ESF to Xbox 360 & as a standalone game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
answer

as I allready told you the BASIC I am using to develope the game is saving it to both windows & xbox 360, so nomatter what I do I will still get it to both windows & xbox 360 and how can it be so hard to understand that I am creating
a game with should be able to be exactly like ESF. I am not studying how ESF work. I am looking on it and makes my game do the same. IT DONT NEED THE HALF-LIFE ENGINE!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you are saying you want to make a game that looks just like ESF but isnt actually ESF?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So basicly, you are wanting to create a retailed version of Earth's Special Forces for Windows & XBOX 360 without the need of Half-Life 1. And that you are wanting to contact the ESF team in request for the source, so you can attempt to complete your work?

Best answers
ill just stop develop it. Nobody seems to like it as a game everybody can play without half-live. Its not even illegal and I was just doing this to make people that dont have Half-Live to play it too.
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
AutoMerged DoublePost
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
Yeah FF|Skyrider thats exactly what I mean but I dont need any source I only need permision to upload it to public download

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It was created for Half-Life within reason. Half-Life is awesome, and it only costs $10.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill just stop develop it. Nobody seems to like it as a game everybody can play without half-live. Its not even illegal and I was just doing this to make people that dont have Half-Live to play it too.
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
AutoMerged DoublePost
»»»»»»»»»»»««««««««««««
Yeah FF|Skyrider thats exactly what I mean
ESF can't run without Half-Life.

That's the problem.

It can't.

That's why it is called a mod. It modifies Half-Life.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh that clears stuff up a lot.

Well the thing is that ESF is still based on the Half Life engine. Youd have to do some major code rewriting to get it to work.

In any case im not sure if Harsens will want to gibe you the current code. But if you want you can still get the alpha code from here

Best answers
ill give up. Nobody understands that I am developing the game with the models form ESF and thats it have nothing to do with HALF-LIVE!!! Anyway FF|Skyrider is right there is no reason to make a game if Half Live only costs 10$

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you want to make an entirely new game, but <s>steal</s> use all the artwork/models/sounds/graphics from ESF?

Lulz.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the models do have one thing to do with Half Life.

they are GoldSRC model format. Meaning the engine you would be using would have to be able to handle that format exacly like Half Life does.

Thats why you have difrent types of model formats for difrent types of games.

Best answers
not stealing I would ask for permission to upload my game to public download. I would of cource write that I only stood for the coding of the application and not the artwork/models/sounds/graphics and yes I would convert them

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not stealing I would ask for permission to upload my game to public download. I would of cource write that I only stood for the coding of the application and not the artwork/models/sounds/graphics
Well that shouldnt be a problem actually. But youd need to ask the authors of the models.

In any case if they give you permitions then youd only have to watch out that you dont sell the game or funimation would get ppised at both ESF and your game ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then what models do you have in mind?

Are they the standard ones from ESF 1.2.3 or are they custom ones made by other members than the team?

Best answers
As I allready said I have stopped develop it. Nobody wants it and I understand them. 10$ for half live is nothing

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well your choice. But you formulated it kinda wrongly.

You keep saying ESF for Xbox and standalone. But the trouth is youd just be using the models, sounsds and so on. The actuall code would be useless for you. So that would mean its not actually ESF but a whole difrent game that just looks and sounds like ESF.

A standalone ESF is actually an interesting idea. And even if HL is cheap there are still lots of cheapskates round so they refuse to buy it. Even if they get over 100 mods for free from that.

The main argument against a game like ESF on Xbox is the controller. Unless you slow down ESFs gameplay to a crawl its not compatible with a gamepad controller. You need a mouse if you want speed and precision, and controllers dont have that.

Oh well still if you could pull of making an engine that handles HL stuff then id say you are waisting your time with the files from ESF. Fact is that everything of ESF, while it pushes all the limits HL has, is still really outdated.

Id actually suggest you get a team together and make something difrent. Since if you can handle coding an engine then making the physics wouldnt be hard. And as long as the coder is 100% with the project getting the rest of the team should be easy. Coders are the hardest to get and the hardest to keep.

So if you are actually developing an engine then as a coder (really nooby coder but still a coder) i suggest you make something difrent with your own team and your own ideas rather than copying something else. You can make something better than what ESF is so you shouldnt limit yourself with an ESF lookalike.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My guess is just that, he's using the XNA Framework which is a very easy way to create a game on both XBox and PC. and it's very easy to use.. anyways just a guess.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
My guess is just that, he's using the XNA Framework which is a very easy way to create a game on both XBox and PC. and it's very easy to use.. anyways just a guess.
That sumed it up right there. The XNA Framework (which I have not touched yet), is from what I hear, a very easy way to develop a game, no matter what kind. All you need is the artwork, models, animations, etc, and boom you got yourself a game. Problem with doing that, is yes, it has to be free, you can't sell it from my understanding. So theoretically he could create ESF as a standalone without a problem, he just needs the permission of the artists, and modellers to use the content.

This could be a way to push ESF to the console, and to the PC without the need of the Half-Life engine.

Just my 2cents. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm pretty sure that pictures fake.

besides the overall crap quality the size throws me off too, along with the 360 logo.

and the text doesnt match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom