ESF - Vegeta Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Ok, the I've noticed the community have been offering alot of opinions on models & skins. So here your chance to help and be heard. I am very un-happy with the way Vegeta has turned out (some may disagree), and think he really needs reskinned head to foot, but anyway. I want you opinions, draw-overs and crits on where I should go from here.

Only I will be frequenting this thread, so do not comment on the mesh. I have nothing to do with the model, it does not need changed.

Constant mesh crits will result in me closing this thread immediatly. and I am not even close to joking about this.

I want this looking as much like Vegeta as possible, and honestly I need some good constructive critic before I continue.

Notes:

This is not the most up-to-date version of Vegeta (minus the head). I used one of my older renders for this.

- Head

I have reskinning the head for the most part, I was most dissapointed with the likeness to Vegeta. The head is almost prefect imo, But please disagree with me ^_^;.

- Legs

The back of the legs have been scrapped by me. I was terribly unhappy with how they had turned out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Add some definite lighting in places. The shading looks good and all, but ingame with the HL rendering system just shading will barely show up at all and it'll look mostly like a temp color. Try some lighting. That's my only crit as of now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true true, add more lighting.

why don't u also try the buu saga outfit after doing the armor skin?

Best answers
I don't know if it's just me, but the shading on the back of the elbows looks a little bit overdone. It seems to me (no specific refs in mind, so obviously I'm not the most educated source) that DBZ characters have exaggerated triceps and the elbows are more or less just bumps. The shading on the back of your Vegeta's elbows is very elaborate, and seems more or less anatomically accurate. However, as we all know, DBZ isn't renowned for its accuracy in that respect. Maybe just a little less detail.

Best answers
Well as the general feeling so far is "more lighting".... I completed revamping Vegeta's head.

Top line new, bottom line old.

New

Old

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion Raven Blade, if you aren't happy with your skin, you should know what's wrong with it. I still say it's great. And i really don't want it changed in any way. But that's your choice to change it. Hey maybe I will like it more :)

But you might want to change the buttox area (professional huh :cool: )

For now that's all i have

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new face looks a lot more vegeta-like. The other face was kinda fat and dark, but this one is good.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
In my opinion Raven Blade, if you aren't happy with your skin, you should know what's wrong with it.
heh I wish I did, I just look at it and go "OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
head looks good man GJ!
well here´s my little suggestion:

The cloth is more ribbon like *or whatever its called* you know what vegeta said?*it was vegeta right??* it can expand as far as you want to so i think it should be a bit more shinier.
the color ...i dunno just changed it cause i think it looks a bit better

as for the armor...i know he´s the prince of all saiyans and crap but hey!ieven he can´t keep his armor nice and shiny all the time.
maybe not soo important but i think it still give the skin a different look

*off-topic*
why is the ESF team sticking to the armor vegeta bte?
i like the one without much more =P

Best answers
Lord Killmore said:
why is the ESF team sticking to the armor vegeta bte?
i like the one without much more =P
mainly cos its already finished ^_^;. From what I have gathered ESF is mainly centered around the Cell Saga + Android Saga. Which means Saiyan Armor Vegeta... (with additional charcters from the Buu & Freeza saga).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah ok =P
anyway whatcha think of my "drawover" ?
*lol* i wanted to know what you thikn about the *scratches* and stuff on the armor i think it just makes him look more like he´s fighting :p

*edit&off-topic*
meh if i remember right and you are THE ONE Ravenblade then you where the one that motivated me to become a skinner . back in the 1.0 days if i remember with *i think* kreshis gogeta =P
i were asking you on how you did those eyes *lol*

--Me is gonn aget burned for ultimate off-topicness-- O_O

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

okay, i was careful to not correct the mesh, i think that this should help you identify area's for shaddow and such, and help with the eyes, even though they arent bad, if they were fixed it would be perfect.... just look over the drawover ;)

doh while i did the drawover, uve fixed most of it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm no pro, but I'll give you my 2 cents anyway.

1. The armor making it dirty actually looks cool. (But I do like the clean crisp skin of the first model.)

2. The darkened areas in the legs, I'm not too fond of, because it doesn't look ... I don't know. Good. But It DOES define vegetas muscles more. And what he is wearing is a spandex material, which means every detail of his body is pretty much outlined by his cloths.

::EDIT::

LoL Davidskiwan, sorry but that is REALLy hard to read (no offense) could you put that in text? Or make it neater, but the draw over is good :)

Best answers
WELL, I was working on it while not checking the thread.......*slappehz myself* but my real problem area was the legs, I really wasent fond of how the looked. Anyway I'm quite happy with them now, and with a few adjustments to follow davidskiwan's drawover they will be pretty pewfect.

*cough* bordem = INVERT ZE BLACK...HUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough*

I'll fix and post a proper render later ^_^;

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omfg, thats hardcore!!! leave it like that pleeeeease!

Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
omfg, thats hardcore!!! leave it like that pleeeeease!
lol ^_^; DBZ "OMFG MUST BE THE SHOW!!! " activists would hunt me down!

Update

Head Fixes

thx to davidskiwan

Notes:

- Sideburn is the best I could do without altering the skinamp (or) hours of fiddeling.
- Fixed Nose, Eyebrows, Eyes & Ears

Best answers
Where does he look chubby? around the face?? gotta be more specific kongkong (or I hit j00 wiv teh evil n00bz0r stick >_< ! )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not the NEWBie stick =O ! yeah the face, glad it's not his crotch :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom