Fastest,most powerful Graphiccard at the moment?

Best answers
i think about buying a new pc and wondering which is the most powerful graphiccard at the moment.so do anybody know which is the most powerful one?

sorry for my crappy english

Best answers
Im pretty sure its either the Nvidia Gforce 6800 Ultra or the ATi Radeon X800 XT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As i know its ATi Radeon X800 Xt !
But Nvidia G(e)Force 6800 Ultra is abit worse then Radeaon!

Best answers
mmmhhh so the HIS Excalibur X800Pro 256MB IceQ is the most powerful?arent there any other more powerful cards from other firms beside those two monster firms nvidia and ati?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing more powerful than those two, and i'm sure the X800XT 256mb is the top of the league, i've got a 9800XT and so far nothing i've played as pushed it to the limits, not even Doom3.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
*sigh* I dont know how, but apperently on every forum boards, everyone went pro-ati.

Geforce 6800 Ultra is faster and more advanced.

Look up benchmarks and decide yourself.

(Why Geforce 6800 ultra more advanced? It already supports directx 9.0c and with that SM 3.0, SM 3.0(Shader model 3) is way faster(and it looks a hell lot better too :D) then what Ati is currently using(2.0), only problem is that SM 3.0 isnt used in any games YET(!))

EDIT: Dont look at the 3dmarks03 becnhmarks, since its beginng to outdate.(Look at 05 instead :))

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* This is another thread about "which appeals to you more: Option 1, Option 2"

In this case it's ANOTHER ATI vs. NVIDIA. And if i do recall all those threads were closed. You should have searched the forums before making this thread, or maybe even searching google about them. All you're going to get here are opinions.

As for me I like the new NVIDIA cards. So far they have proven to handle better then my ATI Radeon 9800 pro.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
*sigh* I dont know how, but apperently on every forum boards, everyone went pro-ati.

Geforce 6800 Ultra is faster and more advanced.

Look up benchmarks and decide yourself.
Hmm, I guess the only benchmark that would matter is doom 3, and it only beats it by like 5 fps with ATi's new opengl drivers.

(Why Geforce 6800 ultra more advanced? It already supports directx 9.0c and with that SM 3.0, SM 3.0(Shader model 3) is way faster(and it looks a hell lot better too :D) then what Ati is currently using(2.0)
It looks identical to SM 2.0. There is nothing 3.0 can do that 2.0 can't do. The picture you're probably referring to are the ones nVidia released in Farcry, which were really 1.0 v 2.0, because the 3.0 patch hadn't been made. The reason ATi didn't include it was because of that fact; that it doesn't add ANY MORE IMAGE QUALITY. They're only including it in the next line because of all the popular demand for it by people like you who think it actually does something.

only problem is that SM 3.0 isnt used in any games YET(!))
Yes it is, it's in farcry and in half life 2. But they add NO image enhancements.

EDIT: Dont look at the 3dmarks03 becnhmarks, since its beginng to outdate.(Look at 05 instead :))
Hm, well I'll look at 01, 03, and 05. Oh, looky, x800xts are leading all 3!! One xt even beat 2 6800Ultras in SLI configuration, there goes your theory -_-.

Best answers
*sigh* This is another thread about "which appeals to you more: Option 1, Option 2"
i never wanted this thread to turn into a option1 option 2 thread,but it looks like nobody gathers information about other firms products besiedes nvidias and ati´s.
and yeah iv already used google.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nvidia Gforce 6800 Ultra

IMO that is the best. Heh.

Best answers
X800 Pro XT PE? That card doesnt exist.

X800XT PE, that exists.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Smith| said:
Hmm, I guess the only benchmark that would matter is doom 3, and it only beats it by like 5 fps with ATi's new opengl drivers.

It looks identical to SM 2.0. There is nothing 3.0 can do that 2.0 can't do. The picture you're probably referring to are the ones nVidia released in Farcry, which were really 1.0 v 2.0, because the 3.0 patch hadn't been made. The reason ATi didn't include it was because of that fact; that it doesn't add ANY MORE IMAGE QUALITY. They're only including it in the next line because of all the popular demand for it by people like you who think it actually does something.

Yes it is, it's in farcry and in half life 2. But they add NO image enhancements.

Hm, well I'll look at 01, 03, and 05. Oh, looky, x800xts are leading all 3!! One xt even beat 2 6800Ultras in SLI configuration, there goes your theory -_-.
Your as pro ati as it can be ¬_¬, I forgot about Far Cry, but Half-Life 2 isnt released >_> (If you talking about CS: Source, well heh)

And yes there IS(Shader model) image enhancements, and I'm not refering to the all popular 1.4 vs 3.0 image >_>.

But more importantly SM 3.0 is faster.

And smith about 3dmark

http://www.zdnet.nl/images/rev0407/040720_grafisch.pdf
there goes your theory...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Your as pro ati as it can be ¬_¬
I'm pro-best. ATi is the best at the moment, so I'm pro-ati. That's subject to change though if they don't get more x800's out.

And yes there IS(Shader model) image enhancements, and I'm not refering to the all popular 1.4 vs 3.0 image >_>.
No there's not. If you're talking about displacement mapping (parallax mapping), then you're wrong. Any 2.0 capable hardware can run parallax mapping, because as I've said, anything 3.0 can do 2.0 can do aswell. 3.0 isn't really even worthy of the new number, all it does it optimize the already good 2.0 paths and allow for longer program lengths. And I believe I heard this from one of the sites that I frequent: Did you know that if you programed a shader path to the limit that 6800Ultra has, by the time it rendered it, you would be dead? -_-

But more importantly SM 3.0 is faster.
Yes, it's a slightly optimized 2.0 path, which is why I said it isn't worthy of a new name, maybe 2.1 or 2.3.

And smith about 3dmark

http://www.zdnet.nl/images/rev0407/040720_grafisch.pdf
there goes your theory...
And, well.. it doesn't open for me at my home computer nor at my school computer, :/. And yea, I have the PDF reader program.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Er, looking at the question asked in the topic title - why is everyone limiting their answers to home-use graphics cards? There are industrial strength graphics cards (SILICON GRAPHICS, duh?) which outpower and outrun all the graphics cards in the home-use market.

SGI's visualization systems run the best graphics boards in the world, many of which are used by organizations like NASA and 3D movie-making companies as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread Starter said:
i think about buying a new pc and wondering which is the most powerful graphiccard at the moment.so do anybody know which is the most powerful one?
I really don't think he's going to spend that much on a new video card, gwoovy :p.

Best answers
hahaha, i wasnt going to post how pro ati smith is till i saw that omg, u know that the x800 that was beating 2 6800 ultra was sooo overclocked that it wasnt even stable? and 2 gfx card together doesnt mean 2x the power/speed? u even posted benchmark about hl2 that were pro ati in another thread, and i posted like 5 links that showed how wrong the benchmark u posted were

its simple, if u got the psu for the 6800 (u need at least 480w to run it at 100%) go with nvidia, if u dont go with ATI, they are always close to each other, with any of those card ull be able to play any game with with 4xAA with good fps in high resolution
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040504/ati-x800-12.html
http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q2/radeon-x800/index.x?pg=1
http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=517&cid=2
sometimes the 6800 beat the x800 by 5% sometimes its the opposite, u wont lose anything choosing one over the other

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=49124 and there theres 4 link(well 5 if u count smith) about css benchmark :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pink_Fat_buu said:
hahaha, i wasnt going to post how pro ati smith is till i saw that omg, u know that the x800 that was beating 2 6800 ultra was sooo overclocked that it wasnt even stable? and 2 gfx card together doesnt mean 2x the power/speed? u even posted benchmark about hl2 that were pro ati in another thread, and i posted like 5 links that showed how wrong the benchmark u posted were
Well the thing is, it still technically beat 2x 6800Ultras, overclocked or not, 1 card beat 2 of the best of another company.

its simple, if u got the psu for the 6800 (u need at least 480w to run it at 100%) go with nvidia, if u dont go with ATI, they are always close to each other, with any of those card ull be able to play any game with with 4xAA with good fps in high resolution
So then why should you go for the one with the higher PSU requirement? ATi has got them beat at the moment. When nVidia can finally get some good drivers for their new architect out, it may change, but until then, ATi is in the lead.

hahaha, i wasnt going to post how pro ati smith is till i saw that omg
Smith| said:
I'm pro-best. ATi is the best at the moment, so I'm pro-ati. That's subject to change though if they don't get more x800's out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom