Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the second FMA series started today and I guess it will be subbed and broadcast by funimation 4 days after it airs in japan i guess. But it has already been subbed and released by Shinsen-Subs in 720p widescreen :D.

I just finished the first episode and I'm kinda confused. I'm not sure exactly where it fits in with the old anime. They said something about canceling their trip to Lior to take care of the mission they were given in this episode so my guess is this series will fill in the gaps left by the other series but they will be somewhat "canon fillers".

Anyway, it was an awesome start for this new series and I hope it lasts as long as the other did. The animation quality has been bumped up quite a bit, it actually looked like another FMA movie at first glance. Not to mention it being available in 720p widescreen HD :love:.

I don't want to spoil anything so if you haven't seen it, then go watch it. If you have seen it then what did you think of it?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm curious too. I take it it's going to follow the storyline of the manga given that they've wasted no time showing Father but the Ice Alchemist is definitely a new character. We'll just have to wait to see. Then again, the manga also opened with them going to Lior, so we'll see just where this series takes us.

I'm excited for it.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Didnt they say the new series wont have any connection to the old one.

So Enix your confusion is irrelevant. There is no connection ^^

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Didnt they say the new series wont have any connection to the old one.

So Enix your confusion is irrelevant. There is no connection ^^
Nah, it has connections to the old one.

Either way, I'm not watching this until I finish the first series. Also, Enix not wanting to spoil anyone? What is this nonsense?! :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
From what ive seen. It has no connection other than the first series vaguely folowed some events in the manga. Like Lior for instance.

Other than that i see no connection betwean the 2. I only see a new start in thisone.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
From what ive seen. It has no connection other than the first series vaguely folowed some events in the manga. Like Lior for instance.

Other than that i see no connection betwean the 2. I only see a new start in thisone.
Well, from what I've been told, the 2nd series is in the middle of the 1st series, if you understand what I'm saying.

It'll also be more focused on the manga, too.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There was no middle part of the first season. It went a steady flow then branched off from the manga.

So far thisone seems to happen before they went to Lior. But i guess the second part will tell us exactly what it is.

Meaning if they redo Lior in the manga fassion or the anime fassion

As a side note. "Father" the original homunculus was shown in ep 1. That means the entire story of the first anime was ditched.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cant wait to watch it. Loved the first one.

Best answers
Just got done watching episode 1. I'm in love all over again. the first FMA was win, and I can tell this one will be too.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I've just seen it. It was amazing, that's all I can say.

I'm guessing it'll follow a new storyline, it differs too much from the 1st series or manga to follow them strictly.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this ep seemed like its before the manga. Since that starts in Lior.

But there are signs of it folowing the manga ^^

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this ep seemed like its before the manga. Since that starts in Lior.

But there are signs of it folowing the manga ^^
It could follow a what-if where the Elric Brothers don't go to Lior. I think they said something about not catching the train.

I really don't want it to follow the manga strictly, I don't want to be anticipating events.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea they missed the train and Ed was *****ing about no refund for the tickets so theyll have to buy new ones or something like that.

He did hint that they were only delayed ^^

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea they missed the train and Ed was *****ing about no refund for the tickets so theyll have to buy new ones or something like that.

He did hint that they were only delayed ^^
True. Lior may have changed in the 2+ days he wasn't there for. I doubt it, but it's entirely possible.

I'm glad to see Hughes again :p.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be sad to see him die again :cry:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be sad to see him die again :cry:
Yeah, no kidding, that hit me hard too :p I shouldn't admit it here, but I will. If I ever was to go to an anime con and cosplay, I would do Hughes. I can pull it off easily. Plus he's awesome

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Best supporting character in the series.

I'll only cry if Envy kills him... again.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This week's episode was cool. Packed up flashbacks that were spread around a bit more in the manga. Many of the scenes, especially the catalyst that starts the entire series, are picture perfect to many frames of the manga. That was pretty cool to see.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This week's episode was cool. Packed up flashbacks that were spread around a bit more in the manga. Many of the scenes, especially the catalyst that starts the entire series, are picture perfect to many frames of the manga. That was pretty cool to see.
That series of events always touch me. There did seem to be a hint it may follow the manga.

The reference to Xerxes being destroyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom