Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FMA follows the manga untill they get into the prision complex, then it all goes redicuoulsy haywire, they never meet the ppl from xin, sloth and wrath are never introduced and they never go north to meet with col. armstrongs sister. it blows. ends way to early, and the final enemy is horridly wrong.
The original series was a good adaptation. They ran into the same problem as other series, but instead of just making filler and then continuing the story of the manga later, they took a different step in the plot. And I think it worked well.

I'm just excited now to see some of my favorite manga scenes animated.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The original series was a good adaptation. They ran into the same problem as other series, but instead of just making filler and then continuing the story of the manga later, they took a different step in the plot. And I think it worked well.

I'm just excited now to see some of my favorite manga scenes animated.
Wikipedia sourcing Arakawa says that she requested that the first series had a different ending as she didn't want it to repeat the story of the manga. I enjoyed the first series and I currently enjoy the manga and Brotherhood.

Besides, the original wasn't predictable and the ending of the movie was a serious shock. How far could fillers go in FMA anyway? The entire series is based upon the Elric Brothers travelling/learning and fighting against one main enemy.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So wait...if I remember correctly, the first series ended with
Edward going to the alternate reality or something, where there's no alchemy, and Al gets his body back, but loses all his memories of what happened in the first place, but hes in the original reality. Then the movie takes place right after that, and then ending with both of them ending up in the reality with no alchemy..

So now this new series doesn't have anything to do with the old series or movie?

Best answers
Edward going to the alternate reality or something, where there's no alchemy, and Al gets his body back, but loses all his memories of what happened in the first place, but hes in the original reality. Then the movie takes place right after that, and then ending with both of them ending up in the reality with no alchemy..

So now this new series doesn't have anything to do with the old series or movie?
this is why you should read the manga, THE ANIME IS ****ED IN THE ASS WITH BULL**** FLAVORD SHARP STICKS. seriously man, the series hasnt even ended yet, the anime ended early FOR NO REASON, proubably some kind of argument on fillers or somthing. caus eafter section 13, the story completely changes, MAKES NO SENSE, and finishes early and has some random movie that is also FULL OF CRAP. see what Al can do REALLY if you read the manga. that and ppl from XIN?!! the series if FAR from over, REALLY FAR. i hate the fact that the anime was awesomly done, but then at some point they chose to seperate and die. like a diabedic conjoined unformed twin... AKA "GUADO" (dethklok reference)

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

if you watch the anime you probubly dont even know alckemy uses ki... ;P SPOILER ALERT YOU PANZY NON MANGA READIN FOOLZ www.URLREMOVEDFORLICENSEDSERIES.com read and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best answers

It seems not. FMA:BH is following the manga, but I didn't find it interesting anymore. But after reading nihao's post, I checked the manga on onemanga.com, and yes, it was true, it does follow the manga. So I don't need to read the manga, I can watch FMA:BH instead. :p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is why you should read the manga, THE ANIME IS ****ED IN THE ASS WITH BULL**** FLAVORD SHARP STICKS. seriously man, the series hasnt even ended yet, the anime ended early FOR NO REASON, proubably some kind of argument on fillers or somthing. caus eafter section 13, the story completely changes, MAKES NO SENSE, and finishes early and has some random movie that is also FULL OF CRAP. see what Al can do REALLY if you read the manga. that and ppl from XIN?!! the series if FAR from over, REALLY FAR. i hate the fact that the anime was awesomly done, but then at some point they chose to seperate and die. like a diabedic conjoined unformed twin... AKA "GUADO" (dethklok reference)

Don't forget, they're brothers. I'd disappear from the face of the Earth if it meant saving mine. The anime was intended to be different from the manga, Arakawa didn't want viewers to be able to know the rest of the story.

I wouldn't really say it finished early either, 51 episodes is still a long time and nothing was left unturned.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Appart from the fact what Hoenheim is in reality ^^

Besides the manga getting borring?

No way. Its speading up to the final battle. And its on a scale of tanks and armies XD

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Appart from the fact what Hoenheim is in reality ^^

Besides the manga getting borring?

No way. Its speading up to the final battle. And its on a scale of tanks and armies XD
The last chapter was pretty intense.

They explored Hoenheim's origin in the anime, didn't they? Him and Dante messing with body jumping.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last chapter was pretty intense.

They explored Hoenheim's origin in the anime, didn't they? Him and Dante messing with body jumping.
Yea but thats now what Hoenheim really is.

Hoenheim is the philosopher stone with the power of half the soulds in the country where he met the original Homunculis called "Father" by the others. That Homunculis has the other half of the countrys souls and he created Envy and the others. Dante doesnt even make an aperance in the original ^^

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea but thats now what Hoenheim really is.

Hoenheim is the philosopher stone with the power of half the soulds in the country where he met the original Homunculis called "Father" by the others. That Homunculis has the other half of the countrys souls and he created Envy and the others. Dante doesnt even make an aperance in the original ^^
True. It's interesting that there's a town called Hoenheim on the France/Germany border.

They're basically two separate people then ^^.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

if you watch the anime you probubly dont even know alckemy uses ki... ;P SPOILER ALERT YOU PANZY NON MANGA READIN FOOLZ WWW.ONEMANGA.COM read and enjoy.
Jesus dude. Now I know where words like "Narutard" come from.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you watch the anime you probubly dont even know alckemy uses ki... ;P SPOILER ALERT YOU PANZY NON MANGA READIN FOOLZ www.URLREMOVEDFORLICENSEDSERIES.com read and enjoy.
I removed the link in your post as per our regulations concerning the posting of copyrighted material.

And alchemy uses ki? I've got most of the series so if you know what chapter mentions that, I want to check it out. Because as far as I know, Eastern Alchemy uses the flow of magma underneath the earth's crust to power it's Transmutations while in Amestris it's something much more sinister.

True. It's interesting that there's a town called Hoenheim on the France/Germany border.
Looking up the RL etymology of the names in the series brings up a lot of cool stuff. Amestris, the Elric's home nation, is named after the wife of Xerxes 1, king of Persia. And of course Xerxes in the series is a fallen empire mentioned more than a few times. I always thought that was an interesting relationship between the two names of the countries. All of Mustang's subordinates(including himself) are named after Japanese aircraft used in WW2.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking up the RL etymology of the names in the series brings up a lot of cool stuff. Amestris, the Elric's home nation, is named after the wife of Xerxes 1, king of Persia. And of course Xerxes in the series is a fallen empire mentioned more than a few times. I always thought that was an interesting relationship between the two names of the countries. All of Mustang's subordinates(including himself) are named after Japanese aircraft used in WW2.
That's pretty interesting. I can't find any origins about the Elric Brother's names though...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Blah gotta wait til the 21st for the 12th episode :]

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blah gotta wait til the 21st for the 12th episode :]
I know, it's hard. I watched all of FMA within a few weeks and most of the other stuff I watch is ancient, I'm not used to weekly TV shows.

The last episode wasn't too special. I liked the human life and remembering speechs Ed made.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know, it's hard. I watched all of FMA within a few weeks and most of the other stuff I watch is ancient, I'm not used to weekly TV shows.

The last episode wasn't too special. I liked the human life and remembering speechs Ed made.
Same here. =\

Best answers
Well the End from FMA wasn't bad at all and the Movie was the best anime Movie i've ever seen. Brotherhood has better graphics and animation but I kinda liked the OST's from FMA more...
Now I really wanna see how the original story ends.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the End from FMA wasn't bad at all and the Movie was the best anime Movie i've ever seen. Brotherhood has better graphics and animation but I kinda liked the OST's from FMA more...
Now I really wanna see how the original story ends.
While the manga seems to be drawing near to a conclusion. Its not finished yet. So who knows how itll end XD

Best answers
Yea I know the manga isn't finished either... So how far is manga from Brotherhood?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea I know the manga isn't finished either... So how far is manga from Brotherhood?
Well if you ask me the manga is drawing in to a close.

The final battle to take over Centrall is under way for allready a few chapters now :)

Oh yea MAJOR SPOILER!!!
And the majority of the homunculi are allready dead/defeated including Envy, Glutony, the guy acting as King Bradley and that gigant lazy ass guy, allso they killed off Kimbley and it seems in the last chapter Hoenheim and Father ducked it out quite a bit whilst Eds and Als teacher saved the asses from the Armstrong siblings and a bunch of soldiers beeing attacked by artificial creatures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom