Freedom of Speech. You decide.

Best answers
btw when you mute somebody it mutes there text too...

y be against it? all you have to do is hit tab and click their name and wala they are on mute. there is no reason to be against it.. im pretty sure half the people that voted no for it dont even have a mic.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted against it...and I have a microphone.
Thats not enough of a reason.

Best answers
it should be a server option to have mic communication, i wouldnt use it to talk to my team, i would give them tips and just talk about the game.

Best answers
I voted NO. We dont need a bunch of people with "normal voices" to ruin the DBZ spirt in the servers.:rolleyes:

Best answers
the mic is a great idea, all those disadvantages are gone when you just mute those people so I say put it in the game

Best answers
Okey where are the pro's and con's to what i have seen in reply's:

Pro's: You can talk to your team mate's and warn then for an incoming attack if its not to late.

You can say you had a good fight with someone without being beaten to dead in the mean time.

Makes Role Playing a lot easyer

Con's: Idiot Nimrot 10-year-old-wanna-be-gokuu's screaming like there life depants on it.

People calling you cheater/lamer/scripter when your just better then them.

Getting a mass with the mute system (but i dont realy see this, but sonic boyster sead it so it must be there :p)

At your own input to this cuz saying "its great" and "it sucks" isn't gonna get us anywhere.

Best answers
im going to have to agree with ghostface..... those exact things do piss me off in the game.

pros :
1. better than typing
2. better team talk
3. u can heckle your opponents

cons :
1. lag (prolly not that much of an issue)
2. people saying your a hacker, ect... (u can always mute them )
3. high voiced 3 year old *****ing about anything

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after seeing you people fight back and forth... i dont have anymore opinions....
mute is good :D
but then there wont be a point of voicecom if you mute everyone in the game..

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a pretty good idea and if you don't want to heard inexperienced players screaming about... press TAB to show the score and click on a player to MUTE them... then you won't hear them anymore. Simple as that.

Best answers
Easy right??? then goddamnit put voice in ESF just mute nimrots and let good players be heard SIMPEL :\

Best answers
im with HSU and sonic boyster on this one, ESF is way to fast paced for voice chat to work. And in the modes where voice chat would have a legitimat use, it would be pointless since the focus of ESF is not team work but fighting. Unlike other HL mod like CS, DOD and NS there are no hosteges to rescue, flags to capture or enemy bases to destroy. Your objectives are just kill and not get killed, even in teamplay your are not rewarded for helping your teamates; so there is very little reasons to add this to ESF, since teamplay is not the focus. Sure you can argue that Capture the Dragon Ball mode could use this but even then that part of the mod is still months if not years from being complete, and thats IF the dev team still wants to do a CTDB. Sure you can mute the annoying people but you acctually have to do something to mute them, And how many people would you have to mute on a server just to make your ears stop hurting?

And besides if you want to chat -- log on to MIRC not ESF, its a game not a chat room.

Best answers
Actually....... you can use Voice Comm in ESF.
bind , +voicerecord
voice_loopback 1

Voila and believe me, it isn't really that bad.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i think its good but the team dont know how to mute people in it so they wont put it in

Best answers
To long quote was here now gone cuz sonic boyster sad so.

Best answers
@ golden saiyan : You stupid idiot ;( are you to lazy to read the
previous posts ! if i hear stupid noobs screaming KA ME HA .....
in servers then its your fault :\ ! I asked the moderators if I could
explain but they didnt answer so you just blab it out !

just edit your post now :S

Best answers
That would be cool to have the mic thing, it would help a person out if they are about to die and if sombody called for help you would be able to help them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ummmmmmm when you press tab to bring up the scores isnt it possible to click on players and mute them? i know ya can click on players and a little mic disappears but its been so long since ive played a HL game of any sort that i cant remember what exactly that does but if it does mute people then when the ten year old kids start yellin out kamehameha just mute the suckers and they can scream their heads off all they want:)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Change it NOW. ***** ***** * *********** ********!!! (I actually made those stars, just so ya know.) God damnit edit those out NOW! That includes your quote, Gogeta. I don't want these guys popping up on my servers. Not yet.

Best answers
I am completely against this, ive read all the pros and cons, thought about it strenuously and i have concluded that i hate voice com:p if people wanna do some team work, just go over to a team make and help him tackle his opponent:p i dont want to put up with anymore lag, especially cause im a 56k'er:p and i would like to listen to my playlist a hell of a lot more than people telling me there's a final flash trying to find a parking spot up my arse:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom