Forum Changes? Part II

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wasn't my intention to get everything disabled, and I know you're working hard to make the forums better for everyone and I can appreciate that. My only problem was the constant state of flux there for a while. Just as I started using the black ice skin, you updated something and broke it. Once I really got into the chatbox (really good feature btw, don't let a few people knocking you on it ruin it for everyone. Not everyone's going to like everything, that is the way life works) you decided to change it around a bit before settling on the old one. The arcade was alright, but if you really want to play flash game's, there's better places for that. The new announcement system was nice, as was the stuff added to the quick reply box. The plug in for stickies wasn't necessary, and I'm glad that the rainbow option didn't really work. Threads with different colored names would just look too busy.

I worded things wrongly last night. It's not you I dislike, but everything outlined above.

Do you guys have any idea how much effort I'm even putting in this forum?
A lot more than Greg ever did, but you've got to make sure ahead of time that your effort is going to be worth it and appreciated.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It wasn't my intention to get everything disabled, and I know you're working hard to make the forums better for everyone and I can appreciate that. My only problem was the constant state of flux there for a while. Just as I started using the black ice skin, you updated something and broke it. Once I really got into the chatbox (really good feature btw, don't let a few people knocking you on it ruin it for everyone. Not everyone's going to like everything, that is the way life works) you decided to change it around a bit before settling on the old one. The arcade was alright, but if you really want to play flash game's, there's better places for that. The new announcement system was nice, as was the stuff added to the quick reply box. The plug in for stickies wasn't necessary, and I'm glad that the rainbow option didn't really work. Threads with different colored names would just look too busy.

I worded things wrongly last night. It's not you I dislike, but everything outlined above.

A lot more than Greg ever did, but you've got to make sure ahead of time that your effort is going to be worth it and appreciated.
I updated the black theme forums so it was compatible with the new updated version of the forums. I never knew though that it would break the whole black theme.

The arcade was alright, but if you really want to play flash game's, there's better places for that.
Those flash games are here to beat each others highscores as well.

The plug in for stickies wasn't necessary, and I'm glad that the rainbow option didn't really work. Threads with different colored names would just look too busy.
The rainbow color (as attempt) was meant as a joke. Besides, the plugin has been disliked like a few days ago already.

Sorry >_>, but saying:
Deman : I don't like the guy. I accept he now owns the license like Greg used to, but Greg didn't add a ****ton of useless features. Sure a couple good ones came out of it like this and threadbanning, but thats about it
Is pretty obvious to me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh goddamnit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You said you didn't like him because of the plugins. That's negativity toward him. Not that I'm on sides here, I like you both.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awwww, gief chatbox back :(

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chatbox is gone... again?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't voice my opinion about the addons? Alright then.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Indeed you can, but if you guys keep complaining about them.. I'll just disable them all together. I've been hearing about it tons of times now.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're complaining about the useless, bad ones.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other people were *****ing about them, too.
Do I really have to use the bridge counter?

Damaera said:
You've voiced your opinion on this subject many, many times before. What will *****ing about it and ganging up on Skyrider all the time do other than piss him off? I didn't like all of the plugins so you know what I did? I talked to Skyrider and I gave him my opinion. You'd be surprised just how reasonable and understanding he can be, if you'd only give him the chance.

We're complaining about the useless, bad ones.
Think they're useless? Think they're bad? Don't use them. Ignore them. Pretend they aren't there, or better yet, tell him how to make the forum better since you obviously believe him to be incapable of finding any good and worthwhile plugins.

He's trying to spice up the forum. None of the plugins break the forum. They're all add-ons. If you don't like the announcement plugin, don't look at it. Scroll down. Problem solved. Think the black skin is bugged? It is. He's said it's a WIP over and over again and people are still complaining. Use it at your own risk. If you don't like it, don't use it. Don't like the arcade? Don't use it. Don't like the chart plugin? Don't use it.

Stop whining and be proactive.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
You've voiced your opinion on this subject many, many times before. What will *****ing about it and ganging up on Skyrider all the time do other than piss him off?
I'm not ganging up on him..

Nixanthros said:
I didn't like all of the plugins so you know what I did? I talked to Skyrider and I gave him my opinion. You'd be surprised just how reasonable and understanding he can be, if you'd only give him the chance.
Congratulations, so did I.

Nixanthros said:
Think they're useless? Think they're bad?
Yes.

Nixanthros said:
Ignore them. Pretend they aren't there,
No.

Nixanthros said:
or better yet, tell him how to make the forum better since you obviously believe him to be incapable of finding any good and worthwhile plugins.
I am. What makes you think I only talk to Skyrider on the forums?

Nixanthros said:
He's trying to spice up the forum. None of the plugins break the forum. They're all add-ons.
And he asked for our opinions. I'm giving my opinion.

Nixanthros said:
If you don't like the announcement plugin, don't look at it. Scroll down. Problem solved.
I like it. I just don't think images should be shown.

Nixanthros said:
Think the black skin is bugged? It is. He's said it's a WIP over and over again and people are still complaining. Use it at your own risk. If you don't like it, don't use it.
I don't use the black skin. It's been WIP for a while, and as far as I know, it hasn't been updated for a while either.

Nixanthros said:
Don't like the arcade? Don't use it.
I don't. It should still be removed. I don't think anybody uses it.

Nixanthros said:
Don't like the chart plugin? Don't use it.
I don't plan to. I don't think anybody would use that plugin either.

Nixanthros said:
Stop whining and be proactive.
I am.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not ganging up on him..

You are ganging up on him. By participating in a "SKYRIDER IS ****ING UP!!!" lynching party, you're ganging up on him.

Congratulations, so did I.

Except you haven't done anything, or else he would have addressed your complaints as he did mine. Saying, "This sucks. Stop it." doesn't help. Find him plugins that you like and that you think other people will like.

No.

Why not? Are features that you don't use keeping you from using the forum? Is the arcade kicking you in your marbles every time you try to view a thread? Is the chart somersaulting over your head and snapping your neck when you try to use the chatbox?

I am. What makes you think I only talk to Skyrider on the forums?

"Helping" Skyrider in private and then just talking **** in public is two-faced. If you want to help, which you obviously don't, say your piece in public where everyone can agree or disagree with your suggestions. And no, saying "Plugin x sucks, remove it" isn't being constructive.

And he asked for our opinions. I'm giving my opinion.

You've stated the same thing over and over and over again. I've yet to see you suggest a single plugin to Sky. I've yet to see you tell him how to improve the forum. I've seen you ***** and moan plenty of times, but never actually help.

I don't use the black skin. It's been WIP for a while, and as far as I know, it hasn't been updated for a while either.

It hasn't been updated because he's doing other things. The naysayers keep telling him to focus on one thing at a time, but when that one thing isn't the plugin that they want finished, they complain.

I don't. It should still be removed. I don't think anybody uses it.

Remove the arcade because you don't think anyone plays it? Really? Is it hurting you by being there? Are you being forced to play pong before you can post? Do you need credits to see the forum? If you don't want to use the arcade, don't. How difficult is that? You're like one of those ridiculous people who would prefer to ban everything on the radio rather than turn the dial.

I don't plan to. I don't think anybody would use that plugin either.

It doesn't matter if no one uses the chart plugin. It's there if you need it. If you don't, pretend it isn't there. Why is having more options a horrible thing?

I am.

I still don't see you suggesting what Sky should add to improve the forum. I see you arguing with me, but I'm not seeing any constructive criticism. Just, "DO IT MY WAY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK DO IT MY WAY". You're not helping. You may think you are, but you're not.
Less arguing, more helping.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
You are ganging up on him. By participating in a "SKYRIDER IS ****ING UP!!!" lynching party, you're ganging up on him.
They were *****ing about plugins. I just said I don't like how he was running the forums. That could've meant anything.

Nixanthros said:
Except you haven't done anything, or else he would have addressed your complaints as he did mine. Saying, "This sucks. Stop it." doesn't help. Find him plugins that you like and that you think other people will like.
Actually, I have done something.

Nixanthros said:
Why not? Are features that you don't use keeping you from using the forum? Is the arcade kicking you in your marbles every time you try to view a thread? Is the chart somersaulting over your head and snapping your neck when you try to use the chatbox?
In my opinion, there's no point in having an addon that nobody is going to use.

Nixanthros said:
"Helping" Skyrider in private and then just talking **** in public is two-faced. If you want to help, which you obviously don't, say your piece in public where everyone can agree or disagree with your suggestions. And no, saying "Plugin x sucks, remove it" isn't being constructive.
Skyrider knows what I like and don't like. I've even talked to him about it.

Nixanthros said:
You've stated the same thing over and over and over again. I've yet to see you suggest a single plugin to Sky. I've yet to see you tell him how to improve the forum. I've seen you ***** and moan plenty of times, but never actually help.
http://forum.esforces.com/showpost.php?p=892526&postcount=2

Nixanthros said:
Remove the arcade because you don't think anyone plays it? Really? Is it hurting you by being there? Are you being forced to play pong before you can post? Do you need credits to see the forum? If you don't want to use the arcade, don't. How difficult is that? You're like one of those ridiculous people who would prefer to ban everything on the radio rather than turn the dial.

Nixanthros said:
It doesn't matter if no one uses the chart plugin. It's there if you need it. If you don't, pretend it isn't there. Why is having more options a horrible thing?

Nixanthros said:
I still don't see you suggesting what Sky should add to improve the forum. I see you arguing with me, but I'm not seeing any constructive criticism. Just, "DO IT MY WAY I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK DO IT MY WAY". You're not helping. You may think you are, but you're not.
I may not show my suggestions to the public, but I am suggesting things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom