General forum related question.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This might be my imagination, but still, I'd like to it confirmed, or denied.

When I first joined this forum things were pretty straightforward. Making a insultive, spammy or just plain useless thread/post got you a "warning" and/or possibly a close.

These days it seems like post and threads are just blatantly being deleted. Again this might be my imagination, but more often then not, I notice a "bad" thread disappearing. As an old moderator, I know there are several positive reasons for allowing such threads to be viewed by the public.

Back in the olden days, when Cuc was crazy enough to let me moderate, we had a bucket'o'doodie which was specifically for insultive/PG 13+ threads. This ensured that over the top stuff was removed, but the "minor" stuff was around for everyone to learn, or be warned from.

I find it kind of eerie that today posts/threads get edited without consent and even deleted, if found necessary by someone.
Seems like some sort of shadowy government group is making stuff disappear for god knows what reason.

Again this might be my imagination, but if it's not. I'd like to have a reason as to why.

-The truth is out there- :p

*Names of government officials redacted
*Cucumba, Director of ESF Secret Police

Last edited by a moderator:
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Why do you make a thread out of this, PM'ing an admin or modgroup would be more straightforward, and saves us 5 seconds of reading your crap.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you make a thread out of this, PM'ing an admin or modgroup would be more straightforward, and saves us 5 seconds of reading your crap.
And ....what is your problem man? Chill.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
A legitimate question about the forum that other users could drop their input on? RIDICULOUS.
(****ing tool)

Yea back when Greg was the webmaster he didn't like too many things being deleted. I still love watching how Skyrider would actually take the time to edit the name Guyrider in all the posts, it's just so cute to imagine someone getting worked up over it and rage-editing posts.

Basically when you have winners like fuzzy (lol anyone take this guy seriously yet?) and sky running a place anything can happen.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A l ot of the spam threads should definitely be stopped, there have been quite a lot lately. That being said, outright deleting them is not cool.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A l ot of the spam threads should definitely be stopped, there have been quite a lot lately. That being said, outright deleting them is not cool.
Especially when Jason wasn't even spamming. Trust me, he was being sincere, as difficult it is to believe.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Especially when Jason wasn't even spamming. Trust me, he was being sincere, as difficult it is to believe.
^
This.

And so thats the reason I cant find jasons thread. hmmm

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
A legitimate question about the forum that other users could drop their input on? RIDICULOUS.
(****ing tool)

Yea back when Greg was the webmaster he didn't like too many things being deleted. I still love watching how Skyrider would actually take the time to edit the name Guyrider in all the posts, it's just so cute to imagine someone getting worked up over it and rage-editing posts.

Basically when you have winners like fuzzy (lol anyone take this guy seriously yet?) and sky running a place anything can happen.
Everyone is different Eon :). And I'm a bit different than Greg as I'm putting a bit more effort in the users (such as the chatbox). I can take a joke, I have no issues there. But when things don't stop when I kindly ask them to then the things are turning.

Also, Prozac. To which deleted threads did it lead you in creating this thread?

Last edited:
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Things are much more relaxed then they were under Greg. Oktagone policy used to include contacting your ISP to disconnect you for TOS breach. I personally succeeded 4 out of 5 times with that. The way things are supposed to be, a bad thread we don't want stinking up the place gets "soft deleted". It is still there, but no one without elevated priveleges can see it. When it is appropriately handled and or edited its released back into the wild or deleted as appropriate. As for undocumented edits, those are a nono, and should be reported to someone on the senior forum staff for appeal and review. That includes things that I do, Skyrider does, or Majin_You does . . . no matter how high up the chain (although Dev team decisions are final, we won't overturn them if they ask for a specific course of action.)

If you feel someone was wronged by the justice system in ESF, report the post, and the Senior Staff will take neccesary action or let you know why action isn't going to be taken.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Everyone is different Eon :). And I'm a bit different than Greg as I'm putting a bit more effort in clogging the forum (such as the chatbox). I can take a joke, I have no issues there. But when things don't stop when I kindly ask them to then the things are turning.

Also, Prozac. To which deleted threads did it lead you in creating this thread?
fixed. lolz

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just another example of how big government never succeeds. Stop taxing us!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just face it, you are jealous :p.
You're right. I desperately want to become the webmaster of a community of like 6 people.

However the administrator access to unlimited Cajun style fried chicken IS appealing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right. I desperately want to become the webmaster of a community of like 6 people.

However the administrator access to unlimited Cajun style fried chicken IS appealing.
His eyes are clearly green with envy.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a shame that I really haven't gotten an answer yet.
Stuff gets done differently, sure, but I don't get how putting more effort in a userbase relates to the inquiries I had. I'm also not saying that Greg had the right idea, or everything was handled correctly back in the Oktagone days. (I'm sure Greg is still in America hunting down kurt with an FBI warrant).

Cuc said:
he way things are supposed to be, a bad thread we don't want stinking up the place gets "soft deleted". It is still there, but no one without elevated priveleges can see it. When it is appropriately handled and or edited its released back into the wild or deleted as appropriate.
You're in no way obligated to answer, or even cooperate for that matter. I fully realize that I have no say over how things get done or how it should be handled. but this approach seems a clunky and nonfunctional at best.
Why hide that works get done? Showing you do your job, prevents others from crossing the line. (well, maybe not stop, but it inhibits non the less) Also, do you have an example of a thread were this way of doing things is applied? I'm not calling you a liar, but I find it hard to believe this gets put into practice.

Just to make this clear. I do not feel wronged by the moderators, or anyone else in this community, and the issue I'm having here isn't big, but honestly, I am actually a bit worried (for what's that worth for me, or you :p) with the way things are going. I'm mostly basing this on my own inactivity really, by which I mean that I don't frequently visit these boards, but still notice these things, which makes me assume it happens a lot more.
As you might of realized, I'm a big fan of playing everything in the open, and having things as transparent as possible.

Sadly enough, I don't really remember a specific thread/post were this happened because a) it tends to be unimportant (The incident, not the issue!) b) I'm really not that smart :p
Maybe someone else could share a little more regarding that.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has just been confirmed that it was Jason himself who deleted his own Thread. So no wonder the admins don't know what we are talking about.

What are we going to do with him?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It has just been confirmed that it was Jason himself who deleted his own Thread. So no wonder the admins don't know what we are talking about.

What are we going to do with him?
Being retarded isn't against the forum rules so uh...deal with it? Or use this wonderful tool called the "ignore" feature. (I wonder why half of you guys haven't put on me on ignore yet, I mean srsly guys)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being retarded isn't against the forum rules so uh...deal with it? Or use this wonderful tool called the "ignore" feature. (I wonder why half of you guys haven't put on me on ignore yet, I mean srsly guys)
I wasn't being serious. Heck, I like him, he's good at entertaining us.

Having a bad day? Just join steam chat and talk to Jason, you'll feel better. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom