Forum Changes? Part II

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's taking up space. I could see the entire first section of the forum without having to scroll down before. Now I only see up to off topic. It adds nothing of value to the forum, it just wastes space.
You're complaining because you don't want to scroll down?

Holy ****.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I was. Before I could see up to force pit section and then it got changed so I could only see up to off topic. For a feature that added little (in my mind, I know sky loves it), I thought that was a little ridiculous. Keep in mind that the black skin took up more space than the white one and also keep in mind that i'm not complaining right now, merely explaining why I was yesterday.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes, I was. Before I could see up to force pit section and then it got changed so I could only see up to off topic. For a feature that added little (in my mind, I know sky loves it), I thought that was a little ridiculous. Keep in mind that the black skin took up more space than the white one and also keep in mind that i'm not complaining right now, merely explaining why I was yesterday.
Use IE instead of Firefox and your problem will be solved.

ZING!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Not wanting to be rude, but the black skin is WIP. You are using it with your own risks. This also includes more "space wasting". Btw, FireFox goes above IE.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the website needs more work. Screw the forums. Something like, but not necessarily the same as:

...would be super.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not wanting to be rude, but the black skin is WIP. You are using it with your own risks. This also includes more "space wasting". Btw, FireFox goes above IE.
It's been a WIP for a while. Has it even been changed in the last month or two?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably not. Not to sound rude, but Sky, you've been doing too many things at the same time. Plugins, fixes, themes, games etc. Finish one before starting another, things are getting a wee bit chaotic nowadays.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Honestly, I thought the black skin was disabled. Seems I slipped some of the options of the black skin, so I could finish it in peace without any hassle. I can't work on everything at the same time. Be happy the black theme was up without me knowing it for a while.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then start working on one thing at once...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Black skin!

We should totally have a poll what sky should do next...

btw, where's le chatbox?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You could thank a few people for that Kam. I've seen numerous of people talking about me and my "addon-crazy". as one said so.

Read from below to above.

Deverz : Black theme is broken D:
Deman : lol yea
Deman : so sky disabled it or so he says, then told me off for reporting it :/
Deman : I don't like the guy. I accept he now owns the license like Greg used to, but Greg didn't add a ****ton of useless features. Sure a couple good ones came out of it like this and threadbanning, but thats about it
Deverz : All the pointless ones are easy to ignore
Deverz : Sky's cool tho
Deman : :p
Spunky : I've known Sky for quite a while now, he's a good guy.
Spunky : He's just addon-crazy. Nothing wrong with that as long as we nudge him in the right direction regarding the addons he adds.
Deverz : Ya
Damaera : He's a good guy.
Damaera : I just don't like the way he's running the forums.
Deverz : He's running them just fine. He just ads alot of plugins
Davidskiwan : The forums are fine, as long as i can read posts and reply I'm happy
Deverz : Then dont use black ice atm:\
Deverz : My eyes burn :p
Davidskiwan : I wudn't i couldn't appreciate my sig in all its glory on another theme :(
Majin_Me : I'm glad I wasn't around when more useless **** was added to the forums, then disabled
LegendarY : Well, i don't know anything about Sky , but he seems like an ok guy.
LegendarY : Sure, he's an addon addict, but i'm not having any problems as long as i can read and post at the forums..
Majin_Me : i didn't say anything about anyone o_O
Majin_Me : I was talking about addons, not a person o_O
Majin_Me : I dont' know why people insist of fixing what's not broken
LegendarY : Woah, sorry - didn't see the timestamps. :p
LegendarY : Well, the useless **** is : new skin, announce box at the top of the forums, new smileys, stat bars
LegendarY : It's not really that bad to be honest , i rather like the announce bar, chat bar ( i always forget this here though, making me not talk here )
Damaera : Minus the first two, yes, those are useless.
LegendarY : I didn't mean it as in my opinion, just pointed out some of the stuff added for Majin_Me

As of now 95% of ALL plugins have been disabled, except for the image resize one. You guys want it like this, fine. I'm trying to the best for you guys, I even wanted to work once again on the black skin this week as it was broken. Greg never added so much effort on the forums and the community as I have (at least not when I was around the forums). And when I'm trying to be helpful to all of you guys, taking opinions, suggestions and other comments you guys give.. Yet some of you guys just talk to me like that. I do appreciate some of you guys at least said I'm oke / a good guy.. But if you guys complain so much about the plugins, I decided just to disable all of them. This also includes no more black skin. Why? Greg never added these stuff, now did he? So, lets return to where Greg left of the forums.. Nothing added, at all. Everything at default / standard and everything normal.

Deman : so sky disabled it or so he says, then told me off for reporting it :/
I disabled it because my last update to the skin bugged everything. Why would people use a skin that's broken?

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone ate angry-bix for breakfast

You know we love you sky :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Someone ate angry-bix for breakfast

You know we love you sky :)
From what I've seen, I don't completely agree with that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You know I at least love you! :D
Heh, thanks :p. And to let you all know.. I added mostly all the plugins not because I'm "addons freak".. If I would be, all the plugins that vb offered would have been added.. I added them as I thought they would be useful for the forums and the community. To make the forums more enjoyable for everyone, to make the forums more alive. Do you guys have any idea how much effort I'm even putting in this forum?

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, thanks :p. And to let you all know.. I added mostly all the plugins not because I'm "addons freak".. If I would be, all the plugins that vb offered would have been added.. I added them as I thought they would be useful for the forums and the community. To make the forums more enjoyable for everyone, to make the forums more alive. Do you guys have any idea how much effort I'm even putting in this forum?

I can imagine that it's quite a lot of effort you put into the forums. All the people here do is give feedback on the things you add.

Some of the plugins are really useful, and IMO the black skin beats the standard skin. Image resizer and spoiler tags are good, chat box is acceptable.
The arcade, while not very useful, can be fun. Some of the other stuff is quite useless.

People will always *****, no matter what you do.

And I love you :love:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok. You're a semi-plugin freak. But we still love you. Wanna spread babies? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom