EVERYONE MUST READ - Jinx

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Uh"? Wow, go walk my cat.

Zee-ON-i-cism.

There is only one true faith. Worship The Nix, and she will give you all that you desire. All that she requests in return is your unconditional love for both herself as well as me. Mostly me, because I'm the physical manifestation of The Nix. I'm the male to her female, the darkness to her light, the wang to her she-wang. Not to say I'm bad or anything, but there has to be some kind of balance, and she'd be greatly offended if I called her a manipulative wench and tried to paint myself as a supreme deity.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hey there is proof ^_^, also, evolutionists by their own hand, have disproved evolution lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is no proof

by their own hands means that they are more than willing to accept that evolution may not be true. i never heard a religious person say that their religion might be false. as i said, it goes on faith. drop the evolution argument. you cant argue a theory BECAUSE its a theory, as in its not complete.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was Kais idea.
Kai is also responsible for everybody fighting defensive style in Europe. He trained me in aggressive so I could take on Kartsa (he had this OMGAHS I CANT FIGHT IN EUROPE, MUST TRAIN SOMEONE TO PWN IN MY NAME thing) before he doubled back, and started training defence himself -_-. Naturally this spread far and wide.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing more annoying than fighting someone who does nothing but run. I can understand defensive fighting. I've dabbled in it, and have fought defensively when the occasion called for it, but doing absolutely nothing other than running away and waiting and expecting the other person to chase you until they run out of ki is just plain boring. Then, of course, if you just stand still because you're not going to waste your time playing tag, you're suddenly considered to be afraid. Please o.0.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so what do you propose to bring back the glory days of esf?

at the same time take into consideration the old veterans, keeping new players interested, and bridging the gap in skill level to keep things on the same playing field

a list would be nice :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF's problem is just how far it is between noob and pro. Not that players gaining skill is a bad thing, but a lot of game have some way to balance it so even the little guy stands a chance. Like in EVE Online, the bigger your ship, the bigger your cannons and the better your armor/shields, the more you rule. But it balances this out by making it so large cannons on battleships are almost incapable of tracking and hitting tiny frigate ships.

In ESF, the pros gain their skill, and that's it. The noob has no chance with a pro who knows all the tricks, period. And frankly, pros aren't just HARD to beat, they're borderline untouchable. The distance between noob and pro is not a "gap"; it's the grand canyon. So how then, does a noob improve himself? The fact is he can't. Unless a pro is willing to try and teach them.

ESF is a Hell of a game when people of similar skill level are paired up. I've had tons of fun in big servers full of main-stream players. You get 1 to 3 pros in a server full of noobs and amateurs though, and the pros just rape the map.

Having some "pros only" servers might help this. Maybe a few open servers for people learning ESF, for people to offer advice and help the noobs get a better grasp on the game's subtleties. A tutorial won't do much good, but one-on-one help for those who need it would lessen overwhelming feeling one gets when trying to tread water in ESF.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know there's a huge gap between noob and pro to the game but I disagree that it's esf's biggest problem. In my honest opinion I think it's what makes the game so great, the only reason I got into esf in the first place was because I saw the awesome things the pro's could do, and only wished I could compete on that kind of level, the more I played the closer I got, that sense of achievement is what inspired me to play. I agree It puts some off but it's also what creates the most dedicated players.

It's all about appealing to newcomers with the right attitude. I think 1.2 only deterred players because they were given such mixed messages about how to be good at the game. The option of "simple" and "advanced" could quite easily make the new player confused by the fact that you're lucky as hell to actually benefit from an advanced melee fight, and simple melee is the real way to go, the other option of throwing seems all you can do at first if you haven't read the manual, that and a wide choice of high damage beams gives a player who's freshly downloaded no clue as to what they should start using when they start playing.

I think 1.3 beta's failings are quite simple, they've over complicated the movement system, and only aimed to improve the gameplay for an element of the game that hasn't even been implemented. The new attacks and thing's that have been spruced up are great and I think they're a nice addition, but the actual gameplay from 1.2 is pretty much the same but the movement system has made what used to be a simple choice of "move in chosen direction" to "move a little over there to a non-controllable distance", or "wait a bit and move over there at a rediculous ki cost". This has its good points and its bad, but overall it just seems too over developed and gets in the way of what you actually want to do, which is go where you want, when you want with a 100% degree of reliability it's done nothing to aid this, infact its got in the way, with almost unpredictable ki costs and unpredictable distances. 1.3 is aiming for new players, however it's just made the simpliest part of the game into the most complicated.

Ranting about that aside, I also believe what's killing esf more than anything is the lack of actual gameplay updates, I've already established how I think the biggest gameplay update that has been implemented so far is more damaging than good. The reason there isn't many gameplay updates is the focus is the new advanced melee system which I think, if anything, will decide the fate of esf once and for all. If the programmers are indeed that dedicated to implement something so complicated that will require so much work, we will actually have to wait until the bulk of that hard work is done before knowing if it's good enough or infact playable, that will be the ultimate test for ESF. I really think we need to stop, simplify our idea's, reduce our workload and complete the game as soon as possible, this arduous task of implicating this very complex and (I find) incomprehensible new system can only lead to failure imo.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont promise something/try to do something that you know is outside your range of doing. ****ers.

maybe i didnt answer any questions or anything in my post, but it made me feel better.
And maybe you could have made the same point without the added flame at the end. That'll chalk up a warning for you.

Hmph... and I thought my days of handing those out were over. Live and learn, I suppose.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at this point it really doesnt matter whether im warned or not, im sure even you realize this.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as even two people post on the forum, his job is meaningful and warranted.

Dream on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guess its not technically a revival?

As long as even two people post on the forum, his job is meaningful and warranted.

Dream on
didnt see this before, however.

take your own advice, dream on.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Tutorial = good idea
Vid of you = ehhh me would be better =P

ur welcome, but i dont got a server anymore =(

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guess its not technically a revival?

didnt see this before, however.

take your own advice, dream on.
Look; I respect that you and a handful of others are trying to keep the game afloat by offering meaningful input on gameplay mechanics and the like, but believe me when I say that I'm not going to sit on my ass and let you back-talk to your heart's content because you have "noble intentions".

If you were planning on contributing something meaningful to the topic of this thread, then I've clearly missed it in that last post. If you do intend to post in this thread again, then do it on-topic.

Like being a bit forceful with your game-related suggestions? Fine. But don't opt to take shots at me or the other forum staffers for doing our jobs. I'm sure you can appreciate the notion of sticking to one's guns, seeing as how that's the stance you're taking with respect to your suggestions for the game. If you've got something else in this vein to say (either to me or Cuc), however, do it in private. You'll gain nothing by continuing out here.

And, for the record, I wouldn't, frankly, care if only the deeply concerned folks were the only ones left - much like any other service, these forums have use policies, and I'm not going to forget about those until such time as they are removed and I am told to neglect them; using the forums is not a right.

Now, please; the focus of the thread was on a rather involved set of suggestions - comment on those.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
noble intentions? im just a gamer whos pissed off at the fact that the team whos creating the game doesnt have any passion about it compared too us, yet still tries too keep it running. but you guys do seem to actually be getting back into it so i guess it is time i start to calm down.

very well, youve made your point. i am sorry.

edit:dont get me wrong, i still dislike all of you.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark, the team and the moderators of this board are two entirely different groups. If you're going to hate, at least know who you're hating.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're in the wrong this time, Dark. Just back off and learn to pick your battles. When have I ever steered you wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom