Full powered attack stuns the player slightly

Best answers
Launching attacks such as Kamehameha so fluently seems so...not DBZ, right?

I think that if I were to power up a kamehameha wave to the max power after being beaten up, or being a bit low stamina, the player should then stop where he/she is and pant as if they are totally drained of energy (which they are!) after launching their attack. A brief stance of what their "signature move" will remain for a few seconds after performing such a ki-consuming attack, just like every time they perform one in the DBZ series.

An extreme example of what I mean would be:

[video=youtube;eg1bCXFLKdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1bCXFLKdY[[/video]

Skip to 2:45 to see exactly what I mean.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually a good suggestion for once.
Would make you think twice about blowing up half the map with a full powered big bang

And then there were none.
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The only problem, which I'm sure you are aware of, is that the stunned player would then get super melee spammed because most people don't have any theatrical flair. They would just see an opening and take it. But besides that, I think it's
an amazing idea.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dawn is right, is cool, but gameplay wise, it'll break the flow.

It'll end up making players ignore beams overall because it has a negative affect on them. Same for you, if you shot a full powered attack and another player started melee'ing you to death, it would be very annoying. You also have to remember, more than one player is allowed in a server. So third, fourth, fifth parties can always take advantage of your situation.

Stalwart Assassin
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It would make sense for the player shooting a massive attack to take a second to catch a breath, but as many mention, that would cause him/her to become too vulnerable...especially since it would occur too often. However, perhaps a more practical application for that idea would be for both characters to pause for a moment only after a massive powerstruggle?

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
perhaps a more practical application for that idea would be for both characters to pause for a moment only after a massive powerstruggle?
That would cause the exact same issue.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It would make sense for the player shooting a massive attack to take a second to catch a breath, but as many mention, that would cause him/her to become too vulnerable...especially since it would occur too often. However, perhaps a more practical application for that idea would be for both characters to pause for a moment only after a massive powerstruggle?
You do pause. You are out of KI and need to recharge.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
If you save enough. Especially in higher forms that can become an issue, since the form itself is draining your KI.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
If you save enough. Especially in higher forms that can become an issue, since the form itself is draining your KI.
I hope you are not planning to drain the KI too fast or transformations will just be annoying. Or the more you increase your PL the less KI it takes? Goku was able to eventually maintain his SSJ form for extended periods of time if not days/weeks for eg. when him and Gohan were preparing for the Cell fight they were eating, sleeping and just staying in SSJ form 24/7 .

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can do that. But there is still a drain.

As in when transformed, the higher the form, the more the drain to compensate for the stats boost.

Meaning you will no longer be able to simply stand round in SSJ form and still gain KI. Instead you will slowly loose it, so you will be forced to either recharge or descend.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That would further widen the gap between people who have low PL from joining the server, and people who have been playing for ages on the server. I don't see any reason why staying on a server for an hour should reap you benefits... This isn't an MMO, this is a third person action game.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
So how fast are we talking here? Lets say you just transformed. KI is at max level. Whats the ETA on the full drain assuming the character stands still on the ground. 2 minutes in SSJ, 1 30 in SSJ2 and 1 min in SSJ3?

I don't think that trying to fly across the map while transformed should make me have to Charge my KI as if I'm stopping for gas before I reach the other end of the map. That would make flying close the how unbearable it is right now IMO

PS: Oh there is another question I have been meaning to ask. Will the characters have a speed attribute? As in different flight speeds in different forms and maybe even fighting speed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom