overcomplicating things is a bad thing. They just need to put in a stamina bar for beams and there done. You use beams to much, you drain your stamina, you have to wait for it to regenerate. Everyone is happy (except the beam spammers ofcourse).

If you want the idea in there just because you like ground fights better or you want to add more strategy to the game or whatever, then no. Like I said before, it would ruin every aspect of the game.
Amen.

Though i do think there should be more difference between air and ground fighting.
I've always regretted the fact that it isn't possible to have an effective ground battle. With perhaps a bit of double-tap dodging, and some advantage over those that are flying.

At least being able to jump forward instead of straight up, and the possibility to run-swoop (run and jump at higher speed) would be good enough for me. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually im against the idea you have to charge on the ground =\ instead, why not make flying cost more ki?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea is a good idea, whats the point of a map if your not using it? just make empty skyboxes then...

This would put more use to maps... but heres my version how this would work.

- Flying burns noticeably more ki. (maybe how turbo burns or half of that)
- Turbo noticably increases more damage to melee.
- Charging on the ground charges faster than Air. 3-4 second charge
- Charing in the air Charges slower than on the ground. 7-8 second charge.
- (maybe)Melee damage increased when fighting in the air/ground (depending on character)

The last idea is from when i remember Goku said he liked fighting on the ground more. so would give different melee peaks for different characters.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, 1.2 had a huge increase in the ki burn while swooping. Now combine that with the fact that you swoop slower then in 1.1. So far, increasing the ki burn has caused the game to be slowered paced. It needs to be lowered, not increased...

Best answers
ImKongKong : People would still charge in the air even if you increased the ki burn. What Ravendust wants is people to use the ground for charging, which could result in more ground combat.

Hybrid : Yeah, you would definately have to lower and not increase the ki-cost of swoop/teleport.

Ravendust : For longer charging up not to affect the speed of gameplay, you would need to increase the ki-pools so people could still have a long match.
The difference is you would manage the large amount of energy you have more wisely and not rely on getting little bursts of recharging in.

So instead of lots of little fights, you'd have a big charge up on the ground, and then an assload of fighting before you need to recharge again.
That would make ESF play faster, not slower.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be changing it for the sake of changing it. It wouldn't encourage ground fights at all. And I think it may slow the gameplay down if you give to much ki to a person. Now, I may be wrong, but I can picture it going something like how ssj fights go:

Player 1 swoops around in circles after player 2
Player 2 also swoops around trying to hit player 1
Both players dodge everything the other trys with their huge amount of ki
Both players recharge
Repeat

I just have to ask you guys this, is groundfighting that orgasmic that you have to change half of the game for it?

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The worts idea I ever heard.
This mod is based on DBZ so try to follow the serie

Best answers
GoldenBlade : Long power ups on the ground is not "following the series" but lots of small annoying powerups are? o_O Well ok.

Hybrid : It's not exactly changing half the game now is it? Giving players more energy to fight would not make it anymore repetitive than it is. To be honest i think charging is rather repetitive.

Just the fact that two players would need to be on the ground to recharge would increase the chance they'd wanna ground battle.
The parts i added are to make flight combat still used alot of ESF, but would be used only when needed to.

Oh well, that's how i'd like to see ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me too. The only time I can even think of someone recharging their energy the ESF way is when SSJ3 Goku was recharging in the fight against Kid Buu (when Vegeta had to take over). And that took him a full minute to charge back up to 100%, plus he was standing on the ground :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
air charging should be reduced and ground charging increase. that could be a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom