Gotenks WIP

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Kreshi said:
back:

I hope it´s better now...

@Eclipse

The proportions beside the arm proportions are like they should be.
The larger arms makes him maybe looking like a teenager, I don´t know.
But the model have to fit the ESF skeleton and if the arms would have the right size he would get animation problems...

this pics shows that the proportions are fine:

EDIT:
Some things are a little different, but a model have to look good in 3d and not just in 2d. :smile:
Its like you just ripped it from the cartoon!!!Great job man Im so glad your releasing it^_^.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
There are no abs and pecs on a back..
Look at davids ref in the atonomy thread.
Does it really matter? his shirt will cover it anyway.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right -.- I've said it before and i will say it now. Every detail counts. It's the little things that make a model good. But still i don't think the back looks too too bad.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
IMO his forehead is too long, it makes him look... uhh older?

if you shortened it, it would look better

even at your ref pic the hairlines are different...

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh comon, it looks fine, great, superb!

Lol, if we go complaining about every small detail, and he is even actually correcting them, then it will be never done, coz people then complain about something else!!!

Best answers
it's called crits mon ami.
that's the whole point of posting work in progress...to get feedback.
amazing....wow.....perfect....doesnt help the modeler improve his/her model.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
oh comon, it looks fine, great, superb!

Lol, if we go complaining about every small detail, and he is even actually correcting them, then it will be never done, coz people then complain about something else!!!
Yea, you think it looks great, because you dont think anatomy is important. Adding things that arent there isnt a minor detail. A minor detail is something like the wrong eye color. He knows how to skin, so its not that hard for him to correct it.

And as MeSuVegetto said, its not complaining, its called critisizing. Some people actually critisize work instead of just saying its a good model.
jp said:
I just WANT that model, its looks so good!!! *drool*

Best answers
You can´t just follow a side view!
There is a front view too and maybe a back view also!
That´s the reason because some things are a little different.
BTW, in DBZ the side view don´t fit always the front view and so on... some things are impossible to be made like they are drawed in DBZ.

And here the fixed back:

and here some pics just for fun ;D

If he should replace gohan i need to make his forearm smaller.
I don´t know why, but the ESF-Gohan skeleton have litttttle forearms!
I´ll maybe make 2 versions, the first one replacing vegeta and the second one replacing gohan or something like that ;) .

Replacing Krillin wouldn´t be cool because of the AURA colour!

And please tell me in which position the mouth should be.

BTW, the Vegeta and Gohan replacing versions are both done, i just need some sounds and maybe making some sprites too...

The problem about the Super Ghost Bust Kamikazi Attack is that it would look really strange if you see a ghost from every view the same no matter how you move flying around.

EDIT:
I have edit the shoulders too! They are bigger and "better" now I think :fight: .

Best answers
I think you really need to start making more effort to remove your defined lines from your skins, they really drop the overall quality of things you produce. A few things though...

- Skin tone is too pink, Dragonball Z charcters have an almost yellow skintone at times. You need to find a good balance.

- Face I know you dont see it in game but it appears to have less effort put into it than the rest of the skin. Your side view looks pretty correct but from the front your not capturing Gotenks.

- Mouth If you closed the mouth you should still be able to see general shading to indicate a mouth. Your letting the model do too much work.

- Arms On your last render, the flow over the shoulders seems wrong, I dont know. you might find pivotal problems when animating him.

- Vest & Wrist bands Need some kind of shading...... It also casts no shadow on the model.

- Belt has no join, or any indication of meeting of materials.

- Socky thingsNeed more work period.

- Pants Need work, folding is noticably wrong in quite a few places.

- Shoes Again no shading.

You also lack any global shadow. Your need think about your objects and how they would affect the lighting across the surface of the model.

Best answers
Raven Blade said:
I think you really need to start making more effort to remove your defined lines from your skins, they really drop the overall quality of things you produce. A few things though...

- Skin tone is too pink, Dragonball Z charcters have an almost yellow skintone at times. You need to find a good balance.

- Face I know you dont see it in game but it appears to have less effort put into it than the rest of the skin. Your side view looks pretty correct but from the front your not capturing Gotenks.

- Mouth If you closed the mouth you should still be able to see general shading to indicate a mouth. Your letting the model do too much work.

- Arms On your last render, the flow over the shoulders seems wrong, I dont know. you might find pivotal problems when animating him.

- Vest & Wrist bands Need some kind of shading...... It also casts no shadow on the model.

- Belt has no join, or any indication of meeting of materials.

- Socky thingsNeed more work period.

- Pants Need work, folding is noticably wrong in quite a few places.

- Shoes Again no shading.

You also lack any global shadow. Your need think about your objects and how they would affect the lighting across the surface of the model.
-skintone: I will use my old skintone... (BUT i really don´t like that yellowish skintone...)

-face: i will try to get it like gotenks from the front...

-mouth: hmmm i think I will post a big pic of his mouth later...

-arms: Are the shoulders too big now??? If YES i will redo it to the old sice.... Whatever, they do animate good i think:

(sorry for the bad ms3d pic quality... btw, i think the smoothing groups are also not correct there^^)

-West, Wristbands and Shoes: I don´t have any idea what detail to add to things like that... And i haven´t any idea what material it is... damn... ;/ .

-Belt: Should I add a big ball as a joint?.... And I will maybe redo the skin of the belt... i am not sure now, because I wana release the model as fast as possible...

-Pants: hmmm i don´t know what´s wrong there... I skined EVERY LINE of my FRONT and BACK references. maybe the shading is wrong i don´t know, but the lines are correct... some lines are looking strange in this "zoom"...
Whatever, here the skin of the pants and some other things:

-Socky thing: hmmmmmmmmm i don´t know what to do :cry:

EDIT:
DO NOT STEAL MY PANTS SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
Kreshi do you have AIM or MSN?

As for the arm, the front looks ok, but that back view looks way off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please kreshi make replace....

KRILLIN

really great model man.. i wish that gotenks would be an additional character in esf also..

dont' replace any other of the other important saiyan characters.. like what was stated before, the attacks match

maybe we could find a way to fix the aura problem thoe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome gotenks, just amazing, looking forward to the model!

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also the vest should be a dark navy blue with some purple

Best answers
Raven Blade said:
Kreshi do you have AIM or MSN?

As for the arm, the front looks ok, but that back view looks way off.

I have MSN: [email protected]

@imkongkong

hmmm I don´t know... if it´s possible to change krillins aura colour he will replace Krillin, if not he will replace a saiyan... ;/ .

@Ultimate Trunks

I have already post screens with the fixed GREEN...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom