Goku and Trunks for download.

Best answers
Can anyone give me a simple installation process for these models? I've never really been bothered to mess around with them.... But these are too good to pass by :D !

Good job NeD.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do u wanna see sometin like this?
http://img101.exs.cx/img101/6831/goku.jpg

But a Goku with new anim?
And Wonderfull sprites with kewl effects?
;9 answer with yes or No!
Im Bored! because My project with tweek and Chireru goes down :(
;) good joby for good modly!

Best answers
That looks sexy.

I think I got the model replacement done. *Hopes and checks*

NeD

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Eh the goku needs more work. the only thing i see wrong with trunks is the hands. and the sword

goku needs to have baggier and wider go toward the bottom of the pants. fix the hands the ssj hair is all wrong. other then that they are good

Best trunks i have seen so far, 2nd best goku
You need to expain yourself more clearly. What is wrong with Trunks' sword? the actual model, or the way it is held in his hands. If it's the way it's held I had nothing to do with that.

You have to realise that I have my own custom rigs for these models where the fingers and everything else deform just perfectly. However when it has to fit the esf skeleton i can't guarantee that.

Secondly, i've noticed from the screen shots that in game there is definately a nice amount of perspective being added on, which can warp the way the models are seen.

Also i think you need to take a better look at Goku, as his pants aren't as baggy as you seem to think they are.

The only issues are the limitations of half-life. If it could support better quality color textures, and it was easy to have lots of bone setups there wouldn't be any problems. That's not something you fix on the model.

I think Element4q2 has done a fantastic job working with the ESF skeleton and applying it to the models. In another engine, sure it would probably look better, but for Half Life i think it's as good as you are going to get.

Anyway

Thanks for the screens imkongkong! Keep them coming everyone! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm....
I need to agree with NeD!
Look at m pic above!
There u can see... that the skeleton is not matched to the model.... Because to make that...u need to redo a new skeleton or just move the joints around!
Like NeD Said Element4q2 has done his job well! But to have it in game better u need to do Good animations!

The animations of darktorth are only for the original Goku! So if somebody will help me in my project! So please call!

*URGH! Suckkey Engley!*

Best answers
wow!
i love u!!

i remmeber thinking to myself
boy i wish they were fo esf

u made my littel dream come true :))

10x ned and Element4q2 for a great job

PRJ

Best answers
Your model really rocks to play with in ESF :D!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blah, Ok here is what I'm saying:

For Trunks: One fix the hand animations, you already know that, like they bend backward, looks bad

Two when trunks is idol his hand goes inside the bottom of the sword.

Three when be blocks his hands how into his chest and into his hands.

Four either sometimes I'm not seeing the sword or sometimes he doesn't use it. Like If i do the more advanced combo, sometimes i see it, others i don't, i hardly do see it. Other then that really the model is the best trunks model i have seen thus far.

Goku: Again the hands you already know about that, the SSJ hair is all wrong. The front is good it's when looking from behind i just have to say "god no" that "big" piece of his hair comes out from the back of his head, not the left side on the top.

Also his pants are wrong, like i said before they should be baggier, like they should get wider as they go from the waist down. Right now they look like some emo kick would wear. just not as tight. It doesn't look loose, other then these minor errors (some are in my own opinion mind you) these modesl are very good.

NeD

Best answers
All the 'errors' which you have brough up (other than goku's pants and ssj hair- which personally i don't agree with) are problems that have come up from using the ESF skeleton. Not an actual problem with the model, so I can't fix that. Also i didn't know that the hands bent backwards, i don't have ESF :)

Otherwise i would have converted the models for esf myself :)

anyway, moving swiftly on :)

Best answers
Needs Work

I just played with each of the models I give the Normal and SSJ Trunks models an A- because the fingers look dumb and there is a hole in the back of his head when you are SSJ BUT THATS IT. And I give the Goku model a C+ becasue the model looks so corney from behind I think the cloths need to be more detailed for both Normal and SSJ(mostly on the back), the Normal hair needs to be fixed from behind lol it looks so dumb(looks like a hat) and he needs to be buffer hes too skinny. But both of the models faces are PERFECT

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
TryForce said:
Do u wanna see sometin like this?
http://img101.exs.cx/img101/6831/goku.jpg

But a Goku with new anim?
And Wonderfull sprites with kewl effects?
;9 answer with yes or No!
Im Bored! because My project with tweek and Chireru goes down :(
;) good joby for good modly!
Thats awsome man.Heres a tip which you may already know but Im gonna tell you anyways.The mouths are animatable.Right NeD?So all you have to do TryForce is to animate them ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... then i have to set a skeleton.... but i allready done a new Deep_idle.smd !
well then il do it ^^
And sprites will coming then too!
But itll take long time! Because i havent many time to work!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make sure that the new skeleton bones names match on the ones used for blending animations together, or else you may find your animations useless, all of em

Best answers
Some are going to love 'em, some are going to hate 'em. Personally, I don't know how to compliment you enough NeD, you did an amazing job to me.

But what matters most is about how YOU feel about them. I hope you are content with the models you have produced. There is nothing anyone can produce that will get a 100%, because there will always be other people with other opinons. Therefore, you can't let negative comments deter your feelings for your work. (Note that criticism is a differnet issue, you should decide whether you agree/disagree with criticism)

Overall, I think the opinions on the models should be dropped if NeD is satisfied, because I don't think he'll be changing any of them. All I can do is hope other ESF models are made just as sharply to match up to the quality of the new Goku and Trunks.

NeD

Best answers
I couldn't agree with you more. I think you've really hit the nail on the head. In the end it is my decision. :)

Nothing is ever perfect, NOTHING, but there is only so far you can go before you need to start from scratch again. I'm not there with these guys yet. Maybe in a year I'll update them, but for now they will have to do :)

I'm just more annoyed at people who blame ME for things (example why goku's hands look better ingame than Trunks' - or whatever). These are not things in my control, but rather happened as a result of putting the characters on their respective ESF skeletons, which i didn't do.

If someone else wants to do custom skeletons to address those issues, then by all means go ahead, i released the models as fun tools to play around with, skin, animate etc...

Obviously some people will be happy, some won't

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, that's where you're wrong. It should be. Some people are ignorant, and some are not.

If the "ignorant" people took the time to atleast read this thread, they would notice it was not Ned who rigged the models, but Elementq4u2.

Nice models btw. ;) thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom