FinalShine (Offical Post)!!

Should Final Shine Be Allowed In Esf Only To SSJ2 Vegeta? (ends In 20 Days)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definatly, No Doubt, Yes

• No

• Definatly Not, And Should Not Be Brought Up Again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
For those who didn't get it the first time:

If the Final Flash is overpowered, it would either be spammed or end up as a cheap suicide move.

If the Final Flash is underpowered, or takes too long to charge, there is no point to it. You can just detonate a final flash at point blank, or find some other way.

Therefore, it cannot be added as a useful attack. Sorry.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noone needs an attack designed to kill themself and take out other people with them. We already have people who do that with the kamehameha and final flash. It would be whored by people who didn't care about just dying and respawning.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have an idea so it wont be abused... why dont u put a power bar and it takes a lot of time to charge up u have to keep killing and kiling OR you could just make it so where u can only use it one time a map

Best answers
or make it so that it takes a huge chunk out of ur pl.. and u may think that its useless in a pub game but wat about a tourney or a clan scrim??? u wont whore it then cuz it would hurt ur record causing u to possibly lose the match and u may need it.. i've been triple teamed a lot of times during clan scrims and i could really use a final shine then

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't just ask for a new attack because your team wont save your ass in a scrim. By giving 1 person the power to kill 3 people instantly you totally overpower him. Imagine everyone on your team being Vegeta and killing themself every time the got close to more than one enemy or were being meleed over and over. keep in mind that when you die you gain PL back.

::clears throat:: A-hem, NO ONE NEEDS TO DESTROY THEMSELVES TO EARN A FREE KILL. DON'T CHEAT OTHER PEOPLE OUT OF FINISHING YOU OFF WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION, AND DON'T ASK THE TEAM TO CODE AND ANIMATE AN ATTACK FOR YOU WITH NO TACTICAL VALUE. IF YOU WANT TO DIE, STAND ON THE GROUND AND FIRE A FINAL FLASH AT YOUR LEGS.

The team is taking long enough to get out beta 1.1, it will take longer for the next release, and they should not be wasting their time on an attack designed to kill you. The objective of ESF is to stay alive, not to make yourself look cool dying. You should avoid death at ALL COSTS. Just because you can respawn doesn't mean you should go around with C4 taped all over your body. It would look good, but it would waste the team's time and mine, and in the end it would either be worthless or whored. Once per map? Why waste all the time and energy to code and animate something used only once per map? That is almost as bad as the concept of suiciding pointlessly in the first place.

Best answers
i think it will be used like this:

3 vegita's fly up in the sky change the final shine and boom bye bye map and they respawn and do the same all over and over again so its a lame move and will be spamed i'm sorry cuz i like the idea but in game....its just not lamer proof sorry

Best answers
Originally posted by soccer28jp
i have an idea so it wont be abused... why dont u put a power bar and it takes a lot of time to charge up u have to keep killing and kiling OR you could just make it so where u can only use it one time a map
Originally posted by Mystic Snidely
If the Final Flash is underpowered, or takes too long to charge, there is no point to it. You can just detonate a final flash at point blank, or find some other way.
I'm psychic. That's why I answer posts before they're even posted. :]

Best answers
the attack CAN be balanced so it isnt whored or spammed.
_dont make it a huge blast.
_make it so that everyone in the map can easily detect the attack being charged and thus can move away from the blast(if they noticed it soon enough).
_dont make it holdable.
_dont kill the player when he has launched the attack but lower his hp to 1 and knock him out. (so that those who moved away can finish him easily - as u guys say , if he has hurt him and dodged his attack he's deserved the kill.)
_can only be used when hp are low.
_the attack costs say 95% of the maximum ki supply.

and I dont't think this will make it useless as it wont be the same as just shooting a powerfull attack at your feet , because it doesn't kill u and leaves your opponent the opportunity to finish u off.
plus it will add some diversity to the attacks.

Best answers
Like I said: why bother using up an attack that uses up more or less all of your ki, has a limited blast radius, and can only be used when near death? Might as well fire up that FF; at least you have a chance of taking out more than one person. It might not be the same as Final Shine, but it's still a hella lot more effective.

Best answers
Its really easy 2 balance!!!!
Big blast radius and you only can use it if you are near 2 death and it costs all your ki and in the next round you cant use it and your KI goes ca 1mill down! dont say that it cant be balanced! And you can only use it as Majin Vegeta and not very often or something like that! I want final shine its cool

Best answers
Originally posted by Mystic Snidely
Like I said: why bother using up an attack that uses up more or less all of your ki, has a limited blast radius, and can only be used when near death? Might as well fire up that FF; at least you have a chance of taking out more than one person. It might not be the same as Final Shine, but it's still a hella lot more effective.
that depends on how large the blast radius is and how much damage it'll do and long it takes to charge.
And since you will get -1 kill for suiciding you'll have to kill 2 people with your ff for it to be benificial , while the fs would'nt reduce your score if you didn't kill anyone whith it.

Best answers
There's a lot of people who don't care about the -1. They'll kill themselves because they still gain some pl, while ensuring that their opponent doesn't get the +1 and pl. Hell, I've been seeing people who type kill as soon as it looks like they're going to lose a fight (when they're not even losing pl).

And while the fs wouldn't reduce your score, apparently it'll leave you with 5% of your ki left at best. Great.

On top of all this, it's pretty much impossible to tell whether you'll actually affect anyone or not. You can't really tell how big the blasts are going to be without seeing it in effect first. Besides, who's going to fall for it? You'll be able to see it being charged up.

GiNsEnG - why would I use it at all if my pl goes down by 1mill? Hell, if my pl goes down at all because I used it? Better to go for a ff, and gain some pl with my death, no?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uuh... ive watched gt over and over and heres my ramble...
1.final shine is a one handed final flash, watch your c17 episodes!
2. if u want that, theres not point and its gt.
3. the suicide move will be spammed WAY too much, a n00b could just join and watch 3 cool playas (like me) fight and just jump in the middle and fry them to hell... cheap,
thats my ramble, well, at least i stettled what a final shine is..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's my final analysis:

Instant= Cheap. It becomes unavoidable, and undetectable.

Charged= Useless. If you're at low hp, it means your in a melee battle, and losing. If you stop, you're dead. Simple as that.

Highly Detectable= Useless. The enemy will run their ass off. What's the point?

PL loss: Pointless. It will be ignored if it is minor, or even medium. If it is major, nobody will use the attack, unless they're leaving the server.

Just because you're getting schooled doesn't give you the right to execute a potentially fatal and unavoidable attack upon your unsuspecting opponent(s). That's just plain injustice. And if it is avoidable, then it will be avoided, believe me. Very easily. And then it will be useless. This attack is just too sketchy.

--HITO OVER N OUT--

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are talking about an attack Vegita used on Fat Buu when he was about to die, not the technique from DB: GT. I don't get why people want to die so badly. Guys, just sit in the corner and type "kill" in consol over, and over, and over, and over, and over... and don't come back to the forums. The game should be tactical and fast paced, and you guys are sitting around *****ing about "Well I think we should get to kill ourselves as part of an attack, because I don't die often enough already," and "I have really low health and I want to waste the team's time by letting them code an attack so I can make a little explosion that doesn't hurt anyone or steals someone else's kill." God damnit just get over it already. Crawl back into your holes, charge up your kamehamehas, and wait for someone to kick you in the face; I'll be happy to oblidge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Word man, WORD.

On that note, I'm done with this damned worthless thread, seeing as I've said anything I gotta say. I can't see any possible argument that could arise in which I wouldn't have to repeat myself for the zillionth time. You with meh Sonic?:p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
They are talking about an attack Vegita used on Fat Buu when he was about to die, not the technique from DB: GT. I don't get why people want to die so badly. Guys, just sit in the corner and type "kill" in consol over, and over, and over, and over, and over... and don't come back to the forums. The game should be tactical and fast paced, and you guys are sitting around *****ing about "Well I think we should get to kill ourselves as part of an attack, because I don't die often enough already," and "I have really low health and I want to waste the team's time by letting them code an attack so I can make a little explosion that doesn't hurt anyone or steals someone else's kill." God damnit just get over it already. Crawl back into your holes, charge up your kamehamehas, and wait for someone to kick you in the face; I'll be happy to oblidge.
and the people of the post said....AMEN

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it isn't like me to spam the same ideas over and over... at least not that much. I've had enough of this stressful topic...

Please, don't ever make me type in caps again. Amen.

Best answers
ah well , if the dev's want any idea's/criticism's on a suicide attack they'll know where to look.

I just can't understand why u guys seem to dread it that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom