Goku and Trunks for download.

Best answers
What the models need

Thats exactly right people should'nt conclude so fast I think Ned did an excelent job with these model pieces. But if someone were to fix thses models this is what they should fix.

GOKU
1) The back of the normal hair (looks like a hat)
2) Goku's cloths
3) The SSJ hair needs to move when you swoop (for skeleton)
4) The fingers
5) The front of his pants (looks like he has a boner)
6) Needs to be a little bit buffer (too skinny)

TRUNKS
1) When you turn SSJ there is hole in the back of his head
2) The fingers
3) The fornt of his pants (looks like he has a boner)

Overall there great models and the faces are PERFECT!!!

🌠 Staff
Best answers
One thing you all might need to realize also is that the skeletons for both esf goku and trunks were designed particularly for the official esf models, as well as animated with them, which in turn is partly why neds models dont quite match up with the animations as well as they should.
Now if someone was too go and set up a custom skeleton for Neds models and animate them with Neds models, im sure you would get the quality you want with them. But as for using the original esf goku and trunks skeleton, thats probably the best your going to get for them.
Basically thats all i wanted to say before anyone else says something else about how the models animate. Ned, nice work as always, i love that trunks, was partly the inspiration for the one i did for esf. As for goku, i like it, just the normal hair gets me sometimes. Maybe try to capture how budokai-first one- did gokus normal hair, with more spikes than the ones shown. Other than that its perfect. As for your next model, id like to see you do something thats not a saiyan, like cell.

@whoever stated that its too bad these arent official esf models-
Sorry, but that wouldnt happen, as the polycount is far above what esf wants too use. Neds models have an average count between 2-3000 polygons. which esf just wants to use 1500 at maximum. We get the same quality of model, but most of our details come from the skin rather than be modeled in. example of a good model is the new esf trunks. I used about 1400 polygons for him and its just as good as Neds in a sense.

One last thing: Element4q2 you did a good job on rigging, but I might rerig it since you missed a few bones in when you rigged it. Like the foot bones and ssj gokus hair wasnt rigged at all. No offense, not doin cause i think im better or anything, just want to fix it so the animations work properly and all. cause it looks funny when his foot doesnt bend when it should <_<

Anyways, thats all i wanted to say.

-God Gundam

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i loved these models as soon as i saw them now i have them its like a drem come true :)

Best answers
well Trunks is ok...the hair in da back and the sword need a little working......and goku don't know his hair need some work 2

G
Raven Blade said:
Nice nice and double nice ^_^. I gotta admint I love your style of SSJ hair..

I'd just like to see more uncommon DBZ models, everyone makes Goku's and Vegetas...
good point, none does janemba naymore, or android 16, 17 or 18. or Perf cell for that matter
anyway, wow ned GJ :) y didnt u release them in SOS? thx element for converting them ^^
and tryforce, apart from that goku being purely a recolor, that animaiton looks rly cool, as well as the sprite.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
fortnox said:
y didnt u release them in SOS? thx element for converting them ^^
I think he didnt make them for SoS because it may have died.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guys ok, it's not perfect so just drop it.
imo NeD and Element4q2 both did great job, i dont play esf atm, need to reinstall it cause this models look great and it makes me wanna get back to it :p

so basicly everyone, be thankful and shutup, no offence or something it's just you guys always want something better >_>

two thumbs up NeD and Element ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
SV I really dont think you should say everyone cause some of this, "everyone" may get offended.Like me

Lol just kidding :p

Mik

Best answers
damn whats the name of the program ur using for this kind of modeling?

NeD

Best answers
God Gundam said:
@whoever stated that its too bad these arent official esf models-
Sorry, but that wouldnt happen, as the polycount is far above what esf wants too use. Neds models have an average count between 2-3000 polygons. which esf just wants to use 1500 at maximum.
Actually SOS models are set to have a limit of between 2000-2500 ;). Trunks himself is actually less than that, but the sword adds on.

Still, they are 500-1000 triangles more detailed than the maximum ESF model should be. The ESF team is getting the most out of their specs.

Though it was fun to squeeze the SOS guys textures onto one 512x512 ;)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe thats why i said "no offence" but...yea, not everyone, i mean those who have complainments

Best answers
What is SOS anyway?
and those who are complaining.. All i gotta say is, your damn lucky these models are even here for the use of this community.

Just enjoy what ya got, dont ***** about it.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
God Gundam said:
One last thing: Element4q2 you did a good job on rigging, but I might rerig it since you missed a few bones in when you rigged it. Like the foot bones and ssj gokus hair wasnt rigged at all. No offense, not doin cause i think im better or anything, just want to fix it so the animations work properly and all. cause it looks funny when his foot doesnt bend when it should <_<

Anyways, thats all i wanted to say.

-God Gundam
Yeah, like i said it was just a quick rig in between my varsity classes so i didn't have too much time to reproportion/reposition everything that needed to be (e.g. the legs on ESF Goku's skeleton are longer than NeD's Goku model)
hence the problems with the hands/feet. If you're keen to redo/fix them then thats great, i'm sure it'd satisfy those who werent happy :)

G
no, i think what hes saying is that he rushed it a lil, and if sum1 else wnats to fix it then go ahead

Best answers
woah those look good ingame, i thought hl would wash out those textures. yea its a pity esf wouldn't take these in as official, i think they add a polish that esf hasn't touched base on yet.

Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
as you seem to be good in making a trunks, why dont try a Armor trunks (A)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm animating goku and trunks battling it out and i managed to capture an image of the movie WIP... this is the image of frames you will see before he makes his ssj transformation...

just a little teaser...

all credits to NeD for the model and letting me make a movie out of them.

Best answers
TCiccarelli said:
woah those look good ingame, i thought hl would wash out those textures. yea its a pity esf wouldn't take these in as official, i think they add a polish that esf hasn't touched base on yet.
because these models where made for SOS, in the style of SOS. NeD is undoubtably a talent modeler/skinner but as the models neither fit polycount restrictions nor skeleton restrictions they shouldnt even be considered for offical ESF content. And more importantly if they just shoved any models from the community that they liked into ESF wtf is the point in a dev team.

P.S sweet ice man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom