General forum related question.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. Unban everyone and give them one last chance. It would be as close to normal as it can ever get.
This might sound harsh, but everyone except Damaera, that guy was banned and unbanned a thousand times. The reason he's gone is different to those who made one stupid **** up with account sharing and general retardation. Damaera has had enough "one last chances" to last a lifetime. Good riddance. Prozac, Eon and Sub? As actual decent contributing members I believe they deserve to come back.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This might sound harsh, but everyone except Damaera, that guy was banned and unbanned a thousand times. The reason he's gone is different to those who made one stupid **** up with account sharing and general retardation. Damaera has had enough "one last chances" to last a lifetime. Good riddance. Prozac, Eon and Sub? As actual decent contributing members I believe they deserve to come back.
If we want to go to the stage before all this mess happened, Damaera will have to get unbanned as well. The reason Sub and Prozac got banned, was him, even if indirectly so.

But hey, if he gets banned this time, they could ban the word Damaera, and actually get away with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Damaera does get unbanned, I demand that everyone be allowed to flame him without fear of consequence. That'd keep him in line.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Oh! Oh! I'll get the torches!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't be cheap, we can spring for napalm. It is Dam, after all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If we want to go to the stage before all this mess happened, Damaera will have to get unbanned as well. The reason Sub and Prozac got banned, was him, even if indirectly so.

But hey, if he gets banned this time, they could ban the word Damaera, and actually get away with it.
Negative, Ghostrider. Seeing as how he contributes absolutely nothing, unbanning him does nothing to create an environment conducive to merry times.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Negative, Ghostrider. Seeing as how he contributes absolutely nothing, unbanning him does nothing to create an environment conducive to merry times.
You think Proz and Sub are gonna go down easy?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you on about, honeychild?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub didn't make the thread to begin with and I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the same is true of Prozac. Dam made the threads himself both times using their accounts. So no, Sub won't be remaking anything and if Prozac decides to do it all over again, he'll get rebanned. Big whoop.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh then, I say, meh.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hmmm so if something like this happens again, they will get banned again and then new threads will pop up demanding to lift the ban so we will have to begin from the start.

Actually I don't mind if they stay banned or not. It's not even my job. If the forum's admins think that they should stay banned then everyone has to accept it and move on

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm so if something like this happens again, they will get banned again and then new threads will pop up demanding to lift the ban so we will have to begin from the start.

Actually I don't mind if they stay banned or not. It's not even my job. If the forum's admins think that they should stay banned then everyone has to accept it and move on
Negative. The only reason there's an issue with it now is because it was so goddamn out of the blue. If they were to do it again, after receiving a reprieve, it would no longer be an aberration, but willful stupidity.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, we want them unbanned because (for me at least) it seemed like a very harsh overreaction to a (admittedly stupid) series of actions. If we assume that they come back and do the exact same thing again. They will lose the support of everyone who wants them back. As that's purely idiotic and deserving of the consequences.

Damaera on the other hand, he's had many chances to prove he's not an idiot and failed them every time. Bringing him back is not going to change anything.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dear Prozac/Sub
For now, you have been unbanned. Just a reminder that this might change after the forum meeting this weekend. But at least you can share your side of the story:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread...ling&p=1008872
And I'm back. I noticed people were wondering what was going on, so I guess I might share my point of view. I recently made a thread called "General forum related question" in which I stated I'm not too happy with how things are going. Nothing really came from that thread, atleast not from my perspective.
So when Sub + Eon got banned, two major icons on these boards, I thought I could jump on the bandwagon and get banned too, to make a statement, to show my unhappiness, maybe cause a bit of an impact and most importantly get the people on top to start to talk about how the forum is being led. I know full well that my ban was hardly noteworthy compared to ripple Eon and Sub's ban caused, but I just had the need to do something, and this seemed like a good way to show how I felt.

Luckily, all this had the desired effect, for me anyway. The big players got involved. As everyone knows there will be, or has been, a meeting, regarding how the forum is run, Personally, all I want from it is consistency. I don't care if we have 200 admins, I just want them to be on the same line. What that line is, is up to them to decide. Just stick to the determined rules.

Me and Sub being unbanned is just another example of this. It's not like I didn't know the rules, I knew I was going to be banned for this. However, here I am, within a few days, back again. I know Sky probably meant to show a gesture of good will or something, but that doesn't change the fact I crossed the line. In all honesty, I should stay banned for a longer period of time. (Though I'd like to come back at some time ;))

In retrospec, it probably wasn't the best way of doing things, but I'd probably do the same thing again if I felt the need to do so.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac's ban will still be decided tonight at the meeting. He is not re-banned for any other reason.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy balls it's SM.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm good man, I just don't remember the forums being all crazy like this.
Well actually I kinda do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom