General random 1.2 melee question

Best answers
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I know you forum admins are like Vegeta when it comes to closing posts :)

Just a simple question, when characters are thowing their punches and kicks, will there be sound effects for the character thrusting their arms and legs in the air hitting the enemy, and/or will the character verbally show hes attacking like the 'hoyohyohyohyoho' they do while punching like maniacs on the show? :smile:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just a sound for punches and kicks. I may be wrong, but i think there's atleast 2 sounds for missing a punch/kick and a sound for a hit.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting... I never really listened for it while I was testing... um.. I think there are only sound effects for punches and kicks missing and hitting. I'll double check when I get home though.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the most part, there are sounds for everything. pre-punching, hits, misses, different sounds for weak, medium, and strong attacks during melee, throwing. There are amazing sounds for everything.

Freedom is God.

Best answers
Ah wonderful, but just on the side- is there any speetch while doing combos?
not like speaking but like the sound the character makes with his mouth, hard to describe, like pain sound from being hit, or attack sound, I cant describe this without sounding totally stupid so I'll just be out with it. Like when uh lets say Goku punches sombody hard and its followed by a sound verbaly like 'UHH!' -yes alot of kiddies and preteens will get the wrong idea from that crap description, best way I can say is watch two characters fight and listen to the voice sounds they make while fighting and struggling

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Genesis said:
Ah wonderful, but just on the side- is there any speetch while doing combos?
not like speaking but like the sound the character makes with his mouth, hard to describe, like pain sound from being hit, or attack sound, I cant describe this without sounding totally stupid so I'll just be out with it. Like when uh lets say Goku punches sombody hard and its followed by a sound verbaly like 'UHH!' -yes alot of kiddies and preteens will get the wrong idea from that crap description, best way I can say is watch two characters fight and listen to the voice sounds they make while fighting and struggling
No speech during combos (luckely, *remembers all the shouting in dbz* :rolleyes: )

Best answers
Ah alright thanks, atleast you know what I am talking about lol :)

Sound Artist
Best answers
There's no voice during melee, *yet*. I wanted to add some for 1.2 but it's best to wait until all the combos are in.

PS. There's 3 punching sounds for, weak, medium, and heavy attacks and 3 kicking sounds for weak, medium, and heavy attacks. Along with 3 different missing sounds, a sword slice, prepunching, presword, and a sword sound when you gib someone.

Best answers
Voices would sound great, and could make that little difference of making it feel alot more dbz :)

Best answers
Yeah I know what ur talking about... the sound goku(example) makes when he fights, like "yaaaaaaaaahhh" lol

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well lets just see what 1.2 brings us and sugest the mising stuff for 1.2
(CANT WAIT JUST 8 MORE DAYS TILL 1.2 GETS OUT) {faints of excitement :D}

Best answers
yes^^
and DBZ is ja some kind of martial art style;)so you can take some example form Karate and Kung Fu^^
that would be cool

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
really, voices such as grunting would make the game annoying to play with sound. One thing I dont like about anime is all the noise thats coming out of the characters mouth (such as when they are suprised "ahhh ah ahhh uh uhhh ahhh ahhh") annoying!

Best answers
SSFT said:
really, voices such as grunting would make the game annoying to play with sound. One thing I dont like about anime is all the noise thats coming out of the characters mouth (such as when they are suprised "ahhh ah ahhh uh uhhh ahhh ahhh") annoying!
Thats what makes it Dragon Ball Z! :)

Best answers
Exactly, if half of the fight isint taunting or grunting it just isint anime. Is there any way of a user adding these sounds in?

Best answers
I guess you could scream down voice chat, you know- go REALLY over the top

'HUHUHUHUHUHUHUH, TAKE THIS AND THIS Esfnoob!!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom