GFX Card question

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi there.

I was wondering if its possible to use 2 GFX Cards in 1 PC.

Im using an good GFX Card(PCI-E) but it doesnt have an TV-Out.
Then i have an older GFX Card(AGP) with an TV-Out.

Now i was wondering is it possible to place the older AGP card in and just use the TV-OUT ?

or does it damage the PC ?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are mainboards that come with both AGP and PCI-E (Such as the asrock 939dualSATA-2). I don't think it should be an issue (assuming how some users ran dual screens off an older AGP card for primary and a PCI card for their secondary screen, however since Iv'e never owned or played with such a mainboard featuring slots for both PCI-E and AGP I could be wrong, not that there is a need for it anyway since most cards ship with two outputs consisting of one DVI and VGA or Dual DVI and that tv out is common with most gfx cards that are shipped today), however It depends if that system also has a AGP slot, which most boards shipped with PCI-E don't because AGP is an obsolete platform (with newer AGP cards using bridge chip since they are natively PCI-E cards).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Man i was waiting for =O.

So i can place them both in without an Prob. Cause my Board has both Slots.
If something happens i dont think it would ruin everything then.
So i gonna place the card now. ^^

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you should be able to do so, if you have the ASROCK mobo with both a PCI-E and AGP 8x, it has a driver for running a quad screen, panoramic monitor setup.

Best answers
YOu could insert the card in your AGP slot and utilize its features.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
In my MP3/Win98 Box, I have a Geforce 3 Ti500 AGP and a Voodoo 2 PCI in Sli-Mode. Only problem is, that all 3 cards cant work together in a game, but that wasnt my intentions of the set-up. I use the Geforce to Play all my Direct X and Open-GL games while I use the 3dfx cards to run the older 3dfx only games :) plus the geforce has more pretty features. So yes, you can have both cards in the one system! And no It wont damage your computer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom