esf without steam?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basicly WON is a part of HL1 its the engine. But STEAM overrides those protocoles and uses difrentones.

But basicly WON is HL ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
It is impossible to play online with WON, for online play you will need to use Steam.

It might be possible to host a LAN game with WON, but I'm not sure about that.
If I recall there was a third party company tryying to make a non-steam game network with won, and a patch was released not so long ago for hl on WON. I belive it was called WON2, but it's been a while since i read up on that, so I probably wouldn't remeber it to well.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I play offline with won, its easy and I dont get any problems, errors or anything. I just install ESF in my half-life directory, go into HL, click on custom game, select ESF and then I can kick some bot a**.

I would like to have steam and play online, but that will have to wait for a while. :(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I can't believe people say WON is Half-Life, because that is not true at all. You know steam right? A server program. To search / connect to servers for your game you are playing, well WON is the same thing. One big server that all game servers of half-life & other games goes through, WON also checks if your CD-KEY you are using is valid or not.

And if i am not mistaking, Other games are using WON as well, such as this website: http://www.won.net/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom