EVERYONE MUST READ - Jinx

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Listen up people, I'm back im pretty disapointed in what has happened to this mod. It's a great mod, yet nobody plays because of that wall of "noob play" being shown to people right before they quit the game. The problem is that everyone who knows about esf, and says it sucks never has seen or played esf @ the pro level from the PRO's perspective.

I after getting better in vids, have figured out, exactly how to show everyone from MY very own perspective how fast esf really is. I can also now show just how great the gameplay is as well.

The downsides? NONE i can show this in videos without a loss of quality OR frames, and ontop of it all ima pro.

The catch is I need supporters people willing to pitch in for 2 vids in an attempt to revive this excellent and overlooked mod.

the 2 vids i want to work on are as follows

- Tutorial ( full of the nifty hits and trix that any player will use as guidelines in improving their play )

- Gameplay ( Full of gameplay from ME from my own screen, showing how fast the gameplay is, even coming with my own personal camera configuration and controls to make the game easier or fit well with my hands.

If you have played and dont have the mod now, please begin playing more often and assiting more players as they come.

If you have the mod and havent played much, please play more.

Beam spam less, and dont be a **** to new players

obviously the problems is there are no east servers. We need an east server.

Thanks Ren for having a West

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno do U think ESF like: ESF or ESF like: ESF with addons, coz I played before JUST ESF and I don't see reason why would anyone play THAT if there is ECX which is much better if we look objectively! Better Models, Teleport things, New Features, Better maps, more chars, etc. IMO most of the guys playing JUST ESF are ppl who are loyal to the ESF Core team, and they don't play ECX ONLY coz of loyality they have. Other problem for me is that whenever I enter some server, there are n00bs or pros, and neither of those fit my categorie. IMO this all thing is going to end by final war:
Earth's Special Forces 1.3 vs Evolution Class eXtension Release Candidate 3
After seeing which one is gonna be played more, everything is gonna be clear.

P.S. Why is there so little ESF Open Beta servers? Making more of them is gonna do only good.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen up people, I'm back im pretty disapointed in what has happened to this mod. It's a great mod, yet nobody plays because of that wall of "noob play" being shown to people right before they quit the game. The problem is that everyone who knows about esf, and says it sucks never has seen or played esf @ the pro level from the PRO's perspective.

I after getting better in vids, have figured out, exactly how to show everyone from MY very own perspective how fast esf really is. I can also now show just how great the gameplay is as well.

The downsides? NONE i can show this in videos without a loss of quality OR frames, and ontop of it all ima pro.

The catch is I need supporters people willing to pitch in for 2 vids in an attempt to revive this excellent and overlooked mod.

the 2 vids i want to work on are as follows

- Tutorial ( full of the nifty hits and trix that any player will use as guidelines in improving their play )

- Gameplay ( Full of gameplay from ME from my own screen, showing how fast the gameplay is, even coming with my own personal camera configuration and controls to make the game easier or fit well with my hands.

If you have played and dont have the mod now, please begin playing more often and assiting more players as they come.

If you have the mod and havent played much, please play more.

Beam spam less, and dont be a **** to new players

obviously the problems is there are no east servers. We need an east server.
You seem desperate to point the finger and blame something. First you blame those that dislike ESF aren't "pros" and that you need a "pro" perspective to enjoy the game, then you go onto blaming how new players are treated, beam spamming and ended your ranting stating that the obvious problem is that there's no East servers.

You know what I found ironic about ESF? ESF Alpha was like Dragon Ball, ESF Beta was like Dragon Ball Z and ESF (since ESF is going non-beta once ESF 1.3 is released) is like Dragon Ball GT. Dragon Ball (as most of you probably know) gained a lot of popularity and became a popular show on television. Dragon Ball Z was even more popular and became even more popular than Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball GT didn't share the same popularity, ratings were low, a lot of people dislike it and it failed to live up to the hype. This prompted Toei Animation to end the series early.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol.. @ the reactions... first of all. let me just say I've blamed nobody, u snatched that one out of thin air...

2ndly to clarify, the reason i believe esf isn't that popular isn't becuz nobody likes the mod, its simply becuz people dont know its REAL GAMEPLAY, they see the slow paced'ness and ddr'ness and slow basic melee, and believe it's lame..

what they dont see is this ( btw this video is the FIRST video from the player's perspective =] with health + ki shown )

http://stage6.divx.com/user/VideoJinx/video/1889643/Real-Esf-Pro-Gameplay

And from the vid you can see, I'm talk about the regular mod called ESF( Earth's Special Forces ) no addons.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...ESF isn't popular because the pros beat all of the new players into submission, then went after each other, causing civil wars which led to a massive exodus of pros. When the pros left, so did the servers as we were the only people paying for them. Then the team decided copying Tenkaichi was the way to go, and most of the pros decided the game just isn't worth playing when all of your friends are gone and the future of ESF looks bleak. Every so often there was a massive influx of new players who wanted to just throw people and shoot beams, but the pros who were around destroyed them, so the noobs cried about it and left. Now most of the people joining are either young and demand instant gratification (I WANT TO BE GOOD NOW!) or, as was the case long ago, just didn't like the fast-paced nature of the game, or the game play aspects.

We all contributed to destroying ESF, although some parties did more damage than others. It doesn't help that the goal seems to be to attract new players while forgetting about the old players (again).

Most of us don't like DBZ, so that's a show stopper right there. Most of our friends have moved on to other games and college, so there's really no reason to stick around, other than for the forum community. Even then, this community is desperately hanging onto the side of a cliff with 4 fingers. There really isn't anything anyone other than the dev team can do to save this game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is dead because it's an old game, not because the pros and newbies are leaving. Only the people who like DBZ find it at all, because they usually go search google for "DBZ Game" or something like that. There is very little publicity around ESF, probably because the interest among current players died away a long time ago.

We've all done everything possible to do in the game, and with the attitude of everyone playing it (most of which being A.D.H.D kids off their amphetamines) it's really getting old.

1.3 doesn't look like it's going to be good at all (no offence to the dev-team, I just can't feel the spark I felt the first time I played ESF - the movement is too strange and ... downright silly), and there is no chance of ESF moving on to Source.

It's not that people don't like DBZ anymore, hell, it's not that pros are complete *******s in this game (they always have been, they always will be - me included) it's the fact that the people who used to play this game with such enthusiasm, have all left for other, newer games, or decided to actually get a life rather than practice three hours or more per day to have a shot at hitting the pros.

On a sidenote, I disagree with the game being "fast paced", it's only as "fast paced" as you make it. It all depends on your style of play. I personally love playing a very relaxed style, even though it's not perfect.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno do U think ESF like: ESF or ESF like: ESF with addons, coz I played before JUST ESF and I don't see reason why would anyone play THAT if there is ECX which is much better if we look objectively! Better Models, Teleport things, New Features, Better maps, more chars, etc. IMO most of the guys playing JUST ESF are ppl who are loyal to the ESF Core team, and they don't play ECX ONLY coz of loyality they have.
I beg to differ. For me ECX is OK but the comunity isnt. Face it most of the ingame comunity is more whiny than the worst noobs in ESF. And i know quite a lot of people that share my opinion. Even some on the ECX team.

AS for the thread.

Why is this in suggestions since you are recruting people?

The problem why there are no new players is that they leave as soon as they join a server with a "pro" in it.

I dont know about US but in europe beeing pro means you can lame as much as you can aslong as you win and totally anihilate anyone who isnt you.

The new people dont see a point in continuing to play like that. They go into a server to have some fun then someone comes in and starts laming their asses off. And with that i mean doing the same move on them over and over again. And then they leave cause they dont stand achance. To the counter side the pros start complaining about how boring the game is and leave aswell. But the game is only as boring as you make it. In other words if they ussed less of the same thing over and over and actually PLAY the game they wouldnt get bored so fast.

AS for the move:
Basic melee to the ground
If the first basic melee didn't make the guy go to the ground do it again. If it hit him on the ground hit the guy again so he starts rolling.
After that hit him again while rolling and (if they say beams are OK) beamjump with a genbeam away.

Thats all they ever do. They dont even try to do something else. And on top of that the second hit om the ground does double the damage cause its on the ground and aimed down so they continue to roll. Ofcourse that bug is called roll exploit but everyone says its OK to do it as long as its only 3 hits >.>

Well thats why i hate 99% of the pros ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is dead because it's an old game, not because the pros and newbies are leaving. Only the people who like DBZ find it at all, because they usually go search google for "DBZ Game" or something like that. There is very little publicity around ESF, probably because the interest among current players died away a long time ago.

We've all done everything possible to do in the game, and with the attitude of everyone playing it (most of which being A.D.H.D kids off their amphetamines) it's really getting old.

1.3 doesn't look like it's going to be good at all (no offence to the dev-team, I just can't feel the spark I felt the first time I played ESF - the movement is too strange and ... downright silly), and there is no chance of ESF moving on to Source.

It's not that people don't like DBZ anymore, hell, it's not that pros are complete *******s in this game (they always have been, they always will be - me included) it's the fact that the people who used to play this game with such enthusiasm, have all left for other, newer games, or decided to actually get a life rather than practice three hours or more per day to have a shot at hitting the pros.

On a sidenote, I disagree with the game being "fast paced", it's only as "fast paced" as you make it. It all depends on your style of play. I personally love playing a very relaxed style, even though it's not perfect.
Most of the good players left for a reason, and it wasn't necessarily because
better games came out or because they started attending college. We all came back after a short hiatus. That was a given. We regularly took breaks in order to make ourselves worse at the game, so that we could work our way back to the top. It's when we stopped coming back because of various reasons regarding the actual community that the rest of the game, at least in the US, finally died. We owned all of the servers, we created all of the rules that guaranteed fair play, and we were the only people willing to teach people how to fight without getting slaughtered. Our hierarchy left, and some of the euros tried to take over. ZR, despite not even liking ESF anymore, came back just to kick them out and regain our territory, and then we stopped playing again because it just isn't the same without having all of your friends around.

But when you realize the game you're playing has no future, and for the second time in a row you're being shunned because gaining new players takes precedence over retaining players, you tend to just stop caring.

I personally don't think it has anything to do with ESF being old, because most of us would still play 1.1 if people actually joined servers. We didn't care how old the game got. DBZ isn't what interested us. We just liked the game mechanics, and the direction in which we thought the game was headed before it dawned on us that the team had something very different in mind. 1.3 could bring back a lot of the community if they fixed just about everything and got rid of the notion that people want to play a broken-down tenkaichi online, but that isn't going to happen so 1.2 is pretty much the end of the line.

As for it being fast-paced, it depends entirely on who you're fighting. I guess you can play the game slowly and take your time, but if you're fighting someone who plays to win, you're going to have to switch gears unless you have no desire to do some damage. In that case, racing isn't fast paced either since you can just drive 10 mph o_O.

@ Grega: I have no idea why you guys didn't ban the second ground hit. We had to artificially create rules just to keep the game balanced and enjoyable, but it worked out for as long as they were enforced. The rule was 2 hits air, one hit ground. I don't know who, but one of the euros decided they should warp our rule and change it to 3 hits maximum anywhere, just so that one player could use exploits without anyone complaining. Then euro players started coming to our servers and saying it doesn't matter how you play as long as you win and a lot of them were promptly banned for doing stupid **** like hitting someone 3 or 4 times on the ground or the ceiling. Then they started scripting "Because of my ping!!" and that's just plain retarded since I was able to play fairly well at 160 ping using only simple melee and swoop.

There were a lot of different causes to the death of ESF, but the only people capable of bringing the game back is the dev team. To me, it seems like a lot of them just don't care so I doubt a completed 1.3 will even see the light of day. If it does, and it sticks to the melee outline, then it would have been a waste of time as only the most diehard of dbz fans would enjoy that kind of fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, I know why the pros left, in fact I was one of them, so don't lecture me. We left because there was nothing left to do, and because the game wasn't challenging any more.

As for the "play to win" thing - if you don't control the pace of the fight, you don't control the fight at all, and you're going to lose anyway.

Then there's the bit with the "three ground hit", and I remember that. When I came back last time, I was like "what the hell are you people doing?" when they were double hitting me on the ground. The rules were two air, one ground for a reason. I don't understand why that was changed (possibly had to do with the pros getting tired of wasting time on the newbs) but it wasn't a good change.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're seriously going to try to tell me that I don't know why I and the rest of the people I played with on a daily basis who controlled all of the major American servers and were part of all of the major American clans left? Really? I mean, I don't want to argue because I'll end up winning, but really? The game was only ever as boring as the person you were fighting. Even towards the end, I was having a blast with LoKi. If you're fighting people you can't beat and are dominated by, the game becomes annoying and isn't fun. If you're fighting people you can't even hit you, the game becomes boring. When all of us were around, we entertained each other, be it by actually playing or just by having conversations that offended everyone who wasn't one of us.

If you're not playing to win, you're not going to bother trying to control the pace of the fight. If both players are actively trying to get one over on the other player, it's going to be an interesting and fast-paced fight. If both players are fighting defensively and trying to run all the time (every euro player I've ever fought), either one or both players are going to get bored. It's up to one or both to do something about that.

The American rule was 2 air, 1 ground but as I said, a euro player took that rule, and changed it to suit himself. 3 hits anywhere became the rule for Europe, but when they tried to pull that **** in our servers, they were removed immediately. We understood what would happen if the people you were fighting were dominated in such a way that the game wasn't fun to play. There were other, better, ways to dominate that allowed you to both win and impress the person you were fighting, causing him to want to get to your level one day. Many of the people who joined our clans later in the game's life were people we had beaten into submission long ago, but had understood the game's potential when placed in capable hands.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
My assumption still stands. The reason why the ESF community is dead, isn't because the game is old. Take a look at cs 1.6 it's the oldest mod ever lol..

It's because NEW players dont really get to see the indepth gameplay of esf.

you can say that pro's ruined it.. but for me, pros were what hooked me. I wanted to figure out how they moved so fast, and they were the ones who made me come back because it was amazing what they could do * when i was nub *. The fun in the game was getting good and finally beating alot of people i met in the community.

the BIG PROBLEM. IS THAT ESF DOESN"T HAVE A TUTORIAL that shows cam views rates, and moves, which ill make in a bit, along with a gameplay vid.. just hope it's not too late.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A tutorial isn't going to solve anything at this point. When you have people like Drew beam spamming servers and harassing newcomers, they're not going to want to stay, regardless of how detailed a tutorial you create.

Best answers
I gotta agree with vox here. Sorry jinx, I know your intentions are noble, but there is just so many servers nowadays and a ****load of pros acting like ****s (not everyone) and impatient newbs... esf is dying man. I really hope the dev team finally decides to give a flying **** and actually do something about this, it'd be a shame otherwise. The game is broken, true, but it had major potential.

Then 1.2 appeared, so did the pros and the newbs, and everyone just got sick/bored of winning or losing.

And about this whole thing, Avenger and Vox, you're both right, stop arguing. Some left because of RL, others left because of boredom, others got fed up of losing. After exploring capabilities of the whole fighting system, whether detailedly or "I CAN PUNCH J00 12 TIMES R0FLBBQ!!11", they just used so much and no more, got stuck with it, got bored and left.

And you know why else the community is going out the window? Because of the forum. And you know why? Because of "I have a bigger weener" posts, just like the ones you're making right now. And yes, I'm not gonna be a hypocrite, I used that a lot in my days in this forum against people like Zeonix. But I know the outcome of that, what's so important about being right or wrong in a discussion? If you shut the other guy up by some miracle, you feel great, I know. But then what? What did you gain?

Stop contradicting people because they happen to have a point of view. And if you're SOOOO crazy about doing so, do it properly.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My post regarding why the American pros left was limited only to the American pros within my circle (in other words, anyone who was anyone), and isn't even a matter of opinion. During what I'll now label as "The Second Great Exodus" (the first being 1.2's initial release), I spent days asking people why they were leaving and trying to figure out ways to bring back our friends who had left, as well as retain those who were still with us. To say what I've experienced is wrong is ludicrous, just because my interaction with a major part of the game differs from what Avenger may have experienced with his interaction with the others. "IM A PRO! DONT LECTURE ME!!" Right. And I've been here for far longer than most of you, and I've been a top tier player for far longer than most of you. I've been around long enough to see the patterns, to know what works and to know what doesn't. When I'm active, I'm one of the best, and when I'm not active, I take on administrative jobs and work behind the scenes because someone has to. This isn't a matter of "YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID" for me. I've spent the last 4 years on this forum, and the last 5 and a half years playing the game, so this place and the game obviously means a lot to me.

The forum, itself, has never really meant anything to the actual gaming community. Even I wasn't really able to get the people I'd played with for years to be more than just casual posters. It certainly doesn't help that it took me 2 minutes just to get to the "Hooray, you're logged in" screen, though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A video isn't going to do anything. It might bring in more people but it's not going to fix what's going to later drive them away. Elitists love ESF. Why? I don't know. They just do. But that's basically what's killing the mod, as stated above. I quit both out of boredom and annoyance. Boredom because the only person who I ever have fun fighting (or indeed, feel challenged fighting) is DaRk, and annoyance because there's too much elitist bull**** floating around. The only way to not have to listen to some wannabe script kiddie rant about how much better they are than you (after just having been pummeled into the ground by you) is to make a private server, which means it's difficult to meet good new players. That, and American servers are pretty much gone for some reason. Europeans have taken over ESF, which means disaster in most ways.

The reason anybody still plays CS 1.6 (or indeed, Half-Life mods in general) is because they can't afford better rigs to play better games. Give the 12 year old kid that just called you a n00b a better PC, and I guarantee you'll never see him again because he'll move on to calling people n00bs in Crysis and CoD4, or even BF2/2142. CS 1.6 is a game for cheap bastards (that was jokingly stated, for the record, but true nonetheless).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Grega: I have no idea why you guys didn't ban the second ground hit. We had to artificially create rules just to keep the game balanced and enjoyable, but it worked out for as long as they were enforced. The rule was 2 hits air, one hit ground. I don't know who, but one of the euros decided they should warp our rule and change it to 3 hits maximum anywhere, just so that one player could use exploits without anyone complaining.
You need not wonder. Was Kais idea. And the whole Akatsuki folowed up converting every pro player in europe within a month.

Heck im so pissed at that rule that i actually kicked someone off one of the servers i had admin in for doing that. But eventually i was the only guy standing with the 2 hits in air 1 on ground thing.

In any case. As the people stated Jinx. A tutoreal video wouldnt do much good. New people cant just look at something and learn it. They need to practice it. So if you want them to stick you should make a whole training agency.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why the hell are you people complaining/accusing pro's at all!? getting my ass handed to me was the basis of why i played at all through 1.1. noobs nowadays dont have the backing of the community, so what is their mindset? "theres no way i can become as good as them" "ill never win at this game". i remember the last thing i said to a noob was, "stop ****in whining and play the game newbie". it never used to be like that.

in the past people would actually teach you to play this game, without that kinda support we wont get good players. but, its not the communities fault, its the team. they are, indeed, the laziest "modders" i have ever seen, which is sad cause it didnt use to be that way. i dont ****ing care if you have lives outside of this game, dont promise something/try to do something that you know is outside your range of doing. ****ers.

maybe i didnt answer any questions or anything in my post, but it made me feel better.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Omg hey dark , <3. Add me on friends , i found the truth=] religion is alot of bs and some truth =]. Just add me on steam friends "[email protected]"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You found the truth....again? I'm going to go ahead and attribute this awakening to the lengthy conversation we had that one time I decided to go in game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just ignore him zeo...eventually he will find zeonicism (pronounced ze-uh-ny-cism) and then there will be no need for all this

but seriously

Omg hey dark , <3. Add me on friends , i found the truth=] religion is alot of bs and some truth =]. Just add me on steam friends "[email protected]"
youve found the truth at least 10 times already so why in the hell should i care? jinx, heres something that you should be able to figure out, despite your obvious lack of logic or rationale. religion isnt something that you search out. there is no truth to it, and it isnt a proven subject. religion is based off of BELIEF. as much as im sure you think you do, i can guarantee you havent found ****. there isnt "proof" of anything that you find and there wont ever be any. religion is faith, not an alternate science. (yes, christianites, i said science.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom