Faster PL Increase Idea

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I don't believe this was ever suggested before but if so, I apologize.

Sometimes when playing ESF 1.2.3, my friends and I would want to build up PL quickly to get into a fight with transformations. For those who also want to be able to gain PL faster, perhaps there can be a map for that? I was thinking, the Hyberbolic Time Chamber (ROSAT) would be the perfect location for that, as it would make sense for more experience to be gained in a shorter period of time.

I understand that if the ROSAT is included on the Lookout map that would cause balancing issues for those fighting outside of the chamber, so I figured the fast experience map would be strictly the chamber only.

Thoughts?

And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the idea, but I see a flaw.
If the ROSAT map is always like that, it will ruin the map for the people who want to play normally.
All that work going to a single demographic of players seem wasteful.

Cool idea though

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the idea, but I see a flaw.
If the ROSAT map is always like that, it will ruin the map for the people who want to play normally.
All that work going to a single demographic of players seem wasteful.

Cool idea though
Yeah I thought so to, but then perhabs you could make it selectable? :p Like when you created the server, with that map, there was a a box, where you could toggle "fast Ki gain" or something :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your best bet would be a server-side CVAR for this, but AFAIK the devs are against such things, so the chances are kinda slim.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It seems that it does have it's flaws. I had just thought of it and figured I'd see what everyone thought.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
+1 to this. Maybe have a separate map altogether like ROSAT_Normal and ROSAT_2X or something. It would literally be an exact copy with a different name and different values assigned to its environment I suppose? Not sure how maps link with PL Gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom