ESF to Steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am pretty sure monthly subscriptions are for if you want to get new games, if you don't subscribe it will allow you to do everything you can do on WON at the moment (for that guy on the last page). Subscribing gets you games like CS:CZ and such...

Best answers
People can say what they want about Steam, but I think it'd be great if not for the bugs.

Today, I went to install Day of Defeat, having never installed it before with Steam. (I played the old betas before, but they've been long erased.) It said that the game was 380 megs in cache, so I was prepared to wait. Wait I did not. Within 10 minutes, I was playing. I -still- cannot figure out how exactly that much data transferred, broadband or not, but Steam is doing something right, at least.

:yes:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is very bad for esf and every other aspect of halflife mods if you want them to work correctly. Not only has steam gotten outragously worse in recent weeks but its always been crap to begin with. The month registration thing will be for everyone but you don't need to pay. You only need to renew you little name subscription which is free. Don't ask why they do it becuase I don't know. I just hope they fix it soon because I want to crave cs with my old server buddies.

Best answers
Alrighty, i finally have both STEAM and WON installed and workin happy.
I'm ready for this "Conversion" but I would like to know when exactly will WON be offline. anyone know?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its about time they made this thread a sticky. I had to keep looking for it to show others :angry:

What files are un-needed for Steam to work? I know the text files.

Best answers
yeah ... i just can say my famous sentence ...

"steam is just steam, not more ..."

you know what steam is ... steam is hot air ... and i mean that steam is just hot air ... heated up... overdresses ... they promoted the very most sucking software there ever was since dialers where invited... steam is as useful for it's users as a dialer ... there is absolutely no use ! :devgrin:

they say it's an advantage ... :S for me absolutely not ...
the damn ******* who got this famous idea .. i want him to look like :fight:

Best answers
ya know what guys... steam is fine ur just all dumb.. no offence but if u cant find the goodness in steam well then ur just dumb.. : /

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't go around calling everyone dumb

Not exactly what you want todo on these forums. Your likely to find yourself called worse them dumb.

In other words don't insult people and they won't insult you and the moderators won't have to warn everyone

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't stand when two people who can hardly type start randomly flaming each other.

Steam works fine, if you know how to set it up properly. I'd still rather use WON though.

Best answers
****** You can go and S U C K D O W N ****s !!! ***** !!! edited for circumventing the filter with naughty words. -Magus
You want to tell me Steam is good ? Your brain must be malfunctioning !!! You are talking crap ! You are a very funny person...
Steam also works great with my computer, but I absolutely refuse to use it ! Steam is dirty and it's an insignificant pest ! I hate Steam just for the reason I don't need it and I don't want to need it !!! Steam is crap that can be used for Counter-Strike ... I absolutely refuse to play Counter-Strike ! Counter-Strike has become a sloppy game ... It's just too slow for me ... and don't start talking about reality ... if you want to tell me, Counter-Strike represents reality in any way and gives you a feeling of reality ... maybe there is no more hope ... Your brain must be heaten up ... it's called the "Sudden-Death-Syndrome" :talk:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude calm down is agains the rules flaming people I do agree Won is far way better than Steam umm steam is just too darn buggy...

Best answers
I doubt anyone would be on STEAM if CS 1.6 didnt require it.

And yes, Aurora Flash-- your at a 9, we need you at a 3. I don't think the mods are gonna like the W, SDC, and P words very much... =\ Shouldn't lower urself to the sinking level of others.

Best answers
well thats fine with me ...
you are finally someone who agrees to what i say... people use steam to have the possibility to use counter-strike ... its nothing more but this fact... do you know if you play with steam on LAN, you don't even have the console ? that is not what i expect when i hear of a useful program full of advantages ... we are betatesters for them, nothing more ... this program is like it was made by the "gigasolid" (please turn the words upside down ... inside out... whatever) ... you know i am talking about a huge firm producing operating systems and peripherials for the personal computer ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom