[Old PotW] GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, I still would like a video showcasing all the bugs and not yet added features.

And yeah, I like the hud but that particular color green reminds me more of puke than technology. It has to be like a circuit board shade of green, if not another color like blue.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Seriously, I still would like a video showcasing all the bugs and not yet added features.

And yeah, I like the hud but that particular color green reminds me more of puke than technology. It has to be like a circuit board shade of green, if not another color like blue.
+1
You right man i don't like that olive green the normal green is fine but the olive is bad except that everything is awesome and i like blue too Lol

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Will the manual be in-game or will there be some link to it ingame?

e: Baaja's suggestion works
There were plans for something along those lines.

You have 16,563 posts, the vast majority of them come from helping people who haven't read the manual. No one reads the manual, and it's bad game design assuming people will do so.
Yea but thats the forum. Ive probably said about an equal amount of RTFMs ingame ^^

I remember one time i was ain a server full of new people. And when i told them to read the manual and where it was, only 1 person did it while the others pretty much said their "**** yous" Funny thing was that once that guy was back in the server 5 minutes later, he was already playing a lot better than the others kicking ass and taking names type of deal ^^

That was about the time i started laughing my ass off. In any case the manual needs to be made more accessible. Especially since we have our whole video configuration utility outside of the game. Hopefully we can use STEAMs browser to link to loacal files, and have it as an option from the main menu.

Other than that there were quite a few ideas. Including tooltips ingame.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about instead of changing the colors to something that would be good for mostly everyone, you added an option in the XML tool or something so you can change the color to whatever you want yourself? I could see the current HUD looking pretty nice with mostly any color, so I think it would be cool if you had an option for something like that.

--- edit ---

As a side note (again), the flash(?) manual that was used for 1.0 was pretty ******* awesome. I think it would be cool if you guys did something like that again. Maybe release the manual a few weeks before the final release like you guys did before with that manual, too?

I remember the tooltip discussion we had, I still think something like that should be added to the game as well. Would be pretty informative imo.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were plans for something along those lines.

Yea but thats the forum. Ive probably said about an equal amount of RTFMs ingame ^^

I remember one time i was ain a server full of new people. And when i told them to read the manual and where it was, only 1 person did it while the others pretty much said their "**** yous" Funny thing was that once that guy was back in the server 5 minutes later, he was already playing a lot better than the others kicking ass and taking names type of deal ^^

That was about the time i started laughing my ass off. In any case the manual needs to be made more accessible. Especially since we have our whole video configuration utility outside of the game. Hopefully we can use STEAMs browser to link to loacal files, and have it as an option from the main menu.

Other than that there were quite a few ideas. Including tooltips ingame.
That's fine and dandy, but having a manual is no excuse to not make the game more new player friendly.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about instead of changing the colors to something that would be good for mostly everyone, you added an option in the XML tool or something so you can change the color to whatever you want yourself? I could see the current HUD looking pretty nice with mostly any color, so I think it would be cool if you had an option for something like that.
The HUD is made out of images. So technically wed have to create HUDs in different colours, and have them up for selection.

That's fine and dandy, but having a manual is no excuse to not make the game more new player friendly.

As said, nothing against a HUD thats on by default and aimed specifficaly at explaining what different stats are. Just dont expect it to be all to well looking with a lot of cramped text ^^

Im also all for an ingame tutorial or using the STEAM browser to link to local files with video clips and what not. But in the end it depends on the player. ESF is unlike other games. General gaming experience does not really sit well, when you have to learn something this different from your standard library.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it'd be too cramped, you'd just need to make the hud slightly bigger.

Best answers
I thought this hud was ight, the one shown in the "quick glimpse..." video was awesome. That one it actually said, "Transform" instead of cf

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just add a "Tutorial" button in the main menu and explain stuff there, in-game... People WILL press it.

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Nice Potw.

Yep, Tutorial button in the main menu <<.

And if it's possible, when you start the game (first time) show you something that suggest you to do the Tutorial mode, like TF2 (?)

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
@HLEV: nice idea!
@POTW: God damn yes charge it!!! :D
nice potw

Best answers
Having the health number in text in the health bar and the PL number in text in the ki bar is somewhat inconsistent.

Perhaps having more detailed textual information in the scoreboard would be a good way to explain stuff. E.g.:
Health: 600/700
Power (PL): 700,000
Current Form: Super Saiyan, Ki use 10/s, perfect transform at 811,000
Next Transform: Super Saiyan 2, requires PL 1,000,000; PL gain in Super Saiyan required: 200,000
Energy (Ki): 400/1000
Stamina: 600/1000

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Having the health number in text in the health bar and the PL number in text in the ki bar is somewhat inconsistent.

Perhaps having more detailed textual information in the scoreboard would be a good way to explain stuff. E.g.:
Health: 600/700
Power (PL): 700,000
Current Form: Super Saiyan, Ki use 10/s, perfect transform at 811,000
Next Transform: Super Saiyan 2, requires PL 1,000,000; PL gain in Super Saiyan required: 200,000
Energy (Ki): 400/1000
Stamina: 600/1000
Sounds good, but perhaps only accessable to the people on the same team. E.g, player 1 from Evil team cannot see the info of Player 2 from Good team, but Player 3 from Good team can see Player 2 info.

If everyone could see it, it could be exploited, IMO.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well with the new scoring system the PL gained is displayed in the scoreboard, but i like that idea hars. Having your personal stats in detail at the bottom of the scoreboard sounds like a nice idea.

As for the inconsistent part ^^ It's been like that ever since i can remember.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so just do a topic named: things we never get:p

atleast some of the newer pics.....as it seems atleast
Yeah let's constantly go to this site every week looking for new pictures/content, but complain about the game and make it a mission to say something about it never coming out in every one of our posts. Wow, that is so logical! I wish I could live a day in the mind of LSSJ!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom