Freedom of Speech. You decide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not for or against it. It's kind of in the middle, because even with raving idiots, you can just mute. Then again, the way this game is played, it won't add to anything unless you just wanna know what someone sounds like.

It's true this mod has a teamplay mode; but do people care whether their team wins the map or not? No. All people care about is blowing other people up and transforming. Screw the guy next to you. If he dies, he can just come back, and if he helps you, well that's just interfering with your nice little fight. Deathmatch is deathmatch; teamplay can be considered deathmatch but with more of a chance on getting a 1v1. The mic has no tactical use. If you're in a PS where you actually have the time to shout "Help me!" then someone who isn't busy will probobly have already started helping you. Either that or your in a remote section of the map, and nobody will come at all.

There's really nothing to say in a mic other than brags, battlecries, and smalltalk. But I'm not saying that's a terrible thing; I just don't care whether it's in or not.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pros :
1. better than typing
2. better team talk
3. u can heckle your opponents :devgrin:

cons :
1. lag (prolly not that much of an issue)
2. people saying your a hacker, ect... (u can always mute them :))
3. high voiced 3 year old *****ing about anything

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my cousin is a vegeta wanna be..... hes 16 but you can still hear him at midnight going " FINAL FLASH "....

then again, there are commands to disable voice in some servers... so im up for it... the only problem i have is people screaming HACKERS , WHORES , and SPAMMERS at you.... but if the mute thing is still enabled then im happy :D

Best answers
like i said before you can mute so why is there any reason for it to be against it? dont want anybody hearing you high pitched voice? :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god no...

please god no....

u just know 99% of the people who use voice chat are 12 year old losers who scream profanities into there mics

Best answers
Come on Hibiki there arnt that many, but there are too much for my liking so i think ill follow Hibiki like a little lap dog on this one.

BTW, mic for teamplay in esf, as said game = too fast, mic for normal chat to everyone i like but (dramatic voice insert) but at what cost. "Haxor, you prick, neh melee is cheating". Just type when dead, i mean its not like you go 10 min without dieing. (dont answer that esf gods).

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Keep the mute function, then there's the best of both worlds.

Pretty damn easy really ;/

Best answers
Your all talking about Team Play and Not being able to warn your team mate about an incoming Final Flash. Thats bull your not going to warn your team mate, you have your own fight. But Voice Com can realy easy up the few Role Play games in ESF becauls typing a hole line of DBZ takes a while and if you just use VC you can just say it.

V'

Best answers
I've read all of these posts and I must say, we do not need voice chat. When I'm fighting I perfer to be left alone, although it is nice to help the people who are being twoed (is this even a word?) on oned.Telling them a spirit bomb is coming is easy in chat.All you have to do is bind one key to say "Omg theres a beam coming staright toward us.Get the hell away!" see its that easy.

Also, I don't feel like being yelled at by some kids who do not know what the hell there doing. I mean I get yelled at by most people without chat, yet adding this Voice com not only will irratate me , but also kill my ears. Every time I play well I have some ass who thinks I cheat,hack,wallhack, or (my favorite) wall-cheat-melee-combo hack. I do not want to hear these words ever said to me in game. Nor does anybody for that matter. Lag is not issue here.

The real issue here is people abusing the Voice com. This is threat, I hope you see it this way.

Best answers
I'm sorta goin the same way with Hitokiri here....

Voice chat could be good but only if you're playing something like a tourney or something.Other than that there's the issue Hibiki brought up....I wouldn't want to hear 5 people screaming into their voice coms to only 1 person.But of course there's a mute function,but they can still type....

And teamplay mode doesn't really play like teamplay mode,just a game with teams,very bad teams....

Best answers
according to the poll about half want it and half dont. As far as i can see tho the bad points outweight the good and thus proves the Team where correct to leave out voice chat except for the few small circumstances where good ppl can use it.

Jeezzz what dumbass started this post anyways o_o :p

Best answers
You can always ban the doughbags who think their goku or mute, who do kamehameha in the mic.. Those ***s LMAO.

Best answers
on second thought a voice comm in esf wouldnt be too good... theres WAY too many unresponsible ppl so they wouldnt take any consideration when using the mic... so i guess it should be left out even though i wouldnt mind it being in......

Best answers
I complatley agree with Sonic Boyster on this one. In a game like Natural Selection or Counterstrike voice chat makes the game way better, but in a fast paced action game like this it would be usless and annoying.

Best answers
Well........... I was in a good fight with someone and i won, but my HP was about 50 so not realy dead. All I did is say "Good Fight dude" and i already was dead becauls other guys where beating the crap out of me and Ki Blasting my ass of ;( now if i had Voice i could have sayed "Good Fight dude" whill kicking the next guys ass. I know there are alot of 10-year-old-gokuu-wanna-be's but there are also ALOT of normal-every-day-life-kinda-guys that just do this game for FUN!!! not if there life depents on it.

Best answers
Um i would have to say no..... dont feel like hearing some 8 year olds calling me a hacker and not only that but lissening to there anoying voice.... sorry but no

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats why we have a MUTE button......

and how would they know if you muted them? theyll just keep talkin into the mic... and even without voice com... they'll still type... so i dunno.... i don't really care anymore.. its not like i talk that much anyways

Best answers
I can talk with my mic in esf ! (its real simple) :p
but im not gonna tell you people without a moderaters
permission :yes:

and its very handy ingame becuz you can say "behind you"
to save your teammate ! and your ping stays the same :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You all talk about having a mute button, but if you're muting 3 of every 4 people screaming into the microphone it sounds like work. If you just turn it off, you may never know what your team mates are saying, since even the legitimate ones will be using the mic instead of typing out messages. It would just be a big mess.

BESIDES: There are tricks of the trade to unmute yourself from everyone on the server at the press of a button. I will NOT list them here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooooooo.... your talking about the thing that everyones gonna say.... i thought you were talking about noobs calling you whores and stuff....
i was gonna say just mute the people that don't shut up on the other team... and dont mute your team mates...... but then... looks like you were talking about the other people too

- Edit: aaaaaaaahhhhhhh nevermind

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom