Forum Changes? Part II

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Spoiler code has been added, simple use [spoiler]Your Text Here[/spoiler] to add your own spoiler box.
Hey Sky, Sicron demonstrated that the spoilers could be used for spam and unnecesary content (although it was sort of amusing).. would the forum rules need to be tweaked in order to prevent abuse of this new feature?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the "Do not spam" rule is more than enough. I just wanted to test the spoiler feature.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This
is
pretty
cool
but
easily
spammable
Mighty
Morphin'
Power
Rangers!

Best answers
I have an awesome idea! Add an option to turn off avatars of certain people. Maybe signatures too.

Advantage of this is that people can keep browisng the boards without getting disturbed or freaked out by certain other people's avatars, while still seeing the nice and fluffy avatars of others.

Or just remove Kain's avatar.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I have an awesome idea! Add an option to turn off avatars of certain people. Maybe signatures too.

Advantage of this is that people can keep browisng the boards without getting disturbed or freaked out by certain other people's avatars, while still seeing the nice and fluffy avatars of others.
If you want it so badly, link me to the plugin ;).

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are blue now? Try using the black skin and then try to read the title of a sticky. -.-
Alright, I changed skins and realized it's not that they're specifically blue, it's that they use the default color but bold text. It's not really a huge deal, but I think it's not necessary to separate them in that fashion since it basically looks like they all have new posts from just being bold. Stickies are already separated enough as is, why use a plug-in to do it even more?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Alright, I changed skins and realized it's not that they're specifically blue, it's that they use the default color but bold text. It's not really a huge deal, but I think it's not necessary to separate them in that fashion since it basically looks like they all have new posts from just being bold. Stickies are already separated enough as is, why use a plug-in to do it even more?
I actually tried to do a rainbow color, haha. But I guess it made it bold rather than rainbow ^_^.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do like the new quick reply features. It's nice to be able to close/sticky threads from the quick reply box without having to go advanced.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I do like the new quick reply features. It's nice to be able to close/sticky threads from the quick reply box without having to go advanced.
Indeed, I also like it. I kept the quick reply as small as possible though.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
To make it enjoyable more for everyone, I'll be working later on today / tomorrow on the black skin and I shall also reset the high scores in the arcade after I added more games in to it.

Best answers
- Separate Sticky and Normal Threads - (The name says it al)

This is the only one I have a problem with. Is this the one that made the stickies bold + green? I don't mind they're green, but can you unbold them so I know when someone has posted in that sticky?
That is really annoying me.But still,you can view the post date Lolar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still no intention of removing the sticky mark up? It serves no purpose (stickies already stand out) it's ugly and the bold is annoying.

Btw rainbow colors would be even worse.

The activity plugin should go too, IMO. It doesn't really do anything, other than fill the space below the avatar with stuff.

I hope this doesn't sound too rude, I really appreciate your efforts to make this a better place (as do others, I guess).

Spoiler tags=useful

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Done, it has been disabled.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there any way I can get rid of the potw / forum changes / arcade / etc. thing at the top?

With the black theme and that on, you can only see up to off topic without scrolling down.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't think the activity plugin has to go. If I remove that, the space below the avatar will get spammed with plain old text. Which I find, boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom