Fight Club ROYAL RUMMMMMMMMMBLE!

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I'm not a part of the rumble, but why not put deadlines on posts. Say a 7-10 days. That way the rumble will end sometime this century and FC can get onto bigger and better things. If you let Brim now the situation and place him at the end of the round, then he has something like a month to put together some form of post. Well I'm not in the rumble so I possibly have no business suggesting this but anyway, do what is best.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, Brim, I went out on a limb to reinsert you in the rumble. This is rediculous, you have 1 week to post your round. At the end of that time, you will be disqualified and ejected from the rumble. If you need extra time let me know, but you are on winter break, and should have had no trouble dropping extra things to finish competeing in the rumble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the one hand, I understand where Brim is coming from. Real life concerns, even the most trivial, can take precedence over this whole internet forum bit we have going here. We have all done it, unfortunately--from time to time we've all had troubles keeping up to speed with posting. As the competition gets harsher--bigger, longer posts and more info to account for--it becomes harder and more time consuming to keep up. I mean...me, Hwo and Engar are now regularly firing off ten page posts at each other, for crying out loud. It takes some people all month to write a ten page story. I once did it in one night, so I guess that gives me a miserably unfair advantage.

As for me...once the Rumble entered it's second month I knew we were in for the long haul. All the more reason I'm dying to WIN it...and all the more reason I expect it to eventually go into sudden death.

Either way, it is a special case because Brim got re-entered. That implied that he was going to have more of an active interest in participating. On the one hand I don't want to be harsh, but on the other hand, my character's posts are already pre-planned and I think the lot of us are itching to go at it some more on the whole, so it makes it a tough call.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Eep.. o_O

Personally I'd prefer a week limit. It's not that I don't enjoy gaps between my posts but after two months the Rumble has slipped out of my head. I'm having trouble remembering things I did in my last post, let alone my first.. In order to keep it fresh in my head and the creative juices flowing, I really wouldn't mind a time limit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it does sort of add to the frantic end of things with the limit. I think the week is fair, unless there are certain excessive circumstances. Like Cuc said--we're mostly all on winter break and have been for at least two weeks. Seems only reasonable.

Best answers
Sorry guys, just got back from my christmas break where I didn't have access to a computer with regular internet (If you'll notice I haven't posted anywhere in around a month). I'll do my best to get my post up soon. Just a bad time of the year for me to be up I guess.

Best answers
Considering the fact that you have already decided to whine at me on IRC, and the fact that you have nothing to do with the Rumble, I'm glad to get your input Prozac

You guys know my situation now, I can't post by tomorrow, and if you want to leave me out of the rumble again, go ahead, I'd rather be left out than continue to be such a burden with the tardiness of my posting, since the rumble had been going at such a fast pace to begin with.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
Sorry guys, just got back from my christmas break where I didn't have access to a computer with regular internet (If you'll notice I haven't posted anywhere in around a month). I'll do my best to get my post up soon. Just a bad time of the year for me to be up I guess.
I didn't know you were out for the winter break, please post your round with all available haste as the rumble has been at a pause for over a month now.

If you let me know before you left, my apologies.

Best answers
OK, first, many apologies are in order from me. I hadn't wished to hold the fight up so long, and give my sincerest regrets to that.

My round is up, it is by no means the calibur of what has been posted recently, and my character still hasn't entered. I figured that it would be best for me to get the rumble going again, and I had wanted to put in a lot more background for my character, so I will do so in my next post. Please continue to leave my character out as I would like to make his re-entrance.

Sorry guys, my bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was a little short but it was a good post; lots of relevant stuff packed in and pretty good characterization throughout in my estimation.

Can't wait to see where your going with the middle part. Heheh.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed it was alittle short but that doesn't mean it wasn't good
it's like Saiyan pride said

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It was a little short but it was a good post; lots of relevant stuff packed in and pretty good characterization throughout in my estimation.

Can't wait to see where your going with the middle part. Heheh.
but I expect alot more from you next round brim ;) I know you can do better :D

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Prozac said:
but I expect alot more from you next round brim ;) I know you can do better :D
Same :D

Can't wait to see you in the fight again, Brim. I'm hoping you're bringing some cool new abilities to play with. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. We're only going to get so much mileage out of Engar's arm and my...well...I'll save it for my next post. >:0)

Best answers
:eek:

I knew you had something up your sleeve, but worry not, I have something fun for us to play with in mind

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*blinks* But I thought Mephit really was your wife? I feel betrayed.. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh.

The fight is starting to look a little lop-sided in favor of Faction Catalyst.

Everyone go check out my round against Smith that I just posted--I made my version take place during the actual downtime while everyone was out cold.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
*blinks* But I thought Mephit really was your wife? I feel betrayed.. :(
She usually is, but she's pregnant right now, and not really in the mood to help with the rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom