flatshaded models ingame?!?!?!?

Best answers
yes its true you can use models ingame flatshaded. the game virtua fighters gave me the idea and so i tryed to figure out how. and i did. how to do this is get your model ready to export, then select all, go to vertex and click unweld. this should make it flatshaded. then just export it and whala! your models flatshaded. im trying to make it flatshaded and cellshaded but i get the to many normals error, but im still trying. heres a pic of a ssj trunks ingame flatshaded. (o and the weird health thing, i edited it in photoshop.)

Best answers
what the the point of having a flash model in the game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u like low detailed models i guess

Best answers
well do this then add cellshading and look at it in a rendering program. it makes it look 2d like in the anime

Best answers
add cellshading and look at it in a rendering program. it makes it look 2d like in the anime
Ofcourse it'll bloody look like the anime, that's what cellshading is, it has nothing to do with flatshaded models, infact celshading is completely smooth, the opposite to flatshading.

Best answers
lol i just tryed it with txtures on it and it looks amazing!
now i have something to do after my krillin model lol
good job on finding it out^_^ am going to try cell shaded one now=p

Best answers
ROFL.
And I thought everyone was after the perfectly smoothed model. And now I see this ^^
BTW I thought everyone knew what not welding verts meant for the smoothing.......

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
dark slayer said:
.... u forgot that this is the esf forum :O .....
Lol i agree , and who wanna get flats in esf anyway , what for?

Best answers
Release it? There is nothing to be released in here, just a tut on how to kill you models smoothing.....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hit unweld in ms3d and than compile it >_>

ZuL

Best answers
It seems like a good idea though... think what you could do to robot models :)

Best answers
ok could someone please explain to me how to do this now u guys say its cool! lol

Best answers
.DaN. said:
Hit unweld in ms3d and than compile it >_>
*agrees*
*notes it's the ESF forum*

Decompile model. Import the reference smd. Select all vertexes before hitting unweld. And don't compile it now, you have to export the reference smd first :laff:

*rofles*

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sin Goku said:
*agrees*
*notes it's the ESF forum*

Decompile model. Import the reference smd. Select all vertexes before hitting unweld. And don't compile it now, you have to export the reference smd first :laff:

*rofles*
yep in long details thats it

but i still didnt heared a ****ing answere , whf for do you need flats ingame , i thought people were after smoothnes ?!?

Best answers
Because it will look much more like a comic/manga if there isn't any lighting/roundness in it.

*/me goes having a vomit*

Different people have different tastes. Just leave em and don't bug em, even if their taste is obscene :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Lol , yep that 2 , heh for a comyc that would be great :p

Best answers
Sin Goku said:
Because it will look much more like a comic/manga if there isn't any lighting/roundness in it.
It won't. As I said earlier, to get it to look like an actual comic or the like you need to have it completely smooth, not facetted. And there's still lighting. As far as I can see, this is pointless for normal models. If you're making a mech or some **** like that which needs to be facetted, then fine, but otherwise it's useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom