Export Budokai 2 models

Best answers
hi, i wanted to ask wether it is possible to extract the budokai 2/1 models out of the ps 2 disc

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My guess would be no.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its possible, jus t need something that can read it. not hard just I myself dont know how to do it.

Best answers
yeah its possible,but there would be no 3d prog that can handle them,right?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course there would be a 3D program that could edit them, they had to be created somehow. However, you would need the source to the game, and the programs used to create it. It's not just a matter of popping the PS2 disc into your PC and copying model files. It's not going to happen.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
You would need Developer Tools for that, which only the creator of the game has got access too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, alot of companies create there own 3D modeling programs so that the models arent accessable. And even if you extracted them, you wouldnt be able to get them in ESF. And alot of them use wierd compression formats, its almost impossible to get through to, you would have to work for Atari to be able to "hack" into the disk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they dont extract from the disc, its a one way system to stop people ripping models, they compile them into a single file, which inside are the single compiled models, which no decompiler exists to read or export to my knowledge. the only thing ive had success with is sounds, even then you have to work your way though thousands and edit the speed/pitch to get it right ;O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom