flatshaded models ingame?!?!?!?

Best answers
cell-shading = NOT BLACK OUTLINES

cell-shading = sharp shadows on the model, giving it a flat look.

Best answers
tahts exactly why we're making the models flat shaded

flat shaded=flat look however there is that problem with the shadow

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to Cell-Shade a map you would have to make the textures Cell-Shaded. Which would be a hassle, and if you mean do the same for esf maps, you can't. Unlike modelling there is no way to decompile maps (well anyways). If you do they don't work. So basically it is yes and no, yes you can change textures on your maps, no you cannot change the default esf maps.

Best answers
I can't imagine anyone NOT likeing this little 'invention'.
it's a great solution for, let's say, robot models!
they're supposed to be blocky, and now they can be! :D

Best answers
MajinZGohan said:
tahts exactly why we're making the models flat shaded

flat shaded=flat look however there is that problem with the shadow
:rolleyes: Flat as in no depth, not flat as blocky. As I said earlier, it doesn't make them look anymore cell-shaded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats pretty cool. too bad i dont have esf to mess around with it :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MDave said:
cell-shading = NOT BLACK OUTLINES

cell-shading = sharp shadows on the model, giving it a flat look.
majin dave where is a tutorial for cellshading for milkshape then ? do you know anny ?

Best answers
Cell-shading has NOTHING to do with milkshape, or the program you created the model in. The game the model is for has to support it. All the new games coming out that suppot Vertex and Pixel shader naturally support it due to you being able to use Vertex and Pixel shaders to create the effect. Quake 3 supports it if you create the right shader. A lot of open source engines support (even mods of the Q1 and Q2 engines.). Half-life on the other hand, doesn't.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, although the effect of cell-shading (NOT THE OUTLINE, NOT FLATSHADE) can be made in Milkshape. It can't be used in HL1 though.

Best answers
The effect most definately can be used in Milkshape with that DX9 shader plugin, but as you said, you can't use it in a game.

Best answers
u know i heard 3ds max 5 and up can do cell shading, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Theres a new material thing about light but I don't get how to use it.

Best answers
:rolleyes: It's a material called "Ink & Paint". It's very easy to find, you can't really miss it in the list.

Best answers
There might be a way to get proper celshading in HL, but depends on a few things.

You know that shiny effect you get on freiza's helmet thing, or on cell form 2, those shiny bits (talking about the standard esf models). Well, is there a way to make them parts trasnparent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom