Gohan - Back and ass kickin' model ;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woot i saw you logging on this afternoon haha :d good to have you back man we mist you i see the vacation did you allot of good it now looks realy good

Best answers
Recently I've been playing with render and materials in 3ds max and this what I found !!! (This is sic render for me anyway ;))

And this IS normal Gohan :) Proof???

look at the back hairs in these pictures...

On some pictures I saw also diffrent hair type on the back, but I've decided to make'em that way.

Hehhhee

Just started SSJ1 version, screens soon :D

Best answers
that cel shading looks a little......strange......u sure u did it right?

Best answers
Nice model dude :)
realy nice
cant waitr for this release ..
keep it up !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normal Gohan has two hairs (one large, one small) hanging over the fringe. SSJ has the same but gold. SSJ2 has one large gold hair spike hanging over the fringe. Mystic has the same but black. Therefore this model is Normal and/or SSJ when the skin is applied.

Ravven said:
Just started SSJ1 version, screens soon
Unless you're referring to the skin, there's no need to make a SSJ model for Gohan as you can just reskin the Normal Model. And for SSJ2 you just need a few basic hair changes, which can then be reskinned for Mystic too.

Best answers
TRSS -> this not cell shading, ;) it's just toon shade with falloff material in max... :D im still going to contact you to learn how to cell shade, or i p.m. you

Ravendust -> as I said I started SSJ1 :D version and I don't like to leave uncompleted models ;) (my Gohan as an example )

So I finished SSJ1 version, tell me what do ya think of it:

zoom at the hair

and here's pic I used mostly as reference ;)

Crit & Com & Draws welcome !!! Especialy drawovers!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My main gripe is the eyes. They seem too wide and square. Aside from that I can't really crit it. Good job! :yes:

Best answers
I'm going to change them with skin. I made them just for previews :devgrin:

EDIT: Ohh and btw. My model's right body part is mirrored. Is it possible to clone it and connect all edge vertex in the middle at one time?? You know this thick line in the middle of model is killing me ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya if you apply the symetry modifier to one half you can get rid of that line

Best answers
Wow, pretty good for your first model.

Offtopic:
DarkSniper, that car in your sig it's pretty good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or, you could delete one half, remirror the other as a copy instead of an instance, and then right click - attatch, and weld all the verts down the center.

Best answers
That’s no cellshade and glossiness and specular shade
Hmmm put more effort to it man. Watch closely how the face really looks. You can find some good refs when Gohan fights Super Buu.

And yeah like DarkSniper told you go in the polygon mod, deleate one half then add a symmetry modifier. Move the mirror axis X Y or Z to your preference. Also be sure to have the weld seam checked or it will not automatically weld once you collapse the modifier list.

Good luck

Best answers
i dont like that that 2 hairs a so down they look like they will fall of his head can u make it more up

Best answers
Hi guys! Sorry for really slow progress. I just want to make this gohan purfect so i'm taking my time with it. I made some major and minor tweaks over body, face and hair. I think that Normal and SSJ versions are complete:

I made some pics so you could compare SSJ and Normal Hair, so tell me what you think? Crits & Comments & Drawovers welcome ;)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Curse the hair!!!

Look in the middle picture... Gohan's head looks fat right?
I can't explain how the back of the head is done apart from "not so wide"...

If you look at the head and think its fat.. try to slim it down and post what you get :)

Best answers
Jayster said:
Curse the hair!!!
What about the rest?? ;) Body, clothes, muscles?? :)

I just don't have idea what are you talking about? O_O Could you make for me drawover?? Could you search for gohan pics and than show me the diffrence?? ;)

Best answers
the folds r kind of jagged, the hair looks hard, the muscles look ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom