flatshaded models ingame?!?!?!?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
omg that's awesome :D thanks for the tut ^_^ u should make a pack like this :)

Best answers
wow thats amazing! So all I do is decompile a normal model, Select all vertices, unweld, and recompile?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the closest thing to cel-shading used to be the outline and solid colors, but now i guess this is betta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it can be usefull in some ways.. like for trunks sword, if you actually want it to be sharp, unweld it.

Best answers
yay i finally figured out how to do this!

offtopic: Anyone know who made the bojacks gohan model? Cause I think I need permission before I can cell shade his model.

Best answers
update i made trunks and krillin but i need ssj trunks the orig. ill show pic in a bit

can you show us a picture of it? i made one.

Best answers
ssj 4 gogetenks said:
update i made trunks and krillin but i need ssj trunks the orig. ill show pic in a bit

can you show us a picture of it? i made one.
are you talking to me? If so there's a problem with the leg and I overwrote the original bojacks gohan model, and some reason he got smoothed out when i cell shaded

Best answers
ok
one simple question how do u cell shade it like that?

Best answers
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_cellarena_b30002.jpg

and to cell shade theres a tutorial on that sticky

CeLL Shading in Milkshape Tutorial By Neosaiyajin -Credits to nuttzy for reminding me how to do it correctly.
*NOTE* go into Paint or any other Image editing Programs and make a 512 x 512 Image with a black background.

First Open Milkshape.
Load The model you want to Cell Shade.
Then go to the Selection Tab Go Down in the menu find where it says "select By" Choose Faces.

Select all of the Model.

Then Plus Ctrl+D. Then go to the tools bar on top Choose fatboy. Where it says Scale Put in .1 - .3 Then click Ok.

Select the Duplicate and here where the black texture comes in.

Make sure the Duplication of ur model is still selected. Now go to matierials tab and Find new under it then click that. Now go to where it says none and click it (the bigger bar) Now select ur black texture thru the menus. Once opened Click assign. Now Go to Faces and Then Reverse vertex order. Then go to the render viewport and right click Then Where it says Draw backfaces click that. Now go to the render viewport And right click then click textured for a surprise.

Made this tut Cuz people have been asking how to do this.

Best answers
update.

heres the models. credits to SS Vegeta Xstortionist and darksun. and a question for the mappers out there is there anyway to cellshade the map? im asking this because the models dont fit that great in the maps.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Im almost certain u can't cell shade a map... but maybe u can make the map textures fit it more :)

Best answers
man trunks hair really looks better flat shaded! I gotta go edit that model!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all of them look sweet exept for krillin. his face is the only thing that is weird. the flate shading had a weird effect on him because his head is to big.not the model his head is suppose to be big.

Best answers
dude u can't dl them cause he's working on them, but theres a nice tutorial on how to cell shade ur models 3 posts above u

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom