First Character model (WIP)

Best answers

Wootness. It's turning out better than I expected it to. There are still some vert. faults in places, I will fix those up later, they're minor smoothing problems. I am going to move onto the arms after I get back from practice. ^_^ So, comments please, and constructive crit.

Best answers
It's looking fine. the model seems kinda bumpy atm, try to create a clean and smooth polystructure. keep it up

Best answers
Looks good. Although it looks like someone had a bit to many twinkies. Just rearrange your vertices and get a neat polyflow.

(Curious as to why you have 2 threads for the same thing with different names?)

Best answers
post a wireframe so we can crit better,it looks messy at some places.also it would look better if you added some smoothing-groups.

Best answers
I did, I added a smooth-group to the whole thing. I'll get a wire frame shortly.

(And the reason he looks so fat, is because it's just the view. From the side he doesn't look fat, it looks like abs.)

Best answers
you need to give the parts you want defining different smoothing groups other wise its hard to tell that you've put any detail there.
If you have aim or msn just send me an IM if you want any help

Best answers
Alright, here we go, I have updated immensely.

Put the base for the arms on, will detail tomorrow.

And here's a wire frame.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/Apex211/firstcharacter_torso_wireframe.jpg

I know, there are a lot of smoothing problems, probably due to the fact of me using a lot of Triangles. I will figure something out, but most of them are needed there for smoothing results. By the way...

Current Poly Count: 770

:-/ That's kinda high for just a torso and arms isn't it?

Best answers
Sorry for double post, but how should I go about making the head? Should I start with a sphere, a box, a cylinder, or Plane model it?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Envee said:
Sorry for double post, but how should I go about making the head? Should I start with a sphere, a box, a cylinder, or Plane model it?
Double posting earned you a warning. :warning: Saying sorry doesnt excuse it.

Warning revoked per Magus

Best answers
you should make a box thats what i did, but plane modeling sounds interesting i think ill try that some time

Best answers
I finished a head. I kinda of strayed away from the DBZ look...but, it's still cel-shaded. Here goes.

The head most likely isn't rigged properly, the body is a poly, and the head is a mesh, so none of the verts on the body and head will weld together. So I am going to have to re-rig the head as a poly probably, but that's the main Idea right there.

Current poly count: 1220

I need to learn to model hair...I'm planning on making the model a little less buff and making it Kakihara, from Ichi the Killer.

(By the way, the head was plane modeled :) It's faster for me, only took about 3-4 hours probably....Being my first head model I think that's pretty fast...O_O)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom