For a bit of fun and to practice my texturing.....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well when esf is finaly relesed what about making a rig for custom models one rig people have to add ther own animations
And who's going to rig all of the other thousand custom models for 1.3?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i mean he makes simple skeliton that people can rig them selfs

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol.. oh man. That's not gonig to work. DT you should show them what your rigs look like :p

edit: Also, you're going to have to reshape the biped, add and remove bones, and basically re-do the controllers.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a pic eh?.. lets see..

heres a pic of the gohan rig. This is my most recent one. BTW.. the face.. yeah.. 3 controllers per bone EVERYWHERE... lips, eye brows, hair, jaw.. etc..
I dont think anyone can use these rigs except the original models they were built on.
is that an excessive use of bones? nope.. you should see how smooth this model deforms.. *drool*

Attachments

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what if someone built a model around the rig

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Madman, I don't think you're listening to what DT and I are telling you. It'll be basically impossible for someone like you (or anyone else, really for that matter) to even ASSIGN a rig as advanced as DT's :p

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol youre like watching this thread arent you? you replied 5 seconds after i posted.. with the SMD, you can do whatever you want. I just dont know how well your models will deform if you use every bone. can try though, Im clueless..

or you guys can do what you always do, decompile the model and just reuse the ref skeleton..

Last edited:

DeN

Best answers
Huzzah! Nice mesh overall...

but the way those arms are modeled into the shoulders really makes it look like his arms are broken and bending back on themselves.

It looks like you've tried to keep the arms where they could easily pivot into the right place when by his sides, but it's made the shoulders look off. Don't forget that as you raise your arms, your torso expands and your chest raises, and lats flex and stuff.

From the sounds of it your animator does a lot of good rigging, i'd model the arms from an anatomically correct view and let him set up controllers that will set the arm properly, instead of trying to cover for him. ;)

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome gg

but i suggest you add more detail on the back instead of lame flat one you have atm

I would go something like this Kazuya's back

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a suggestion. Could you also make a non-control device color-affected version of Broly? I mean the one in Broly: Second Coming.

The current one:

The one I'm requesting:

Second Coming's Broly has golden hair and wound marks on his chest/stomack. That wouldn't be a hard job, would it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hlev the control device was on his forehead not the neckless >.>

The moment he went full power in movie 8 he blew the thing up

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who said the control device was the neckless?

The control device was sending some sort of waves (I guess it can be put in that way) that helped to keep Broly calm. Also the device resulted in color changes of Broly's hair and aura until it was broken. And after that some sort of material split in air giving a temporary color change to Broly.

If you look closely, you can see that in "Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan" when Goku was ready to give Broly the final punch, the color effect has disappeared right when Broly turned aura on.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im mearly saying your picture under "the current one" is Brolly with no controll device.

Just poor colouring on the pic ^^

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Huzzah! Nice mesh overall...

but the way those arms are modeled into the shoulders really makes it look like his arms are broken and bending back on themselves.

It looks like you've tried to keep the arms where they could easily pivot into the right place when by his sides, but it's made the shoulders look off. Don't forget that as you raise your arms, your torso expands and your chest raises, and lats flex and stuff.

From the sounds of it your animator does a lot of good rigging, i'd model the arms from an anatomically correct view and let him set up controllers that will set the arm properly, instead of trying to cover for him. ;)
he isnt doing anything to the shoulders that will affect my rigging, I can basically do whatever I want to the model and make it deform good, so anything he models I can deal with.

The shoulders how ever.. are not anatomically correct on purpose, because basically nothing in DBZ muscle wise is anatomically correct just hardcore exaggerated. Anyway, look up some pics on Brolli and you'll see his shoulders over lap to the top of his body like in GGs.. even look up DBZ : Raging Blast and ****.. we found refs all over the place to make GGs Brolli the way it is now.

DeN

Best answers
LoL whether or not you can set up nice controllers on your rig is one thing...

Stil doesn't change the fact the anatomy isn't right on those shoulders... they're modeled in the position they would be in if his arms were by his sides rather than held out.

Yes... even in Raging Blast, and yes even in dbz anatomy LoL ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must agree the shoulders look like they're popped out of socket atm, and they have this square-ish shape to them. Like i said before, I'd move them closer to the middle a bit, and make them a bit rounder.

The proportions have been bugging me quite a bit, I know brolly is meant to be crazy huge, but something just doesn't sit right with me. I think I know now what it is, after lookin at a few refs, I think everything between the top of the waist/belt/cloth area and the bit between his boots is too small, if you make his hips/pants a bigger just a tad (move the boots along with it, they're the right size though, cept maybe make the top of them a little bit thinner) it'd make a lot more sense. I can see that you're going for waistline/shoulder contrast ratio, but it looks a bit like his lower half is a different build from his upper half, there's a lack of unity in it.

That being said, its a major improvement, but as you and I have discussed, something bugs me about the proportions.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
T_T you need to come online more often sir, its hard to get proper crits like that from you when i see you once a week or something gay like that ><

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot better. But is my suggestion being ignored? (I just want to know if you accept it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom